Is this Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Is this Candida?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  princeofsin 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jslawrenc
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I’m a 42 year old male and have had mild insomnia for several years, but about 4 months ago it got drastically worse. I often lay in bed for hours before falling asleep. When it is at its worst, I wake up between 3-4am and feel as if I had no sleep at all & cannot go back to sleep. Everything I’ve tried to improve sleep (herbal & prescription sleep aids) seems to work for only a week or 2 before my body adapts. I have many classic symptoms of Candida my entire adult life (IBS, Acid Reflux, brain fog, sinus infections and headaches, irritability). I tried taking a OTC product called Candex about 6 months ago & couldn’t sleep at all for days until I discontinued. I currently take probiotics that really help my Acid reflux, but they also seem to exacerbate my insomnia issues. I suspect this all may be Candida related – possibly my liver not being able to handle detox? I’ve gone through 2 Doctors so far who seem to have no clue what’s going on as nothing obvious comes up in my blood work. I’m pretty desperate here as It’s really impacting my job & health in general. Has anyone here had issues similar to this? I’m almost afraid to start the Candida diet considering how severe my insomnia is already (afraid to do anything to make my current symptoms worse). Has anyone experienced anything like this?

princeofsin
    Replies: 224

Hi,

if you do the following you can get rid of it in no time. It will require for you to take a trip down your local health food store like whole foods or vitamin shoppe and get the following items:

1. Get organic coconut oil which cost about $5-7 dollars from a health food store and take 2 tablespoons of it every morning. It will help give relief from the inflammation caused by yeast (candida), externally and internally to your body.
    2. Get apple cider vinegar RAW. I would recommend the one from a company called braggs which is about $6 dollars. Take 2 tablespoons of it the moment you wake up from bed and before you go to sleep. It helps encourage the growth of healthy bacteria, which in turn minimizes the overgrowth of candida and balances your body’s pH level.
    3. Eat lots of leafy Green Veg’s every time you are hungry.

Now you have to avoid the following because they will only prolong your infection:

-No sugar
    -No alcohol (alcohol is a sugar)
    -No wheat
    -No yeast
    -No caffeine (Caffeine prompts the liver to dump large doses of sugar into the blood stream)
    -No preservatives and additives
    -No refined and processed foods
    -No moldy foods
    -No dairy (except yogurt and butter on occasion)
    Cheese and milk contain lactose (milk sugar) which the yeast will feed on.
    (some people can do small amounts of cottage cheese)
    -Low in Carbohydrates

These will only feed the candida (yeast) SO AVOID AT ALL COST.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have a pretty chronic insomnia problem and take prescription meds and vitamin supplements to deal with my woes. I am sleeping really good and heavy right now for the first time in years. I take amytryptaline and have used this for about 10 years.

All I know is that my insomnia was way worse before I started the diet. I felt like a walking zombie and most people with insomnia knows what this feels like. As I have gone through the diet, my insomnia has improved dramatically and I no longer have any sleepless nights.

As far as candida, we won’t know for certain whether you have it over the internet. The only way to know for certain if you have candida is to try the diet, and if you experience die-off symptoms, you likely have candida overgrowth. After about 1-2 months your symptoms should improve considerably (hopefully). It typically gets bad before it gets better.

I also would consider trying out acupuncture if you can afford it. They can puncture certain spots that will aid in your sleep. A naturopathic doctor might be able to heal this problem without prescription meds and prescribe you something like melatonin or PS-100 (which is what I take). There are drawbacks to taking melatonin as well, so finding a naturopath who doesn’t prescribe this outright would be best.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jslawrenc wrote: Has anyone experienced anything like this?

To answer that question; probably everyone on the forum to one degree or another.
    The only way you’re probably going to know for certain whether or not your problems stem from a Candida overgrowth is to go on the diet. I suggest that first you purchase some Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate to protect your body from the Candida toxins which will only increase since dying Candida release them the same as the live ones.

Some posts that will help you to understand what you need to do if you decide to follow the diet and protocol.

The Protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Die-off symptoms:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm9759_DieOff-Symptoms-and-Cure.aspx#post9759

Antifungals:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12975_ANTIFUNGALS-Correct-Doses.aspx#post12975

Probiotics:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

Index of Posts:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm9960_Index-of-Posts.aspx#post9960

Able

jslawrenc
    Replies: 1

Thanks for all the replies & feedback. My Dr. put me on 10mg of Amitriptyline also. Worked very well for a few weeks & then became less affective by the week (had several nights with no sleep at all recently after taking it). I tried Coconut oil about 6 months ago & it also seemed to worsen my sleep (pretty much every anti-fungal I’ve tried has kept me wide awake at night). I’m pretty sure Candida is my primary issue, or at least a big factor. Sounds like I just need to bite the bullet & do the diet. Should be fun – I love carbs and hate vegetables. I can still have steak, right? 🙂

princeofsin
    Replies: 224

Only if its without any type of growth hormones

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is this Candida?’ is closed to new replies.