is this die off? graphic

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions is this die off? graphic

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anna 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Evurr
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 20

since I started cutting down the sugar, removed yeast from my diet and started taking pau darco, garlic and linseed; the yeast infections have become more common, before it was one a month, I have had one a week for the past 3 weeks. The first two I sucessfully treated with tea tree and within a couple of days they were gone.

This one is a real belter and the initial symptoms were very different.

The first two felt like they had started in my bowels and moved over to my vagina. It was a cold prickly sensation.

This time it started around my clitoris (sorry for the grapic talk) and moved down to my vagina and is a burning sensation rather than cold and prickly.

Is this die off?

I am taking a rest from the pau darco and garlic for a while.

I had to resort to otc drugs but I’m not sure if they have worked. If they haven’t I’m off to the docs to get properly tested. I’ll stick to the sugar reduction diet where I am slowly finding foods that don’t have added sugar and the yeast free diet where possible (some meat replacement stuff has yeast extract in it but won’t eat that much).

Having read quite a lot now I have decided to find my own way through the diets and see what works. At the moment I am working on the theory of:
    drugs to kill it
    acidophilus to support my gut (will be getting some pre-biotics to help with that)
    Reduced sugar and yeast diet.

I have no idea if it will work but I’m going to give it a go.

But all that is an aside… is this die off? I can’t understand how it could be getting worse when my diet is improving…..

cazz9t9
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

that kind of thing happened to me.. had a few within a month!!
    i went to the doctor for the yeast infections she gave a me a tablet its only 1 and you take it orally for thrush she said some times you have to kill it from the inside!
    i still am gettin yeast infections most months but only once a month and there not as bad thanks to the diet!!
    i have been taking Dida tablets which treat candida there most herbal and they reccommend you take Uno’s Super 8 with them as the dida tablets can kill soem good bacteria too!

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having a difficult time!

It sounds like it could be a die off reaction. When your body purges the yeast symptoms often get worse before they get better.

You might want to try coconut oil as an anti-fungal as it’s quite helpful with this particular candida symptom.

Good luck, I hope things get better.

Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Evurr
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 20

Hi Anna

Thanks for the suggestion but I don’t think I could stomach drinking that.. I might pop into town and see about caprilic acid (same stuff yes?) as the heath store lady mentioned it.

It’s the not knowing… if it was a case of “these symptoms are it getting worse and these are it getting better” I would cope with the infection this time knowing it definitely was die off.

But, today I feel good. I have started drinking water and lemon juice rather than cordial so thats another sugar free option.. and I just made some soda bread so have bread with no yeast!!! And it’s whole grain so very tasty!!!

It’s a slow process but there is simply no way I could live on veg for a month and will not go back to eating meat… so if I can find my own way through this I am more likely to stick to it.

To be honest I am chilling out a bit. I am a very spiritual person and my healer told me I have to listen to my body and do what it says rather than what all the web sites say. So I have taken to dowsing my food to see what I can eat and what I can’t. I wobble in my faith at times through the day but I feel much happier for it. Lets hope it works….

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Cutting out sugar and junk will help your immune system so if you stick with a healthy diet I’m sure your body will have a better chance to fight these yeast infections.

The coconut oil is actually pretty good, I love it! You could try using it as a cooking oil? Or in a smoothie? I’m going to post some of my recipes soon. I use it as a night moisturizer as well and it’s made a big difference on my skin. Caprilic acid tablets will do the same thing though so try them. I hope they help!

Good luck, I think you are on the right track!

Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘is this die off? graphic’ is closed to new replies.