Is it Working?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is it Working?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jo2212 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

NowOrNever
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 14

Hi Everyone,

I have been on the restricted diet for 3 months now, plus all the supplements etc.

I have found that generally I feel better, but still have digestive problems (read: constipation). I have seen candida in my stools, so I take this as a sign of die-off (although the symptoms are not too bad, except for feeling a bit spacey, sensitive skin and the constipation).

My question is, how do I know when the majority of the candida has been killed? Am I supposed to have this renewed burst of energy/vigour, the lifting of this fog etc etc? I know that my 12 weeks is about middle ground for most people for die-off (8-16 weeks) so am using that as a guide.

All I find right now is that because of the diet, I always feel lethargic, as the calorie intake I have is always struggling to hit 2,000 a day, and because of this I have also lost weight.

Feeling positive, but need a bit of steer from here on in. I am about to start the 4th 2week anti-fungal dosage, after which I was planning to go full on with Candigest Plus, which I have heard is very good. But then what? What signs should I look for to show me that the majority of the candida is under control and that I can start reintroducing foods such as fruit, starchy vegetables etc

Cheers

NoN

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You’ll basically start to feel the symptoms lift when you get better. Eventually you can start to eat stage 2 foods when you basically are symptom free and won’t experience any setbacks after trying these foods. Plan on a 6-18 month recovery period.

Are you following our forum diet? What supplements are you taking?

A naturopathic doctor can likely heal you faster than just following the protocol by itself; you’ll need to heal multiple organs all at once. This can be very expensive and costly as well.

The energy issues should improve gradually; it took me about 12 months to feel like myself again.

-raster

NowOrNever

Thanks Raster.

I am following the forum diet (combined with info from Yest Infection No More by Linda Allen), although i must admit i am being a little bit lazy currently with eating some beans. Probably what is slowing my digestion down and making me feel bloated, so Ill limit them again. I just find that without eating more eggs/nuts/fish/chicken/beans and NG grains, I simply cant get enough energy – i already have a high metabolism and have gone from 155 to 135 pounds in 3 months – I dont want to lose any more! 😉 Also in the middle of moving countries right now (ie travelling for a month) so preparing large healthy salads is a bit difficult, if not impossible. In other words, my salad/vege intake is still high but less than what it should be and is being complimented by more “difficult to digest foods) like the ones listed above.

Supplements I am taking are vits B/C/E, thymulus, colostrum, EFA, molybdenum, milk thistle, saw palmetto, candizyme, probiotics, borage oil, zinc, L-glutamine. Many of these are from the YINM book.

Cheers
    NoN

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Hi NowOr Never. What are you eating while travelling, aside from beans?

I literally just wrote a post on my blog about travel tips as it’s something I find particularly challenging (although not something I’m willing to give up), I’m always looking for other peoples ideas on how to over come the challenge of eating whilst travelling/on the go!

Jo

NowOrNever

Hi Jo,

Checking out your blog now!

This is the first time i have travelled since i started the diet and man, its tough. The main tips I have so far are:

1) I carry a light plastic chopping board, small tupperware container, small paring knife in my luggage (not carry on, theyll take the knife). It allows me to buy veges etc on the go if required. I also have a salt/pepper mix i bought at a supermarket to season raw veges if I wish

2) I just bought a “bobble”, which allows me to filter water in a 600ml bottle, rather than having to buy a new water everytime or drag around a larger filter

3) I have some clear sealabale bags with senna tea (to try to ward off constipation), plus some chamomile, peppermint and stevia single use packets.

Thats all i got for now!

Just finished reading ur blog and saw that you have the above covered, and then a lot more! Ill learn a lot!

NoN

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

I’m so glad you found it useful, I’ve been travelling whilst following a candida diet a fair few times now and it’s certainly not easy!!

Our ideas are pretty similar 🙂 although i completely forgot about salt, great idea as my most recent trip it took me 2 weeks to find mineral salt without stabilizers and tea (I’m English so theres always some in my purse). I hope you don’t mind I added them to my list too.

Good luck and enjoy your travels, I’ll let you know if I find any other useful tips.

Jo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is it Working?’ is closed to new replies.