Is kefir enough?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is kefir enough?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  believing 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

believing
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I keep reading that limited meat should be eaten on the diet. Why is it on the list of foods to eat? Am I missing something? Where is the diet to follow?

Also is taking 3-4 cups of homemade kefir per day enough to cover my probiotic needs or should I purchase a probiotic supplement?

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Most of us on the forum are following a stricter diet then on the website. You can read about it here http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

contact able900 to learn more.

No, Kefir is not enough. I would also take a really good probiotic.

believing

Thanks .. maybe able900 will see this thread and respond. I have about 1/3 a bottle left of vsl#3. Im not sure if that is good for candida but I will do some more research on a good probiotic.

Is it necessary to ripen kefir after it has been fermented for 24 hours? It taste so much better before it is ripened. After ripening, it is more liquidy mixed with curd pieces.

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

believing;38955 wrote:

Is it necessary to ripen kefir after it has been fermented for 24 hours? It taste so much better before it is ripened. After ripening, it is more liquidy mixed with curd pieces.

The same happens to my kefir! When you say ripening, you mean leaving out for additional time? I’m curious with the same question.

believing

Yes. After fermenting it for 24 hours and then straining it and letting the strained kefir milk sit for 12-24 hours. Ive let it sit for a couple days a few times also.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

I would also like an answer to this question. My gets lumpy like that as well after 24 hours of fermenting. I also have wondered if it is better to let go the extra day of fermentation, but I’m guessing it is.

believing

I feel I may have to start everything over for able900 protocol because although I did the detox, I was eating beef and chicken 3 times a day for about 2 weeks because of following the forum diet. The forum cleansing was pretty hard to. Waiting to hear what able900 advice is on that. In addition to my question above, I have a few other questions mainly just clearifications.

The way I understand it, I can use coconut oil and garlic at the same time as my only antifungal and not need to change to a different antifungal ever?

What is the typical time frame for needing to use antifungal? I know until dieoff has subsided but how long is that normally?

Is there a main source to keep blood sugar level up?

Sorry if these questions has been asked. I will keep researching the forum

believing

Can some1 at least answer the question I asked about kefir? I found the answer to my other questions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is kefir enough?’ is closed to new replies.