Is Quinoa okay to eat on the Candida Diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is Quinoa okay to eat on the Candida Diet?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  M 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

punky
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

thanks!

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

punky;40855 wrote:

thanks!

It’s not listed on Able’s strict diet that he devised. However, I have read many candida websites that list this one as allowable or borderline. If you really want it, you could always try it and see if you get any sort of reaction from it.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I eat it once or twice a week. I don’t get a reaction from it. Its a pretty safe grain

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I would recommend not eating it. It’s very difficult to digest and can cause allergic reactions in folks that have leaky gut. It’s not on the strict forum diet.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I eat quinoa about once a week, and haven’t had any reactions to it. Try it as a test item in very small amounts. It’s always possible you might react to it.

From a website: “Quinoa has a nutty flavor and is high in protein. This grain is also gluten-free and low in calories. However, you must cook quinoa, or you’ll have trouble digesting it. Undercooked quinoa is chewy and very difficult for your body to process.”

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

M;40877 wrote: I eat quinoa about once a week, and haven’t had any reactions to it. Try it as a test item in very small amounts. It’s always possible you might react to it.

From a website: “Quinoa has a nutty flavor and is high in protein. This grain is also gluten-free and low in calories. However, you must cook quinoa, or you’ll have trouble digesting it. Undercooked quinoa is chewy and very difficult for your body to process.”

If you have leaky gut issues, that doesn’t matter. I have soaked, sprouted, and cooked the shit out of it and still gotten reactions to it. Also, it will feed the candida.

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

alexalgebra;40909 wrote:

I eat quinoa about once a week, and haven’t had any reactions to it. Try it as a test item in very small amounts. It’s always possible you might react to it.

If you have leaky gut issues, that doesn’t matter. I have soaked, sprouted, and cooked the shit out of it and still gotten reactions to it. Also, it will feed the candida.

Have you tried quinoa flakes? Ive found these are alot easier for me to digest then just regular quinoa. As far as feeding the candida I dont think thats true. I have some every morning for breakfast and dont have any digestive issues from it. I actually get more reactions from buckwheat than quinoa flakes. I think this is something everyone will need to test to see how their body reacts.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I get more reactions to buckwheat and none to quinoa that I know of. I m gonna start taking out buckwheat starting tomorrow and see what heppens. I ll try that for a week

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

If you have a reaction to it then obviously don’t eat it. Some people do, and some people don’t. It’s the same for many other things. Some people doing the strict diet eat pumpkin but I don’t because I react to it. Too much starch/sugar. Quinoa is a seed and not a grain, so I can’t see how it would feed the candida more than say, buckwheat. In fact, more or less everything we eat can potentially feed the candida. Treat it as a test food item if you’re really keen to add it to your diet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is Quinoa okay to eat on the Candida Diet?’ is closed to new replies.