Is my protein shake suitable? If not, what is?!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is my protein shake suitable? If not, what is?!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TKK 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lewisw
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hello,

I usually find the answers on previous forums, but I cannot find this anywhere!

I’m 18 years old who works out 4 or 5 times a week and struggle to get enough calories now I’m on this diet.

I’m currently using this ‘vegan blend’ protein shake which has the following ingredients:
    Pea Protein Isolate, Brown Rice Protein, Quinoa Flour, Fat-Reduced Cocoa Powder (Chocolate Peanut), Flavouring, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Natural Colouring (Beetroot Red – Strawberry), Thickener (Xanthan Gum), Natural Sweetener (Stevia), Citric Acid, DigeZyme® Enzyme Complex (Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase).

It doesn’t have any sugar due to the use of stevia. I’ve got the chocolate peanut one as I’m allergic to dairy and tree nuts from leaky gut, but can tolerate peanuts as they don’t come from trees!

If this isn’t suitable, can someone let me know a good dairy free, nut free, high protein drink or bar that I can have at 7am every morning (it’s not right eating meat at this time of day!) 🙂

Please let me know as I really need help!

Thanks!

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Looks OK to me 🙂

It would be good to mix things up a bit rather than eating the same breakfast every day. Also – you don’t know what ‘Flavouring’ means, and a lot of those ingredients probably come from China.

Are you actually vegan? Eggs are one of the best sources of nutrition, with high levels of protein.

TKK
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I was under the impression peanuts are not allowed. Legumes are on the “No” list, and I believe I read peanuts contain more mold than nuts that are allowed, like almonds. Please correct me if I’m wrong – I miss peanuts a lot!

I have been adding almond butter to my spinach and kale smoothie. I also add chia seeds for more protein. I mix it with coconut milk and whatever other veggies I feel like throwing in.

I’ve also seen a lot of discussion about whether chocolate is okay or not – some say the caffeine contained in even raw cocoa powder can feed the candida, but I’ve still been eating a little of it in almond butter balls.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Is my protein shake suitable? If not, what is?!’ is closed to new replies.