Is my gluten free bread okay to eat during the strict diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is my gluten free bread okay to eat during the strict diet?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Naturegirl27 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

I eat this millet flax bread that is gluten free. The ingredients include organic millet flour, brown rice flour, water, aluminum free baking powder, sea salt, orgnaic grounded flax seed, cultured brown rice flour, and ascorbic acid.

Is this bread okay to eat in small quantities during stage 2?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Naturegirl27 wrote: I eat this millet flax bread that is gluten free. The ingredients include organic millet flour, brown rice flour, water, aluminum free baking powder, sea salt, orgnaic grounded flax seed, cultured brown rice flour, and ascorbic acid. Is this bread okay to eat in small quantities during stage 2?

It shouldn’t be a problem in stage 2.

Are you on stage 2?

Naturegirl27

No, not yet. Just wondering. When can I start it in stage 2 and how many carbs can I eat a day?

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

hmm.. I thought brown rice flour wasn’t allowed even in stage 2 unless it was rice bran flour? I must have misread.

Naturegirl27

No, brown rice is fine.

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

“Brown rice bran (flour) is allowed on the diet but not brown rice flour. Check the allowed foods list for alternatives. One alternative is to make buckwheat flour noodles instead.

-raster”
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2289_Day-13-Now-what-to-eat.aspx

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Just to confirm – Brown Rice is NOT on the forums allowed food list.

If you are deperate for something like that then try wild rice, as this isn’t a rice as such. But only in a small amount as a test food at first. Or else stick to buckwheat which can be boiled and eaten like rice.

Re Gluten Free Bread – I’m afraid there really isn’t an option you can buy off the shelf that is “safe”. All with have a mix of flours that will feed candida, or yeast or some form of sugar… or all 3! You’ll have to bite the bullet and make your own bread – there are lots of recipes on the recipe boards including coconut bread, buckwheat bread and mixed “allowed flour” breads. I make one with mostly oatbran so get a good dose of prebiotic that way too.

It’s best to steer clear of the “free from” aisle of your supermarket for quite a while… you’ll only get frustrated checking all the items and realising that 99.9% of the items have all sorts of hidden nasties in them. The only thing I’ve found off the shelf is buckwheat crispbread by AMISA. You’re better off just accepting now that you’ll be cooking everything from scratch and stick to the allowed list rigidly.

Naturegirl27

See, now I am slightly confused. It must be because I am going with the website and asking questions on the forum. It clearly says on this page http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoeat.htm that wild and brown rice is allowed. So, my question is, how many carbs can I eat total a day? I’ll prob try out some recipes too… I just want to make sure that the candida doesn’t grow back… but I also want to be clear. Why would the website list this as a food that is okay to eat if it is not?

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Ok, now I see why you’re confused! Here on the forum most of us are following this list:-

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx (page 1 has the full list)

It’s far stricter than the website list ans therefore far more likely to work! It’s been compiled by people here on the forum (mainly Able & Raster) who have both been through Candida. They don’t include anything that could potentially feed candida or create an envrionment that would be beneficial to candida growth. Also anything that is inflamatory, creates mucos or ammonia or affects the immune system… so as you can imagine this list will give you the highest chance of a recovery in the shortest possible time (when I say shortest, this could be anything up to 9 months… but on other diets it could take years of going round in circles).

It is frustrating that the forum diet contradicts the website diet and most people therefore make lots of mistakes before they come to this realisastion – I did that myself! But thanks to several extremely dedicated “experts” on the forum and least we now have the information and resources to hand.

Take a look at the list and also the protocol.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I guess you should ask yourself “how long do I want to be on this diet,” because I am sure for most of us, you don’t want to be on it for eternity!

Thats why we came up with the allowed foods list, because any of the potential foods mentioned on the main website can set you back. It can set you back a ton!

One of the problems I’ve noticed with rice is that I cannot digest it completely. This leaves rice sitting in the gut for a few days, not getting digested, allowing candida to grow (because it thrives on foods that sit in the gut a long time). That is not beneficial to healing leaky gut as well.

-raster

Naturegirl27

Alright, I will try the coconut bread instead when I get to that point. Thank You

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is my gluten free bread okay to eat during the strict diet?’ is closed to new replies.