Is there a Candida test one can take via mail?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Is there a Candida test one can take via mail?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  toni8 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #92821

    toni8
    Member
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

    I Just got back from my local clinic and asked them to do a Candida test but they basically said that such a thing doesn’t exist? does anybody know about this? is it really true? thanks for any answers or leads you may have! 🙂

    #92822

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I believe there is one called the candida immune complex test from genova diagnostics. There is also a stool test you can take called the stool effects test with genova. You can also get tested at an allergist to see if you are allergic to candida. Metametrix labs also has some tests as well as a few other places. You just need one I believe.

    -raster

    #92825

    toni8
    Member
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

    raster;31216 wrote: I believe there is one called the candida immune complex test from genova diagnostics. There is also a stool test you can take called the stool effects test with genova. You can also get tested at an allergist to see if you are allergic to candida. Metametrix labs also has some tests as well as a few other places. You just need one I believe.

    -raster

    Ah great thanks Raster!!! has anyone taken any of them? will any one recommend one over the other for better accuracy? cheers!!!

    #92909

    weehen
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

    Hi again Toni8,

    I have been told the exact same thing by allopathic doctors. Most of them will deny the existence of candida, or may even scoff at the mere mention of it. These are the very same doctors who are trained to dish out antibiotics like they are going out of fashion and may play a huge role in causing candida issues!

    If your doctors reaction was to scoff and act like it doesn’t exist, my suggestion is to seek a better doctor. I finally found what is called an “integrative” doctor after trying numerous traditional (allopathic) doctors. Integrative doctors tend to believe in holistic treatments such as dietary changes and supplements, yet still have allopathic medical training. When you find a doctor like this it is like talking a different language!

    I have found the support of a good doctor to be invaluable. He has supported my observations of my own health and that of my children, he genuinely listens and responds to what we describe, whereas the allopathic doctors didn’t seem to really listen or care – they just wanted to prescribe us something, anything, to suppress the symptoms and get us out of there ASAP!

    (Raster already gave you great advice on the tests, but I just wanted to let you know of my experience with doctors)

    WH

    #92912

    toni8
    Member
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

    weehen;31303 wrote: Hi again Toni8,

    I have been told the exact same thing by allopathic doctors. Most of them will deny the existence of candida, or may even scoff at the mere mention of it. These are the very same doctors who are trained to dish out antibiotics like they are going out of fashion and may play a huge role in causing candida issues!

    If your doctors reaction was to scoff and act like it doesn’t exist, my suggestion is to seek a better doctor. I finally found what is called an “integrative” doctor after trying numerous traditional (allopathic) doctors. Integrative doctors tend to believe in holistic treatments such as dietary changes and supplements, yet still have allopathic medical training. When you find a doctor like this it is like talking a different language!

    I have found the support of a good doctor to be invaluable. He has supported my observations of my own health and that of my children, he genuinely listens and responds to what we describe, whereas the allopathic doctors didn’t seem to really listen or care – they just wanted to prescribe us something, anything, to suppress the symptoms and get us out of there ASAP!

    (Raster already gave you great advice on the tests, but I just wanted to let you know of my experience with doctors)

    WH

    Hello and thank you for your advice 🙂 my doctor said there were no tests but was very responsive in listening to me, she was going to start will blood tests and then take it from there. Will do an update later on, cheers!!!

    #92914

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Unless the blood tests yeast or candida, you are wasting your time in my opinion. They will likely determine that everything is ok.

    -raster

    #92915

    toni8
    Member
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

    raster;31308 wrote: Unless the blood tests yeast or candida, you are wasting your time in my opinion. They will likely determine that everything is ok.

    -raster

    Yeah that has happened before, will likely ask them ad tell them that there are places which can do candida tests and see if they can do it through them, or else i have to shell out what little money I don’t have a get one done over the mail for myself through one of these companies 🙂 thanks for your input!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is there a Candida test one can take via mail?’ is closed to new replies.