Is safe order online kefir? Some help please.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is safe order online kefir? Some help please.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  eskimo_pup 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Healhy
    Topics: 87
    Replies: 45

I would like to order online kefir at ebay but I´m afraid that kefir will spoil during the trip. Can you give me some advices??? Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

-Ask for them to ship it with 1-day shipping.
    -It should not get bad if its shipped quickly because of winter weather.
    -Find a place that ships with an ice pack.
    -If you are still afraid, get a kefir starting kit and make it at home (the grains are better).

-raster

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

I got a starter kit from culturesforhealth.com and it was fine. It takes a week to get to you, then a week to activate the culture per their instructions that come with the starter kit. They also have YouTube videos of making kefir that are helpful.

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

Hi, I ordered my Kefir from Cultures for health. Call them. They will answer all your questions. 1-800-962-1959. After hydrating the grains with cow milk-I use coconut milk. It taste great. Every 2 weeks I use cows milk for 2 days. Then bavk to the coconut milk. Good luck. Miriam

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Healhy;29695 wrote: I would like to order online kefir at ebay but I´m afraid that kefir will spoil during the trip. Can you give me some advices??? Thanks

That may depend on where the store is located; especially since your location is England. If you don’t receive an answer soon, you may want to create a new thread titled, “Kefir Grains in England” and ask the same question. Perhaps someone located in England can help you.

Able

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

im in the uk.

Just received my grains from happy kombucha.

I went for them because they had immediate availability and being on the low end of the price scale was a bonus.

They were fast to respond to questions- yes the kefir is organic and no it won’t die at the post office depot but it will be very hungry so i should pick it up and feed it soon.

Not shipped with ice but did arrive first class in a padded envelope. It is fermenting now, it gave a satisfying hiss earlier when i opened the jar so i presume its fermenting well!

Alternatively their is a list of people in the uk willing to share their grains for a small donation or for postage, but i didn’t want to mess about organising it.

For me i was looking for organic at a reasonable price and i got it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is safe order online kefir? Some help please.’ is closed to new replies.