Is this Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is this Candida?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  attaboy_jhb 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

attaboy_jhb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hello. We are new to the forum but have been reading the site for a while. To start we wanted to say thanks for all the good info!

We were a healthy family of 4 (Mom, Dad and 2 kids age 4 and 2) until we moved into a new house about 2 -3 years ago where our health problems started. I began to have digestive issues (constipation, heartburn), my wife began having some kind of rash on her hands and my 2 children both had eczema on their faces. We were sure that the kids also had digestive issues because of their reluctance to eat, their dubiousness of food and the odd state of their poo. They were babies then so they couldn’t really communicate with us so we guessed a lot. Over two years have gone by and we have moved from that house but when we did so, the health issues came with us. Only very recently, through trial and error and removing certain foods from our diet, were we able to see an improvement in our health and only then was I able to see that there was a correlation between the our diet and the candida diet. Only then I began thinking that it was possible that candida was the reason for our symptoms.

Don’t get me wrong. I still don’t know that candida is the culprit but I wanted to write our story here to get other opinions from other people to see what they thought.
    So my goal in posting this is to share the symptoms we are experiencing and what causes them and get an opinion from someone with more experience about candida than we have.

Whenever I eat anything sweet, even drink a cup of camomile tea with honey, I get heartburn and constipation follows. Same goes for flour and any kind of baked goods. I can eat rice, potatoes and fruit even though they are not allowed on the candida diet so this is another reason why I am not sure if it is candida that I/we have.

Is there anything else that can cause these symptoms?
    Is it possible that an entire family gets it at once?
    I did the spittle test and it is positive. I did the Candida questionare and it is negative.

thank you in advance

attaboy_jhb
    Participant

Nothing, nothing at all?

Jahaja
    Participant
    Replies: 14

Sorry to hear about your situation and hope that you are on your way to recovery.
    Were there any known mold issues with the old house?
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/mold-and-candida/

attaboy_jhb
    Participant

Great, A reply 🙂

We are on our way to recovery thanks but it is hard. I have a 2 year old and I don’t know how it is possible to do this Candida diet (in it’s strictest form) with him. Do you?

also, given our situation, do you think it is Candida? Could it be something else?

It is interesting that you mention mold because this happened to us when we moved to Ireland for work for 2 years and it is insanely wet there. The house didn’t have any mold though from what I could see.

attaboy_jhb
    Participant

Jahaja
    Participant
    Replies: 14

I’m really not qualified to give advice in the matter. I’m kind of in the same boat as you in that I find things pointing in this direction. And I have found things pointing in this direction for years and ruled it out several times over because of all the pseudoscientific misinformation surrounding the topic online in addition to traditional doctors not even acknowledging that anyone could be sick from Candida unless they have a severe immune deficiency or something.

It must be very challenging for you trying to heal yourselves and your young children. I don’t have any experience there unfortunately, just keep at it and keep googling. 🙂

Interesting with the eczema, I actually get something similar myself on the knuckles on one hand from time to time. I got some ointments from the doctor and the advice to moisturize my hands regularly.

attaboy_jhb
    Participant

check this out

http://www.dyshidrosis.co.uk/

that is what we had, I just found a link to Candida

1 user thanked author for this post.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Don’t pay too much attention to the spittle test. It was created by a probiotics company to market their products, and it doesn’t really have any scientific merit.

attaboy_jhb
    Participant

Ok thanks, but what about the other symptoms?

1) heartburn after eating something sweet
    2) constipation eating wheat or flour baked goods

We don’t really have other symptoms

Also, after reading that article, the doctor says that Candida causes dyshidrosis and we all had that around the same time symptoms began

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is this Candida?’ is closed to new replies.