Is it recommended to eat soups or drink teas?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is it recommended to eat soups or drink teas?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tmi 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

SugarIsBad
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 28

I’ve read on the Internet that it’s a common mistake of a Candida diet to not to eat soups.

What do you think? I don’t want to eat soups, but if it actually *is* a mistake, then I might start doing it. I’ll just avoid them if it’s not a big deal to not to eat them.

And is it recommended to drink teas? The best choice is the nettle leaf tea. But is it really recommended? I’m a bit afraid of using it though I’ve heard it helps out quite a lot. I don’t want it to make at least a bit of bad influence to my health. Could it possibly do something bad? Or are there only good things that the nettle leaf tea makes?

Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yes you should consume soups on the diet and its an easy way to prepare food. For instance, you could make a month’s worth the soups and freeze them…then when you want some you just thaw it!

Soups aid your digestion because its easy to digest and its packed with nutrition.

Smoothies are another option that will help reduce the load on your digestive system.

As far as teas, nettle leaf tea works pretty good. Keep in mind that almost all herbs are antifungal so it could cause some minor die-off. I personally drink chamomile tea because it gives you energy if you steep it long enough and it promotes digestion via the antifungals within it. I also drink a leaky gut tea to reduce inflammation called throat coat tea.

-raster

SugarIsBad

But what would those smoothies be made of?
    They’re mostly made out of fruits. But we can’t consume fruits as it would feed the yeasts.

SugarIsBad

I’d like to avoid soups as they wouldn’t be convenient to make.

I hope the chance of curing myself is nearly the same without them.

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

SugarIsBad;49844 wrote: But what would those smoothies be made of?
    They’re mostly made out of fruits. But we can’t consume fruits as it would feed the yeasts.

I’ve cut my eating down to 1 meal a day and 3 or 4 vegetable smoothies throughout the day.

My smoothies consist of kale, spinach, flax seeds, cucumber, avocado, water kefir and for a fruit I pick a berry like blueberry or strawberries cause they are generally one of the lower sugar content fruits. Don’t go crazy with the amounts though.

Generally speaking it’s not going to be as great tasting as a all fruit smoothie cause the sugar content is a lot less but it’s filling and super nourishing.

I like it personally cause it gives my digestive system a break.

Then at supper time I try to get my proteins into me.

You can add other veggies as well. That’s just what I like.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Smitty99;49855 wrote:

I’ve cut my eating down to 1 meal a day and 3 or 4 vegetable smoothies throughout the day.

My smoothies consist of kale, spinach, flax seeds, cucumber, avocado, water kefir and for a fruit I pick a berry like blueberry or strawberries cause they are generally one of the lower sugar content fruits. Don’t go crazy with the amounts though.

Generally speaking it’s not going to be as great tasting as a all fruit smoothie cause the sugar content is a lot less but it’s filling and super nourishing.

You might consider using carrots to sweeten to taste rather than berries: yes, kale isn’t that pleasant yet, with a juicer a good leafy greens with carrots to sweeten is very nutrient dense and WILL LAST IN THE FRIDGE FOR UP TO 4 DAYS. Makes it easy.

Some say tomatoe and some say TOMATO, …. smoothie or juicing……or going the route of a product like “the bullet” which is WAY OVER PRICED and all the “cups” are plastic. Blame Wolfe and their TV advertising for that. I picked up the original bullet years and years ago at WALGREEN’s AS SEEN ON TV section for under $30.00. Unfortunately, the motor eventually died out due to moisture as they hadn’t sealed the bullet properly at that point but, the concept was the same.

You can buy a VERY HIGH QUALITY juicer at any of the club stores for well under a $100 USD. They are a hassle to clean but, are built much better than the bullet and, you can always toss the fiber out of the juicer into a blender along with the juice if you so desire. Or, just add a water soluble fiber which contains minimal carbs.

And, NEVER ever FORGET about BONE BROTH SOUP….simply the most nutritious healing soup: period.

Lastly, don’t be afraid to toss some hemp protein into your smoothies, rather than force all protein during the day: Lysine is very helpful in aiding the utilization of protein by the body aiding it’s ability to extract the most benefit from whatever protein source. My doc gave me a target of 75gs of protein a day but, I’m finding that almost impossible at this stage in my treatment without hemp protein and another product called Goatein: goats GI’s are the MOST similar to a humans than all other dairy animals, including Cows.

Only warning about buying prepared soups: the new box packaging or the fresh soup bars at stores like WHOLE FOODS and the like are superior to canned soup due to the tinplate/metals.

Great idea, Raster —- cook and freeze — how long do you suspect they can be kept in the freezer before being discarded or used? I live alone and so, my freeze is stuffed with used water bottles filled with tap water to keep my energy costs down. LOL…….

Blessings……and positive vibrations!

Okay, GROUP HUG!

Flailing

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Most stuff can last in the freezer for 2-3 months or even longer. Certain things like meat or seafood can get freezer burn, etc. after this time period.

My wife prepares all of her dinners for the month one day per year and freezes them and she is pretty hardcore about it. She’s on the diet as well.

-raster

SugarIsBad

flailingWcandi;49863 wrote:

You might consider using carrots to sweeten to taste rather than berries: yes, kale isn’t that pleasant yet, with a juicer a good leafy greens with carrots to sweeten is very nutrient dense and WILL LAST IN THE FRIDGE FOR UP TO 4 DAYS. Makes it easy.

Some say tomatoe and some say TOMATO, …. smoothie or juicing……or going the route of a product like “the bullet” which is WAY OVER PRICED and all the “cups” are plastic. Blame Wolfe and their TV advertising for that. I picked up the original bullet years and years ago at WALGREEN’s AS SEEN ON TV section for under $30.00. Unfortunately, the motor eventually died out due to moisture as they hadn’t sealed the bullet properly at that point but, the concept was the same.

You can buy a VERY HIGH QUALITY juicer at any of the club stores for well under a $100 USD. They are a hassle to clean but, are built much better than the bullet and, you can always toss the fiber out of the juicer into a blender along with the juice if you so desire. Or, just add a water soluble fiber which contains minimal carbs.

And, NEVER ever FORGET about BONE BROTH SOUP….simply the most nutritious healing soup: period.

Lastly, don’t be afraid to toss some hemp protein into your smoothies, rather than force all protein during the day: Lysine is very helpful in aiding the utilization of protein by the body aiding it’s ability to extract the most benefit from whatever protein source. My doc gave me a target of 75gs of protein a day but, I’m finding that almost impossible at this stage in my treatment without hemp protein and another product called Goatein: goats GI’s are the MOST similar to a humans than all other dairy animals, including Cows.

Only warning about buying prepared soups: the new box packaging or the fresh soup bars at stores like WHOLE FOODS and the like are superior to canned soup due to the tinplate/metals.

Great idea, Raster —- cook and freeze — how long do you suspect they can be kept in the freezer before being discarded or used? I live alone and so, my freeze is stuffed with used water bottles filled with tap water to keep my energy costs down. LOL…….

Blessings……and positive vibrations!

Okay, GROUP HUG!

Flailing

Carrots? But they can’t be used in a Candida diet as far as I know.

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

SugarIsBad;49845 wrote: I’d like to avoid soups as they wouldn’t be convenient to make.

I hope the chance of curing myself is nearly the same without them.

You’d be surprised! I’ve just finished the 7 day detox and the soups got me through it. Super simple to make too. The quickest one I made was a broccoli soup. I steamed the broccoli, sauteed some onions and garlic, put in the blender and added some water to get the right consistency and blended it. Added some salt, pepper and herbs.. It was pretty good. So simple!

Here are some simple ones you could try:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/zucchini-soup/

http://www.elanaspantry.com/broccoli-soup/

http://www.candida-cure-recipes.com/homemade-vegetable-soup-recipes.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is it recommended to eat soups or drink teas?’ is closed to new replies.