Is Popcorn Feeding My Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is Popcorn Feeding My Candida?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

I’ve been eating non GMO popcorn as a snack for a long time. I drench it in coconut oil and add sea salt. Is this a bad snack? Sometimes, I tend to crave it, like right now in a way.

I ate some the other night and it really hit the spot. I figured it was not enough carb to be an issue. I tolerate corn well, it does not seem to cause mucus in my stools. Grains don’t cause mucus but are not what I choose to eat, but popcorn is an exception.

I also like a slice of Ezekiel bread once in a while.

Sorry to ask so many questions. I hope someone can at least answer them briefly.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

It depends on how much sea salt you use, and it depends on your salt consumption with other foods and beverages. Most of us consume too much salt, so that might be an issue for you – depending on your other salt consumption.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t think it should be consumed at all on the diet because corn is a high starch food item like potatoes, carrots, rice, etc. Even though you put coconut oil on it, it likely brings more detriment vs. benefit. Additionally, the corn is very hard to digest. I don’t think corn is even safe stage 3.

Anything is ok occasionally though…

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Rabelais;57971 wrote: It depends on how much sea salt you use, and it depends on your salt consumption with other foods and beverages. Most of us consume too much salt, so that might be an issue for you – depending on your other salt consumption.

This is a typical classical medicine misconception. Salt raises the blood pressure and therefore it is dangerous for people who already have high blood pressure. So it is bad for everyone.
    Ofcourse this kind of thinking is absolute nonsense. Low salt intake can reduce stomach acid.

Rabelais
    Blocked

Statistics show that the majority of people has a high blood pressure. In that sense, reducing your salt intake is a good general advice.

In addition, salt stresses the kidneys, and some other organs too. So even if your blood pressure is normal, it’s a good idea to limit your salt intake.

Keep in mind that humans evolved in an environment where salt was quite scarce. So did our ancestors, so our bodies have adapted to very little salt intake. The amount of salt we tend to consume nowadays is absolutely unnatural.

TheChosenOne
    Participant

Rabelais;57997 wrote: Statistics show that the majority of people has a high blood pressure. In that sense, reducing your salt intake is a good general advice.

That’s exactly what I meant.

Rabelais;57997 wrote: In addition, salt stresses the kidneys, and some other organs too. So even if your blood pressure is normal, it’s a good idea to limit your salt intake.

Keep in mind that humans evolved in an environment where salt was quite scarce. So did our ancestors, so our bodies have adapted to very little salt intake. The amount of salt we tend to consume nowadays is absolutely unnatural.

Unless you have adrenal problems like most people here. People with adrenal dysfunction have the inability to hold onto sodium.

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

Rabelais;57997 wrote:
    Statistics show that the majority of people has a high blood pressure. In that sense, reducing your salt intake is a good general advice.

In addition, salt stresses the kidneys, and some other organs too. So even if your blood pressure is normal, it’s a good idea to limit your salt intake.

I’ve always had low normal BP. I use a LOT of high quality sea salts. I’ve heard of many people recommending taking Real salt and pink Himalayan salt for minerals and as a therapy in itself.

I’ve eaten a 100% whole foods diet for 32 years, and if I didn’t add salt, it’s doubtful I’d get enough salt. as with everything, opinions vary on this, but I like my salt. With whole foods diet of proteins and veggies, it would be terribly boring if I couldn’t add sea salt.

They recommend 1/4 tsp sea salt after a coffee enema to replace electrolytes.

joe
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 18

I stay away from popcorn even if it’s organic, seems to cause inflammation, plus it’s like eating foam. I have tortillas once in a awhile and aside from a runny nose the next morning it’s ok.
    But I really should cut it out completely.

Rabelais
    Blocked

TheChosenOne;57998 wrote:

That’s exactly what I meant.
    Oh, I thought you intended saying the exact opposite, because your previous sentence was “This is a typical classical medicine misconception”.

So it looks like we agree on this point.

Rabelais;57997 wrote: In addition, salt stresses the kidneys, and some other organs too. So even if your blood pressure is normal, it’s a good idea to limit your salt intake.

Unless you have adrenal problems like most people here. People with adrenal dysfunction have the inability to hold onto sodium.I would not increase my sodium (salt) intake unless I had a confirmed inability to hold onto sodium. I would definitely have my sodium levels tested before increasing my salt intake!

TheChosenOne
    Participant

Rabelais;58129 wrote: I would not increase my sodium (salt) intake unless I had a confirmed inability to hold onto sodium. I would definitely have my sodium levels tested before increasing my salt intake!

Yes. But most people here don’t want to test everything (because they don’t want to/have no money for it). In this case you can rely on signs and symptoms. If you blood pressure is not too high and you feel better with extra salt, you should continue to do so.

Rabelais
    Blocked

High blood pressure is just one of the negative effects of a high salt intake. There are many more.

If you happen not to have high blood pressure, that does not mean that the other effects of salt intake are also absent.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is Popcorn Feeding My Candida?’ is closed to new replies.