Is kombucha's cane sugar okay?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is kombucha's cane sugar okay?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nicolita 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Belganson
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

I have a local company making organic kombucha, but it has Cane sugar. She explained that it’s for the processing and cultures and by the time it’s done with the fermentation process, there’s only 1-2 grams of sugar remaining. So do the benefits of the tea outweigh the leftover cane sugar?

Thanks

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

if this is what your talking about..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36571884/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/trendy-fizzy-drink-mushrooming/#.UF7gjVH4L_Y

this sounds scary. doesnt look right to me..

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

I make my own kombuca, and I brew it quite long.

A while ago Able said that kombucha should be OK, although he had never consumed it.

As I said, I make mine. That way I can control the sugar. You do not have to buy it. Just get a mushroom, and brew your own.

I have not had problems from it.

Belganson
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

I never heard of any mushroom being involved. Although I was thinking of making my own jt must havent learned enough about cultures yet. Its not from the store but rather a local small company that makes and jars it.

The ingredients in the one I purchased are:
    Organic raw kombucha tea (filtered water, organic evaporated cane sugar, proprietary blend of fair trade, organic black and green teas, live Georgia grown kombucha cultures).

That you for your input.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Mushroom is another name for the culture. It looks a bit like a mushroom.

Sugar will feed your candida. It all comes down to how much sugar is in the finished drink.
    I wouldn’t drink it. They may load it full of sugar (and probably do to make it taste nice). If you make your own, however, you can make sure that the finshed product is very low sugar.

Kombucha with very low sugar will taste almost like vinegar. If it tastes “sweet”, or not much like vinegar, it will feed your candida.

nicolita
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

i’ve been wondering about this myself, as i work for a kombucha start-up. it says that kombucha is ok to drink on the strict diet on the website, but that doesn’t seem right to me.

the culture that is used to ferment the tea is not a mushroom, though that is a common misconception. it’s a culture simliar to a vinegar mother culture, a living organism called a SCOBY – symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast.

I had some the past couple of mornings and it just doesn’t feel right to me at the moment, so I’m going to skip it for now, which is sad because our kombucha is the best!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is kombucha's cane sugar okay?’ is closed to new replies.