Is my Diet way too Low in Carbs ? Is my Dizziness related to it ?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is my Diet way too Low in Carbs ? Is my Dizziness related to it ?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

I have been on a Diet very close to one prescribed here. The only difference is that I do take Fish or Chicken everyday. I have been doing it for almost 2 months. I tried a few times to introduce the Coconut Milk, Coconut Flour & Buckwheat but the stomach could not take it.I am making Kefir but can only take a sip of it & cannot digest Yogurt either. I do take 5 types of veggies with every meal a part from the breakfast where I get 3 types. which usually are Onions, green peppers & Broccoli. Lunch & Dinner I get Broccoli,Kale, Cabbage, Chicory, Brussel Sprouts & Green Chili. I do also take it ACV, Coconut Vinegar, Lime & different Herbs.

So I am very much taking the meat, eggs & the Veggies, Herbs & am following the Vitamin Protocol(Well almost).

For last 5 days I feel very dizzy & get Headaches from the time I wake up till I go to bed.

My question is my diet too low in Carbs & thats why I am getting low blood sugar (Never had I Diabetic issues ever).

I don’t think that it is a die-off because I got dizzy before taking anything at all including food .

If this is the case then what should I add to get a bit more carbs ? I personally think that my diet is fine but my wife thinks otherwise.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would eat either more carbs or foods that contain natural sugars (such as a small amount of fruit). Also if you are dehydrated then this can cause problems as well.

-raster

Beat Candida
    Participant

Thanks.
    I don’t think that I am dehydrated as I do consume 5 to 6 litres of water every day.
    Which fruit should be the best choice . I am aware that it will be considered as a cheat but l don’t want to have a fall either.

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

What about trying higher-carb vegetables before going to fruit? Rutabegas seem like a great option to try (I like them shredded and pan-fried into a hash-brown with onion and an egg beaten into them at the end, after they’ve caramelized. I also like them oven roasted in thin chips with olive oil and sea salt.)

What about teff? That’s a flour that some people can tolerate on this diet. Have you tried whole buckwheat berries? Oat bran as a breakfast porridge?

As far as fruit goes, I think the first (and perhaps only?) that we are encouraged to try to add in, after we are symptom free, are green apples, as they’re pretty low in sugar. If you have a source of fresh berries (to avoid the mold on grocery store berries) that would also be low-sugar. Raster has mentioned apricots before as well.

I have often wondered if there are perils to an ultra-low carb anti-candida diet. I thought I once read that starving the candida too thoroughly will push them into the hyphal/fungal state by forcing them to go through the intestinal wall to the bloodstream for glucose. Could a very low carb diet worsen the infestation if continued for too long?

SueSullivan
    Replies: 108

I pulled a list of foods that my naturopath gave me a couple years back, a diet intended to balance blood sugars. If you are feeling like you need more carbs, the higher carb veggies on this list (7-9 percent carbs) include artichokes, avocado, brussels sprouts, leeks, onion, and winter squashes (the squashes are probably too sugary for the candida diet, but I think the others are acceptable.)

Beat Candida
    Participant

Thanks for the replies , Sue.
    Able does not recommend Teff.
    I cannot take Oat Bran.
    Tried Rutabaga once last month and had terrible stomach issues. Will try it again.
    I will take some of the veggies you mentioned and will cheat with half of a Green Apple.
    I doubt that I am currently taking more then 15 to 20 grams of carbs per day,through the veggies and Acv, which is not healthy.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

While teff isn’t on able’s diet (because he didn’t have it on his treatment) it is a safe gluten-free grain that doesn’t contain sugar and is a prebiotic that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut.

You shouldn’t be afraid of carbs on the diet because you need them to survive and be healthy. You need to worry more about starch, molds, sugar, glycemic index, etc.

The diet shouldn’t be so strict to the point where it may cause detriment (nutritionally). If you don’t get proper nutrition, your body won’t have the fuel it needs to heal and recover.

-raster

Beat Candida
    Participant

Thanks Raster.

Are Soba Noodles allowed on Diet as they are made from Buckwheat ?

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Beat Candida;48208 wrote: Thanks Raster.

Are Soba Noodles allowed on Diet as they are made from Buckwheat ?

Buckwheat is allowed, just as coconut flour.

shayfo
    Replies: 668

Be sure that you buy soba noodles made of buckwheat flour only. Most brands also contain wheat flour.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is my Diet way too Low in Carbs ? Is my Dizziness related to it ?’ is closed to new replies.