Is this candida??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is this candida??

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

zenn
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi,

I am wondering if someone could help me.

I have had a problem for about two months now, which is that I have a foul smell leaking from my (sorry) bottom. It smells like gas, but it doesn’t feel like it because I cannot control it. It happens randomly, and when I am nervous and near people it ALWAYS happens, especially if I am sitting down. I am also recently experiencing a sort of anal tickling, very mild (sorry for the graphic information!)

I do not have any visibly digestive problems (i.e diarrhea or constipation) and I have been to the doctors to get blood tests etc. and everything is normal.

Could this be candida???

I went through a period of high stress and spent a couple of weeks eating peanut butter, chocolates and rye bread only. After that my symptons appeared. I have tried cutting out lactose, and eating ‘non-gasseous food’ but nothing is helping and it is really ruining my life and leaving me depressed, alone indoors due to fear of being near people.

I appreciate the help!!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

These symptoms could be a Candida overgrowth, especially considering your past diet. Of course there could also be another reason for the symptoms such as parasites. Do you have any other symptoms at all? Rashes, mouth problems, etc.

What is your diet like now, and are you taking any supplements at all?

Able

zenn
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks for the quick response!!

No I don’t have other symptons, when I was under stress and eating badly (before my condition) I got a bit constipated, but as soon as I started to eat more balanced again it went away.

My diet now is completely different, I have been eating like this recently:

Oatmeal (water instead of milk) with sunflower seeds and almonds, rye bread with lactose free cheese (my doctor told me to keep off lactose for a while), eggs, brown rice or brown pasta with vegetables (pepper, spinach), soya youghurt (plain). Cashew nuts, ginger tea and fennel tea.

I think that is average food I eat now, have stopped eating a lot of things of fear of what it might do to my body. I went on a holiday two weeks ago for a week, and during those days I was only eating white bread (the fear!) but one night I had pasta with pesto and vegetables and had really rumbly stomach all night and lots of diarrhea…

I am taking multivitamins daily (have done so for many years), and I am taking Probiotic with 10 billion (doctor’s recommendation) and I am also eating a spoonful of Golden Linseed everyday (Doctor’s recommendation)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The only way to know for certain whether you have candida overgrowth is via expensive tests or trying out the diet. If you experience “die off” symptoms then you likely have candida overgrowth. Plan on going on a strict diet without brown rice and rye bread, etc. so you can actually kill the candida.

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

raster wrote: The only way to know for certain whether you have candida overgrowth is via expensive tests or trying out the diet. If you experience “die off” symptoms then you likely have candida overgrowth. Plan on going on a strict diet without brown rice and rye bread, etc. so you can actually kill the candida.

I don’t think this is a great way to tell, Raster. Almost everyone gets low-carb “flu” even if they’re otherwise healthy. Ask anyone who’s ever gone on Atkins how they felt at first. Some people are literally laid up in bed for a week. Constipation and euthyroid sick syndrome, which mimics all the general malaise symptoms attributed to candida, are common side-effects as well. Are cold feet and fatigue die-off or plummeting T3 levels?

Yeast infections or yeast in the stool are probably the only sure indicators. Stool testing may be helpful, but the cost is probably hard to justify given the lack of accuracy. zenn doesn’t currently suffer from bloating or constipation, which seems to be rare for a candida overgrowth. It might be a good sign that nothing is particularly dominant in a bad way.

If vegetables cause upset, the problem might be bacterial. Maybe a focus on good nutrition, some sort of antimicrobial like GSE and some heavy doses of probiotics could get fast results here? I think managing stress is probably the priority, and if it isn’t possible, I’d look into physical causes that promote stress (hormone imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, poor circadian rhythm etc). “Destressing” can be more like prevention-too-late than a cure in the chronically stressed.

My advice to zenn would be not to jump into anything. Bacteria, parasites and yeast all behave differently, and the problem could even be totally unrelated to microbes. If stress and poor diet did cause the problem, start by fixing those first. Try cutting out the soy and gluten, limiting (not necessarily removing) plant fats (nuts, seeds, oatmeal) and adding in some nutritionally dense foods. If there’s no actual reason to restrict lactose, I’d look at starting kefir. Restricting carbs may help, but don’t go too low to begin with (~100g/day is a “safe” middle-ground). Then you can experiment with ketosis (may benefit bacterial infections) or antifungals and try to see how you react.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is this candida??’ is closed to new replies.