Is this a just aspiration ??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is this a just aspiration ??

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  kirstyk4 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Hi guys,
    I would like to mention you my aspirations regarding to the diet. I believe the worse part of this illness is the restrictive diet and the intestinal overgrowth. If the intestinal overgrowth resolve, it is more like that the rest of the problems resolve too.
    I have been praying to god that some day I will be able to eat white rice, potatoes, beans, legumes, fruits, cheeses, limited whole bread, low sugar or no sugar added ice cream and things like these. I am still young and need to have a social life that may require a cup of wine or a beer time to time.
    I think we are human after all, and one of the few pleasures life has is eating what you like.

I don’t pretend to drink sodas, eat pizza, refined flours, and sugar loaded products. With it, I believe I am renouncing to many things already.

What is your opinion ?? Are these just aspirations ??? or I need to be conformed with anticandida diet for the rest of my life.
    Thanks,
    Jorge.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I think they’re perfectly reasonable aspirations. When you’re healed, it’s just a case of maintaining discipline and savouring the treats in moderation. I always had a very unbalanced diet and never skipped dessert, even after breakfast (biscuits for coffee, muffins, danishes etc) and lunch. Rather than truly appreciating the treats, they were more like a sugar fix, and since I ate them so regularly, I tended to economise and eat far from the best.

I like the idea of maybe once a week buying the most expensive croissant I can find and enjoying it with a nice coffee. No more bland biscuits, chocolate bars with a 10 year shelf life or artificially flavoured potato chips for me! I want to enjoy nutritious food with my health and enjoy some of the luxurious treats life has to offer when the occasion presents itself. Because a luxury is what they should be!

Anyway, it’s clear from both yours and Thomas’ posts that stress is seriously setting back your progress. I see so much negativity, and if that’s what you post on the forum, what’s going through your head all day? I don’t think a lot of people appreciate what stress actually is. It doesn’t mean working 60-hour weeks, being $80,000 in debt and on the verge of divorce. You can experience a stress response of varying degrees every time you think negatively, worry or regret, get irritated, feel fearful, feel awkward in social situations etc.

I recommend doing some research into “stress response” or “fight-or-flight”. It involves pretty much your whole body, and it’s very easy to fall into a vicious cycle where the physical impact of one stress response makes you more likely to elicit another one. After awhile, you may not even notice it happening. You’re always talking about immunity, so you should place great importance on your psychological state, since it can have a massive impact on your immune system.

So, how about a bit of optimism? If we all try hard, I’m sure we will get to enjoy our favourite foods again, probably more than we’ve ever enjoyed them before. But we won’t live for them, and we won’t live to avoid them; we’ll live for our health and our life, and the occasional culinary luxury it bestows us 🙂

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

dvjorge wrote: Hi guys,
    I would like to mention you my aspirations regarding to the diet. I believe the worse part of this illness is the restrictive diet and the intestinal overgrowth. If the intestinal overgrowth resolve, it is more like that the rest of the problems resolve too.
    I have been praying to god that some day I will be able to eat white rice, potatoes, beans, legumes, fruits, cheeses, limited whole bread, low sugar or no sugar added ice cream and things like these. I am still young and need to have a social life that may require a cup of wine or a beer time to time.
    I think we are human after all, and one of the few pleasures life has is eating what you like.

I don’t pretend to drink sodas, eat pizza, refined flours, and sugar loaded products. With it, I believe I am renouncing to many things already.

What is your opinion ?? Are these just aspirations ??? or I need to be conformed with anticandida diet for the rest of my life.
    Thanks,
    Jorge.

Hi mate,
    I believe that you and your body wants the same thing. Being healthy and free. Free means to being free from needs and addictions. There could be a split when the mind tells you it needs coffee, we feel that as a inspiration of lust. We attach different pictures, lifestyles, habits or identification to it. Now the challenge is to ask yourself why do you do what you do. Why do you feel bad when you give up with something? Why do you believe you need it.

I never smoked in my life and don’t miss it. I feel free and my body enjoys the space in my lungs to be able to take in fresh air. In fact all my organs and my body enjoys this freedom from toxins. But I know from friends who stopped smoking how terrible it was for them, life seamed to die for them. They felt they lost a important part of their life.

We are used to press a button and change our feelings. If we feel lonely we look TV, phone, eat or whatever. If we are stressed out we drink some alcohol etc, here we enjoy the feeling of control. Leaving that we feel lost in this world and fearful. If you dont believe that only try out the things you feel you have to do and dont do them for a while.

You will noticed how addicted we are not only to toxins but to behaviours and identifications. Even if you later are able to drink wine, eat chocolate, eat pizza again please do yourself a favour and take now the time and use it wisely to ask yourself why? Why do you want and need something your body doesn’t want. Your lust wants and need it but not your body. Eat healthy, sleep, exercise and fill your life with beauty, out of choice and freedom for yourself and the body.

yours
    thomas

dvjorge
    Participant

Thomas wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
    Jorge.

Hi mate,
    I believe that you and your body wants the same thing. Being healthy and free. Free means to being free from needs and addictions. There could be a split when the mind tells you it needs coffee, we feel that as a inspiration of lust. We attach different pictures, lifestyles, habits or identification to it. Now the challenge is to ask yourself why do you do what you do. Why do you feel bad when you give up with something? Why do you believe you need it.

I never smoked in my life and don’t miss it. I feel free and my body enjoys the space in my lungs to be able to take in fresh air. In fact all my organs and my body enjoys this freedom from toxins. But I know from friends who stopped smoking how terrible it was for them, life seamed to die for them. They felt they lost a important part of their life.

We are used to press a button and change our feelings. If we feel lonely we look TV, phone, eat or whatever. If we are stressed out we drink some alcohol etc, here we enjoy the feeling of control. Leaving that we feel lost in this world and fearful. If you dont believe that only try out the things you feel you have to do and dont do them for a while.

You will noticed how addicted we are not only to toxins but to behaviours and identifications. Even if you later are able to drink wine, eat chocolate, eat pizza again please do yourself a favour and take now the time and use it wisely to ask yourself why? Why do you want and need something your body doesn’t want. Your lust wants and need it but not your body. Eat healthy, sleep, exercise and fill your life with beauty, out of choice and freedom for yourself and the body.

yours
    thomas

Thomas,
    I can not live with this diet. I am not thinking to eat more food variety because addition, if not trying to get better nutrition, more energy, etc. It is demonstrate I need more to function. I have never feel good following an anticandida diet. Instead, I have felt normal like I was the two times I have been able to leave the diet. The problem is the ralapse. I lived all my life with a super energy eating a non healthy diet. Trust me, a super energy. I didn’t know what tired means until this attacked me. I know this energy never will come back until I add more food to my diet. I don’t think beans, legumes, diary, and fruits are unhealthy. I am not talking about junk food.
    Jorge.

dvjorge
    Participant

Javizy wrote: I think they’re perfectly reasonable aspirations. When you’re healed, it’s just a case of maintaining discipline and savouring the treats in moderation. I always had a very unbalanced diet and never skipped dessert, even after breakfast (biscuits for coffee, muffins, danishes etc) and lunch. Rather than truly appreciating the treats, they were more like a sugar fix, and since I ate them so regularly, I tended to economise and eat far from the best.

I like the idea of maybe once a week buying the most expensive croissant I can find and enjoying it with a nice coffee. No more bland biscuits, chocolate bars with a 10 year shelf life or artificially flavoured potato chips for me! I want to enjoy nutritious food with my health and enjoy some of the luxurious treats life has to offer when the occasion presents itself. Because a luxury is what they should be!

Anyway, it’s clear from both yours and Thomas’ posts that stress is seriously setting back your progress. I see so much negativity, and if that’s what you post on the forum, what’s going through your head all day? I don’t think a lot of people appreciate what stress actually is. It doesn’t mean working 60-hour weeks, being $80,000 in debt and on the verge of divorce. You can experience a stress response of varying degrees every time you think negatively, worry or regret, get irritated, feel fearful, feel awkward in social situations etc.

I recommend doing some research into “stress response” or “fight-or-flight”. It involves pretty much your whole body, and it’s very easy to fall into a vicious cycle where the physical impact of one stress response makes you more likely to elicit another one. After awhile, you may not even notice it happening. You’re always talking about immunity, so you should place great importance on your psychological state, since it can have a massive impact on your immune system.

So, how about a bit of optimism? If we all try hard, I’m sure we will get to enjoy our favourite foods again, probably more than we’ve ever enjoyed them before. But we won’t live for them, and we won’t live to avoid them; we’ll live for our health and our life, and the occasional culinary luxury it bestows us 🙂

Hi,
    Thanks for your answer. This post was only with the idea of knowing other people aspirations with the diet. Regarding to stress, I feel I am very stable right now. No stress at all. I am not hurried to get that point but only aspiring to reach it in the future.
    I have read from others who don’t care to be in the diet forever ( at least they say it in the forums ) As long as they feel normal, it is ok. I feel bad with this diet and know I never will return to normal until I eat more food variety.
    Jorge.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

dvjorge wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
    Jorge.

Hi mate,

yours
    thomas

Thomas,
    I can not live with this diet. I am not thinking to eat more food variety because addition, if not trying to get better nutrition, more energy, etc. It is demonstrate I need more to function. I have never feel good following an anticandida diet. Instead, I have felt normal like I was the two times I have been able to leave the diet. The problem is the ralapse. I lived all my life with a super energy eating a non healthy diet. Trust me, a super energy. I didn’t know what tired means until this attacked me. I know this energy never will come back until I add more food to my diet. I don’t think beans, legumes, diary, and fruits are unhealthy. I am not talking about junk food.
    Jorge.

Mate, I hope you didnt take my letter to you as a critique. Who am I to do so. No, I was talking from my life and what I learned in the context of what is feeling good and what is really good.
    I believe it is very important that you listen to your body and change things if you are unhappy with it. I did this and feel much much better now for the 3 day.
    I allowed myself after 2 month very strict diet in stage one to go onto stage 2 even I felt terrible. Eating wild rice, beans and I even had a banana with my oat meal didn’t give me any symptoms at all. What is strange that my symptoms are not going around and around like the did for 2 month but stopped all of them slowly after 3 days. Right now when I write this to you I am totally free and happy having not a single symptom in my body and that is a miracle for me.

I believe that you should experiment in a controlled manner and if you have a longing to try out the wild rice or some beans why not. Watch it and see.

I hope you understand my post now as a letter of brotherly love and not as a critique.

yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

dvjorge wrote: I can not live with this diet. I am not thinking to eat more food variety because addition, if not trying to get better nutrition, more energy, etc. It is demonstrate I need more to function. I have never feel good following an anticandida diet. Instead, I have felt normal like I was the two times I have been able to leave the diet. The problem is the ralapse. I lived all my life with a super energy eating a non healthy diet. Trust me, a super energy. I didn’t know what tired means until this attacked me. I know this energy never will come back until I add more food to my diet. I don’t think beans, legumes, diary, and fruits are unhealthy. I am not talking about junk food.

Jorge; I think all of us can really relate to how you feel with that last description. In your earlier post I thought you were simply craving the food of your past, longing for the days when you were building toward the Candida infestation instead of away from it. But this isn’t what you were saying at all; you need your strength back and, even though that part of the diet wasn’t a bother to me for long, I do remember how it felt to feel so weak and hungry literally all the time. But after I learned that I would have to eat more of these foods than I did with the old diet in order to keep my strength and keep from losing more weight, it slowly dissipated into finally feeling full and stronger and more satisfied more often, and when I was finally able to add dried beans to my diet, this made all the difference in the world for me, to my strength, stamina, and mood.

So what I’m saying is this; I see no reason at this point for you not to test either some lentils or garbanzo beans to see if you can handle them with a minimum of consequences. I sincerely hope that the time has come for you to make this step and that there are absolutely no reactions with which to deal. I found I felt better just knowing I could eat a food without consequences that I wasn’t able to eat before.

Much good luck to you, Jorge.
    Able

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

dvjorge… I completely understand what you’re saying and feel 100% the same. We share the same aspirations! Not the return to “old ways” but to enjoy a wide variety of extremely healthy yet interesting food… and the odd “treat”. A high quality croissant and a strong filter coffee once a month would be a little taste of heaven… and 1 glass of wine while enjoying a nice meal in a restaurant.

I think the key is to remain for enough time on stage 1 to gaurantee (as far as one can) that the yeast is gone. Then bit by bit carefully introduce new things. I’m also happy live with the odd reaction now & again to enjoy a wider variety and an enjoyable social life.

I look forward to working towards our mutual aim beside you!

Lucy x

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I too am looking forward to a time in the future where I can enjoy more foods but still live a healthy lifestyle.

I doubt I could go back to eating the things I used to all the time with all that I have learned and how it made me feel.

The things I miss the most are being able to go out with friends and family and not have it be a huge issue about what I can eat. My husband likes to take me out every once in a while and he really hasn’t be able to for about 4 months now. We both really miss it. Plus…there are some nights when a girl just doesn’t want to cook dinner.

I’ve lost track of the number of invites I’ve turned down because they were eating at a place where there were no options for me. At least with the stage 2 diet there will be more options…but I imagine I have some time before I am there.

This diet also makes it very hard to stay the night somewhere other than home. When we traveled for the holidays, I had to bring my food around with me because I didn’t want to starve with all the unhealth options available for Christmas.

Most of all, I am really looking forward to the day when I don’t have to worry/think so much about what I’m eating. A large part of my day revolves around what I eat and how much I eat. It would be nice to just eat again and use my time doing other productive things.

I’m ready to be completely healthy, have energy, and not require so much sleep at night. Some days I have a hard time keeping up with people twice my age.

It’s getting better…but I am still very much looking foward to the finish line. 🙂

Kirsty

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is this a just aspiration ??’ is closed to new replies.