Is this candida? I need advice!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is this candida? I need advice!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  emzie89 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

emzie89
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 31

Hi all,

I am looking for some guidance and help, and hoping anyone can help. For the past 3 months i have been living with a 24/7 spaced out feeling that is ruining my life. I have sensitivity to light/sound. My light sensitivity is so bad that even bedroom lights are really hard for me to tolerate, and i often have to have to turn lights off, and resort to lamps with less bright lighting. Also highly sensitive to noise, even someone coughing can sound really loud to me and bothers my ears. I also have chronic post nasal drip, itchy ears, reoccurring vaginal yeast infections, terrible digestive issues (although i had digestive problems a few months before all these symptoms started), sore throat, constant dry mouth, which makes me thirsty, achy all over, especially my neck, shoulders, tingling in hands and feet, and temple headaches.I also have had urgency/frequency/burning while urinating. I have been to a urologist for this, who said there is microscopic blood in my urine. He did a cystoscopy to rule out anything serious, and said everything looked fine, but we still have not found the underlying cause for this problem. Watching tv, driving, and computer make this worse as i really have to concentrate, and react to certain foods. This all started when i found out i was pregnant in December, and a week previous to that i had some dental work done (The pregnancy was a bit of a surprise). I would start feeling spaced out every now and then and get mild headaches while pregnant, but it would come and go and was not constant. I put it down to hormones and pregnancy. A couple of weeks later i miscarried, and was fine for 3 weeks. Then, randomly out of nowhere one day the spaced out feeling came back, and has been constant since. I have had a ct scan which came back normal, celiac was negative, and diabetes and anemia were negative. I did see a gastro who prescribed me nystatin, as my stool sample came back with a little more yeast than usual. He did not explain to me about candida, or a diet, he just said to take the nystatin for 10 days, and it did not help at all. I actually wondered what too much yeast meant, and googled it and came to find candida, which i had no knowledge about beforehand. My questions are:

1) Does this sound like yeast overgrowth? I mean it really sounds like what the issue is to me, but i don’t know if it is where to start

2) Is it true people with only weakened immune systems have systematic candida, like those with HIV/AIDS/Cancer? I also have no history of recent antibiotic use before this occurred. Can pregnancy cause this?

3) Why don’t doctors recognize this as a problem unless you have HIV/AIDS? This is seriously making me miserable. I had to drop out of my last semester because i cannot think straight, and my head is always foggy/and i feel constantly high. If candida is the problem, this is torture, and i don’t know how doctors don’t help people with this.

4) What doctor can help me? I was talking to someone who said they to had all tests run for everything to come back normal, and when yeast was found through a doctor she went to, he prescribed diflucan. With the diet and meds, it completely cleared up and she felt normal again, but the problem was as soon as she finished the meds, it came right back.

Can anyone offer me advice, and also do some people just never get cured from this? I can’t imagine living this way forever. My husband and i want to start a family, but i can’t feeling this way.

Lkjoy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

I’m new to all of this too and just wanted to say good luck!! I constantly feel like I have brain fog too and I’m trying to figure out if it’s due to candida. My doctor hasn’t been very helpful either so I will be seeking a second opinion soon.

emzie89

Good luck to you too! Maybe we can help each other in our journey!

Lkjoy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Absolutely 🙂

emzie89

My email is [email protected] if you would like to talk

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Do you live with toxic mold by chance? This kinda sounds like it…

We aren’t going to diagnose you but you should look at various stories on the forum.

Systematic candida is basically when you are fighting for your life at the hospital, its very serious. So if you are here typing, then its not systematic candida.

Doctors don’t have an incentive to treat this because there are not many drugs there to address yeast and digestive problems. Additionally, if they admit to yeast being a problem then they likely will have to address other things/facts that most of the medical field doesn’t often treat. So you basically have to find a doctor who knows how to treat yeast problems and there isn’t many out there.

I would look at allergy testing to start out and see what you are allergic to. Mention how you might have intestinal permeability of inflammation of the gut. Additionally, you might be able to get the hyposensitization test that dvjorge recommends as best diagnosis. From there you could either go to a GI doctor, nutritionist, chiropractor, naturopath, etc. depending on which state you live and whats available in the area.

In general, most naturopaths should have experience treating yeast and digestive disorders and know about the best methods or ways to get better. The difference between a good ND and a bad one is how much experience they have typically, so try to find one with 20-30 years experience treating yeast problems. If they just got out of school and haven’t had many customers, then I would go elsewhere.

You can get better in 6-18 months typically if you stick to the strict diet and have a good plan to get better. If you do the treat yourself route, it will take longer from my experience, unless your ND isn’t very good. And by getting better, I mean you’ll have basically no symptoms unless you eat some real crap food. I’ve personally been at this 3 years and had it real bad from toxic mold…and now I can get away with eating badly 4+ days at a time and recover quickly if I want to do that. A cure for me means no relapse and this is difficult to reach for some but not everyone.

-raster

emzie89

Do you possibly have an email you can be reached at? There is no messaging on this forum, unless i can’t see the button for it.

raster
    Participant

I’d prefer to post on here if thats ok…my wife kinda doesn’t want me emailing people and is sensitive about it lol.

-raster

emzie89

Fair enough lol.

What do you mean exactly by toxic mold?

What anti fungals did you have the best success with?

What probiotics did you use if any?

Did you do any cleanses?

Did you have severe brain fog?

I read so many different stories who swear by different protocols. This is why i want to see a doctor who knows about this to give me some sort of plan, but i don’t want to spend lots of money and it not fix the issues.

raster
    Participant

Toxic mold…is when your place has a mold problem. It can be located in the walls, in the bathroom, in the basement, etc

http://www.casi1986.com/images/photo2.jpg

All antifungals work, but the ones I recommend most are fatty acids which slowly destroy the yeast walls. Examples of fatty acids include SF722, fermented cod liver oil, E3AFA, flax oil, etc.

I recommend a high strain high count probiotic, or ones derived from humans. There is only one human derived probiotic on the market in the US and its called HMF neuro. Other ones I would check out include garden of life and megaflora.

Cleanses don’t really do much in my opinion and aren’t really necessary.

I once had severe brain fog and I had it again last week after consuming coffee for 4 days straight and eating a bunch of garbage (I just moved and had to deal with that). If you can detox well, then it won’t stick around..

You are gonna spend money on a website protocol or a naturopathic one either way, but look at the following brands and see what naturopath’s use to treat patients:

-Pure encapsulations
    -Integrative thereaputics
    -Thorne
    -Seroyal/Unda/Genestra
    -Standard Process

These are high quality vitamins and cost $10-50+ per bottle and this is what ND’s would prescribe. If you don’t get high quality, its not worth it imho. Look at the standard process product line and an ND likely would prescribe you 1-3+ of these to help your digestion, etc.

-raster

emzie89

Great info! Thanks. So your brain fog will come and go, it is not constant? Mine is all the time. I could live with all the other stuff, but the brain fog is torture. I was supposed to graduate this May, but had to drop my last semester due to just not being able to keep up in my classes. I felt super dumb, and things that were not difficult before, seems really hard to figure out now. I feel like i have become slower, and feel achy all over, especially my neck. I also have an extremely itchy anus, and yeast issues in my lady part! This is why i thought private emails may be easier, now the whole forum can see my embarrassing symptoms! LOL

raster
    Participant

These are pretty normal symptoms actually…

Try out flax oil with lignens and detoxing with milk thistle and this should help reduce brainfog. Acupuncture likely can help reduce brain fog too.

-raster

emzie89

Did you have any sort out order to this? Like diet for so long then introduce supplements, or all at one time? Also, is there a medical test to see if this is the actual problem. I had yeast overgrowth in my stool. Not sure if this is enough to make this my diagnosis or not, but all other tests have been normal. I am also confused about parasites and candida. Do they go hand in hand? I wondered if this is the itching problem. I also heard adrenal fatigue can cause the major light sensitivity. I am not sure exactly what this is. Do you not have to find the cause of the overgrowth to fix it?

raster
    Participant

In general, most people get better with the diet along with probiotics and antifungals.

The best diagnosis test according to dvjorge is the candida immune complex test (candia5 test). He has mentioned it a number of times in his posts…but if you want the best analysis of the results, I would consult a naturopath.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst10009p5_Tip-of-Penis-tingles-itches-in-6-yr-old-boy.aspx?=

Everyone has parasites, we just have them at different numbers. You cannot kill off all of the parasites in the body, but you can reduce their numbers.

Dvjorge has a simple adrenal fatigue test too if you look at some of his recent posts.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst10386_Potent-Antifungal-Blend.aspx

What I would do to get better:

-allergy testing and hyposensization(candida immune compelx) test and get a good naturopath to analyze results.
    -naturopath puts you on plan to get better
    -follow diet on the forum that I developed (more strict than website diet)
    -after 3-6 months you should feel better and can start to introduce more foods like beans, fruit, etc.
    -6-12 months be mostly symptom free except when you cheat.

However if you were to do something on your own I would:
    -do a slight detox for 1 week before starting diet and take liver cleansing herbs like milk thistle.
    -start a stage 3 strict forum diet for 1-2 weeks.
    -move to stage 2 strict forum diet for 1-2 weeks
    -go to stage 1 strict forum diet for 3-6+ months
    -move back through the other stages as you get better.

But if you do it on your own you could easily spend more money than a ND in the long term, especially if it doesn’t work. You could start the diet and then get all of this internet advice, etc. (people telling you to chelation and enemas, etc.) and then who knows, maybe you go to the hospital or something after a panic attack. For instance, you could have an undiagnosed thyroid problem and this diet could make you worse off real fast. There are risks for anything you do in general but the simplest way to improve your health is via diet by itself. And this is why you shouldn’t follow any internet plans in my opinion because there are risks for doing almost all of them…your body is unique and you have unique symptoms and so it might be hard to treat on your own.

Just trying to help you think this out because you definitely should plan this out beforehand because you could have a 2-3 year battle and you could get better or worse quickly. I’ve seen people go through bad die-off from the candida toxins and I just don’t want to see people get harmed anymore.

-raster

raster
    Participant

Also one thing worth noting in all of this, you do not have a candida problem by itself…its a complex of problems. Your liver, thyroid, intestines, brain, etc. are all affected. Your diet isn’t good and its hard to get proper nutrition and you likely have nutritional deficiencies, etc. So its not just one problem but a variety of things that are affecting you.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is this candida? I need advice!’ is closed to new replies.