Is it possible to repair the gut when

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is it possible to repair the gut when

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

Is it possible to heal the gut when taking naproxen 500mg once a day. I take it for extreme body pain, that at the moment has no confirmed diagnosis. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis although my blood test results show it is not the culprit. I suspect it is a recently diagnosed hypothyroid issue. I have tried so many anti inflammatories such as ginger, curcumin, msm, bromelain, boswellia aka frankincense, now I am on astaxanthin 10mg a day and it just doesn’t help as much as naproxen.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Is it possible to heal the gut when taking naproxen 500mg once a day?

I think that amounts to about 2 1/2 commercial size Aleve tablets a day, correct?
    This an excellent supplement for decreasing inflammation which is the good part; however, it also modifies the immune system in order to perform the process of reducing the inflammation, and if enough is taken to reduce the effectiveness of the immune system, then anything is possible as far as a yeast infection is concerned, or a Candida infestation as well. This of course is because both yeast and Candida take advantage of any glitch in your body’s immune function. As far as I can tell, this would be the only possible problem.

Has ibuprofen been able to help you at all?

Able

blakek89

No ibuprofen, aleve in the regular dosage, and robax platinum all don’t reduce inflammation enough. They also bind me up. I really don’t know what to do anyone more I helped my brother and his wife move on the weekend and I didn’t move anything that heavy. 2 days later I can barely move without being in excruciating pain, I haven’t had a naproxen in a month so I am taking one as I have a midterm today and need to focus on school.

blakek89

And yes that is the dosage difference

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Is your gut in good shape? There’s a lot written about the link between arthritis and diet, and another member on this forum mentioned recovering from her arthritic symptoms during her treatment. The inflammation has to have a source, so the idea that diet or GI problems are behind it makes more sense than the mainstream non-explanation. It also makes treatment with things like ibuprofen horribly ironic since they further destroy the gut.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Ibuprofen and Naproxen are the worst thing you can take if you want to repair the gut. They are listed as a number 1 cause of leaky gut syndrome.
    Jorge.

blakek89

I had RA when I was a child and went into remission at 18 at the same time when I just stopped taking my medication, what a coincidence that was. I was really sick of taking 20 pills a day for half my life. So from 18-20 I had no pain it was great at 21 in 2010 summer it came back. I went to physio helped a bit, went to my GP and said I didn’t want to take meds so he gave me stretching handouts and said do more physio and heat. At the same time I discussed the candida diet and under his supervision was back on it the pain mostly subsided until april 2011 the pain came back and i waited until june to visit him. I had some blood work come back showing inflammation was crazy high. A physical in February showed a C Reactive Protein at .2 in June it was 29, my Rheumatoid Factor test was in the normal range even under all that inflammation. So I went on naproxen but I still preferred to go natural so he suggested to take the ginger and curcumin at the same time he order full body X-ray negative and then he ordered a bone scan no inflammation. So it kind of became a mystery we concluded at the time that it was the yeast and after my bone scan and 2 months of naproxen my CRP levels were at 7 still high but nowhere near as high. And I just had a physical last week my CRP is back up at 13 without the naproxen I guess and just diagnosed with hypothyroidism, which after reading many people’s stories about their body pain I am convinced this is exactly what it is, so in 7 weeks I will get treated once I get blood work to confirm my TSH was at 7. 1.5 years ago it was at 4.5 which is considered Hypo

blakek89

The medical term for the arthritis I have is called psoriatic polyticular rheumatoid arthritis

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Gentlemen, the lady/gentleman has Rheumatoid Arthritis in addition to ‘extreme body pain’ from some undiagnosed source; it’s obviously necessary for her/him to take some type of pain killer. Other than stating what the “bad stuff” is going to do, does anyone have an alternative for this member? Sure the diet will help with inflammation – in time – meanwhile he/she needs to know what’s going to help the pain. If there are several ‘evils’ … would it not make sense to use the lesser of the evils? A better suggestion for reducing pain is needed, that’s what I imagine he/she wants at this point. Suggestions?

Able

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to repair the gut when’ is closed to new replies.