Is it candida? Burping, ball of air in stomach, bloating, empty raw stomach…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is it candida? Burping, ball of air in stomach, bloating, empty raw stomach…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sarahjade 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

a-pip
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

For the past 6 months or so, my IBS symptoms have increased a lot. I previously was told I have IBS, and I managed to keep this under control by following a gluten-free diet for the past 7 years or so. That’s why it was so frustrating when my symptoms changed and nothing I did seemed to get them under control.

For the past 6 months, I have been experience bloating, a LOT of burping, particularly in the morning and night, an empty, raw feeling in my stomach about 45 minutes after eating, a lot of bubbling in my stomach, and a feeling of a ball of air, just behind the diaphragm, which no amount of burping gets rid of. It makes me feel like I want to lay on my side and pull my knees up to my chest to try and get relief.

Along with this, I used to suffer with recurrent UTI’s, and was told I had thrush on examination a few times, even though I didn’t feel any itching etc. I also have mild seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp, which I have under control through the use of medicated shampoo.

I have been to the doctors many, many times, only to get sent away with ant-acids, peppermint tablets etc, none have made a difference. I was referred to the Gastro department in December, but I won’t get an appointment until May due to waiting lists… When I mentioned Candida to the doctors, they just brushed it off and said it’s IBS.

I am unsure as to whether this is Candida or something else? I recently took a course of S. Boulardii, and I thought I’d found the miracle cure! My stomach symptoms seemed to disappear over night, and for the first time in ages, I was able to sleep in and not be woken up by my stomach causing me discomfort. This continued, with only mild symptoms every now and again. I then started taking GSE, and since then, my stomach symptoms have come back, and I’m experiencing the bloating, uncomfort, empty feeling etc. I know that I probably didn’t follow the Candida protocol properly, and I really need to strictly follow the diet.

Sorry for the rambly post…if anyone has any opinion on my issues, it would be great to hear them.

Thank you in advance.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Part of the problem is you are not supposed to take any antifungals with boulardii because it’ll kill it, so I would not take anything with s.boulardii.

-raster

MichaelC
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

The belching may be a good indication that you have SIBO.

debalw
    Participant
    Replies: 2

The lactobacillius needs manganese and colbolt for its metabolisim, and when you are deficient in certain gut microbes you also run the risk of nutritional deficiency, so then the body also has a harder time fighting back. I think the lactobacillius species can also out crowd candida. I took lactobacillius for years just to keep candida under control.

I have not seen a recommendation to take a mineral supplement with probiotics, but I am wondering if one with manganese, colbolt and boron would help. (vaginal insertion of boric acid fights candida…)

sarahjade
    Participant
    Replies: 5

I would consider stomach mucous depletion. Try making slippery elm into a paste and drinking it like that. The texture is a little weird but it sounds more stomach than small intestine related. Consider carminatives too like fennel.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is it candida? Burping, ball of air in stomach, bloating, empty raw stomach…’ is closed to new replies.