Is plain Yogurt okay?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is plain Yogurt okay?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Queen Arya
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Plain Yogurt is cultured but it does have some sugars in it, I think 16 grams per cup, Kefir has sugar in it too I think, no? so is that a no no? and is Quinoa okay, I ‘ve been eating it almost everyday. As for bread, I made up something this morning from buckwheat flour+salt+water+ Olive oil, is it okay?

By adding the above carbs in my diet, I have more energy and I’m not feeling dead anymore, so are they okay?

Thank you

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We recommend greek yogurt on the diet because it contains something like 8-11g of sugar per serving whereas regular yogurt contains something like 18-25g of sugar per serving, or more.

Quinoa shouldn’t be consumed regularly on the diet until stage 3; it can be quite problematic for people on the diet due to the fact its hard to digest, its high in the glycemic index, and contains high levels of starch. You need to avoid foods fermenting in the gut as much as possible. A good alternative is buckwheat, which is low on the glycemic index, contains lower levels of starch, and is a prebiotic that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut.

-raster

Queen Arya
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

I like Greek Yogurt no problem! and I’ll switch to Buckwheat, thank you so much. I was wondering if sour cream is okay? I think it has about 1 gram of sugar per 2tbs.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Queen Arya;44978 wrote: I was wondering if sour cream is okay? I think it has about 1 gram of sugar per 2tbs.

If you can find or make a dairy-free sour cream it ‘may’ be alright; but it’ll depend on the other ingredients.

Do you want the link to the forum’s strict diet (not the website’s diet) that most of the members are following? Then you wouldn’t have to ask about foods because the diet contains only Candida-safe foods.

Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Is plain Yogurt okay?’ is closed to new replies.