Is It Common To Have Night Sweats & Heart Palpitations

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is It Common To Have Night Sweats & Heart Palpitations

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dorothy 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Invisiwill
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

I’ve been following a very strict diet based on this website for the past couple weeks. Staying as far away from sugar and identified trouble foods. However, past 3 nights I started having night sweats. Basically every two hours or so during sleep I’ll wake up sweating and sometimes have heart palpitations. Last night I woke up and had to take a deep breath because breathing felt heavier than normal. I still have muscle twitching and slight muscle spasms. Sometimes I feel nauseated and get a headache. I’ve been working out about 30 minutes a day with strong aerobic exercise. That seems to alleviate symptoms for a while. Today I’ve felt good but not great.

I’m just wondering if these symptoms are normal for Candida or something I should be extremely worried about. From some reports it looks like this might be related to die-off. But I haven’t been officially diagnosed or tested for Candida. I did the spit test and that indicated I probably do have it but I don’t put much faith in that. I don’t have my first appointment with a homeopathic doctor until next Monday. So, I’m really just trying to get some support on here and see if I’m following the right path. Some days I do feel better. But it’s been a mixed bag. Seems like the first 3-4 days of the diet I felt awesome. Now it’s hit or miss. I have lost about 20 pounds though in the past 3 weeks. So, that’s good.

Anybody have any advice?

linny
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Hey there!

I’m not the most experienced person around here but I’ve definitely done a lot of reading so I’ll try and help you out. So what does your diet look like on a daily basis? Seems like the symptoms you’re having could be caused by some die-off but heart palpitations and troubles breathing definitely sound a bit worrisome. Were you having these symptoms to any degree before you started the diet? Also, are you taking any supplements to support your liver? The exercise is a great idea and will assist your body in detoxifying. I’m taking milk thistle right now for my liver and my naturopath recommended that for me. Perhaps your body is a bit overloaded with toxins!

Linny

Invisiwill

Thanks for the quick response. There’s usually some variation to my diet but here’s an example from yesterday. (I keep a log of what I eat using loseit.com – has a great app for the iphone).

Breakfast:
    – Avocado
    – 2/3 Chopped Onion
    – 1 Cup Organic Plain Yogurt

Lunch:
    – 1/4 Cup Almond Slivers
    – Half of Fresh Tomato
    – Half of Cucumber w/o Skin

Dinner
    – Avocado
    – Salmon Cooked In Coconut Oil
    – Vegetable Juice (V8, I don’t usually do this but if I’m out and not around anything I can drink and I don’t want water…)

I don’t track the amount of water I drink but I drank a lot of water. I always have during this diet. Per all the recommendations. I’m not taking anything to support my liver. I’m really adverse to pills so I am extremely careful about supplements without some good research on the matter. That’s one reason why I’m exercising. Thanks again for the quick reply!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

“However, past 3 nights I started having night sweats. Basically every two hours or so during sleep I’ll wake up sweating and sometimes have heart palpitations. Last night I woke up and had to take a deep breath because breathing felt heavier than normal. I still have muscle twitching and slight muscle spasms. Sometimes I feel nauseated and get a headache.”

Hello Invisiwill,

I would say that this is very common. I have experienced the same symptoms (for me it hasn’t happened for 7 months but during that time, I had them frequently).

Bad nights sleep is very common. The heart palpitations are very normal too. It does not feel good and you think its a heart problem its so bad. It is not a heart problem. It is the candida dying off and its affecting your blood pressure. The breathing problem occurred for me for a few months as well. The spasms is your body reacting to the candida that is in your blood. The headaches and nausea will pass sooner than the other symptoms. There is hope and just hang in there.

P.S. Make sure your environment is completely free of dust and mold. Mold is very toxic and can cause candida. I had your symptoms the most when I lived in a moldy apartment.

linny
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Just at a glance it seems you could add a lot more bulk to your diet with more veggies. Also, maybe add some eggs for protein, healthy fats, etc?

I wouldn’t brush off these symptoms as ‘normal’, necessarily. The more I think about it, it seems like there could be more to the heart palpitations and night sweats than just die-off… it’s essential to get enough vitamins and minerals to avoid electrolyte imbalances, anemia, hypoglycemia, etc. Your muscle spasms/twitching also point to a potential electrolyte imbalance. Have you had any problems with this stuff in the past? My main concern is that you’re getting enough nutrition in your diet as it seems you aren’t eating a whole lot…

I’m glad you’re seeing a homeopathic doc soon. They’ll be able to help you out with your symtoms and figure out if there’s more going on than just candida. You can also ask them at the time what supplements you could add to your program to help detox your liver and boost your immune system. Are you experiencing any digestive problems at all? Regular BMs are so, so important on this diet to clear the toxins! To give you an idea of supplements, many people on this diet will take psyllium fibre (I can’t because it constipates me), but others swear by it because it apparently helps scrub the colon clean of the yeast! I’m personally taking a very potent probiotic, vitamin c 2-3grams daily, zinc, vitamin a, and milk thistle. These are the supplements that my doc put me on, but it should give you an idea of a few things you could be doing to boost your immune system and help your body detox.

Invisiwill

Thanks Raster. It’s good to hear I’m not alone on those symptoms.

Linny,
    It’s hard somedays to get enough. I get around 1200 calories a day normally. Yesterday was a weak day for me because I was unusually nauseous . But I guess I do need to get better at eating more. I don’t seem to have much of an appetite for some reason. I have a juicer here and I do keep a lot of raw veggies. I have two heads of cabbage here I bought yesterday that I’ve been wanting to juice since I get them. Today I ate a big salad. In between meals sometimes I’ll eat some nuts or some of those grape sized tomatoes. They make good snacks. I also generally eat a lot of cucumbers. Celery and almond butter are also on my roster of things I eat. I do have to admit the amount of calories I get is much lower. After workout I’m netting less than 1200 calories. Maybe 900 or 1000. So, nutrient level could be a problem. I also wondered if it was sugar withdrawal but I quit sugar over two weeks ago. I barely eat any brown rice, quinoa or other low GI grains. I have a couple times but I’d rather just not risk feeding the beast with things that turn in to sugar too quickly.

The whole reason I found out about this is because of the Gastro symptoms I went to the hospital with. I had severe pain and burning in the area of my colon. They ran a CT scan and didn’t see any major inflammation. They did blood work and they found only minor issues with some of the levels related to my liver. i went to an actual Gastro doctor a week ago and he suggested it could be IBS but said I should consider a colonoscopy if the symptoms don’t get better. I told him the reasearch i did about Candida and asked him what he thought. He said he didn’t believe that a fungal overgrowth could happen. I asked him if he knew what caused IBS and he said no. So, i said ‘Then it is possible its fungus and we don’t know yet’. He said anything is possible but it seems unlikely.

Other symptoms I’ve had are a lack of sex drive, muscle pain, heightened anxiety, a disconnected feeling, tingling or numbness in limbs, and one strange really strange one… the bottoms of my feet got super sore all of a sudden and callused up to where i could barely walk on them. I had to get insoles… that seemed to pass though after i got insoles. I’ve worked out a lot before and never had that happen. All the symtoms seemed to happen around the same time. Though i’ve been plagued with anxiety attacks and gastro problems for several years. So much so that I thought I had Celiacs for a while when my mom was diagnosed a few months ago because I had issues eating wheat. But all my symptoms got very serious about 3 weeks ago. Gastro symptoms were enough to land me in the hospital.

It’s really great to have a supportive group like this. I thought I was going crazy or had cancer or something and was going to die. This is pretty nasty stuff but I’m happy to at least know I’ll probably survive. If I had have known about this possible condition sooner I could have kept it from getting serious. It’s unfortunate our medical industry serves the drug companies rather than us.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

linny wrote: many people on this diet will take psyllium fibre (I can’t because it constipates me), but others swear by it because it apparently helps scrub the colon clean of the yeast!

The fact that, as you say, psyllium fibre ‘scrubs the colon” can be a problem because of the husks which are very hard and sharp, making it dangerous for the intestines and colon. Even psyllium husk powder can contain tiny shards which, when ingested are not safe enough to move through the delicate pathway of the intestines. Psyllium has actually been known to cause bleeding of the intestines as well as bloating.

The common warnings for psyllium use are to stop using a psyllium product and call a doctor at once if you experience choking or trouble swallowing, severe stomach pain or cramping, nausea or vomiting, rectal bleeding, an itchy skin rash, or constipation that lasts longer than 7 days.

Acacia Senegal fiber, such as Heather’s Tummy Fiber, is an organic Acacia Senegal fiber known for the management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms as well as any type of constipation or cleanser for the intestine is a 100% Acacia Senegal product. It contains the highest grade available, and is a natural, pure, organic soluble dietary fiber. Medicinally, Acacia Senegal sooths mucous membranes of the intestines and is used to treat inflammation. In addition, it’s often used as an astringent to treat bleeding, bronchitis, diarrhea, gonorrhea, and upper respiratory tract infections.

To Invisiwill:
    Die-off symptoms often include night sweats, and actually sweating is exactly what you want to do when experiencing die-off symptoms as it helps to remove the dangerous toxins from your body. Look for two products to help remove the toxins and therefore reduce or remove most of the die-off symptoms, Molybdenum and Candidate by Native Remedies.

Able

Invisiwill

Able900 wrote:
    Die-off symptoms often include night sweats, and actually sweating is exactly what you want to do when experiencing die-off symptoms as it helps to remove the dangerous toxins from your body. Look for two products to help remove the toxins and therefore reduce or remove most of the die-off symptoms, Molybdenum and Candidate by Native Remedies.

Able

Thanks! The night sweats are definitely troublesome and I was concerned because I read somewhere else that night sweats are an indication of a possible thyroid problem. It’s good to know others are having the issue related to Candida though. I noticed the recommendation of Candidate and Molybdenum in one of your other posts. I might give that a try. Also might check out the fiber you recommend here. Have you used that fiber yourself? I saw some of the same warnings about Phyllium in my reading so I’ve been very cautious of it since severe pain in my colon area is where my awareness of this originated from. I don’t want to risk damaging my healing colon.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

bumping to the top

Ranger
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 23

I don’t sweat but I do wake up at night with a warm feeling. Last night I had a headache too, so I took the Candidate. It seemed to help.

bmill373
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hey man I’m going through the same exact problem right now how do you feel now? And how did you fix it!?

Thanks in advance

dorothy
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hello pls help me I don’t know what to do am vng candida over growth!i ve all the symptom u wrote on ur forum I also ve poor sleep,ve stop any food contain sugar pls i need ur help awaiting ur response thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is It Common To Have Night Sweats & Heart Palpitations’ is closed to new replies.