Is Greek yoghurt or Acidophilus yoghurt better?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is Greek yoghurt or Acidophilus yoghurt better?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chlofloso 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

I have access to organic Greek yoghurt as well as to organic probiotic Acidophilus yoghurt and organic probiotic Bifidus yoghurt. Which one is best for the treatment?

Chloƫ

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Greek yogurt contains the highest amount of strains and types of probiotic bacteria, while the other yogurts likely contain less strains. Also, greek yogurt typically contains less sugar than other yogurts (typically between 7-11g of sugar per serving) while most regular yogurts contain 17-25g of sugar per serving.

I used to eat this yogurt before the diet that listed something like 10 strains of probiotics, however the sugar content is very high. I don’t think it is any better than greek yogurt for the diet.

I add goat milk kefir to my greek yogurt to maximize the number of strains.

Keep in mind that yogurt and kefir is not meant to replace a daily supplement of probiotics; we recommend between 30-60 billion per day to get better while greek yogurt numbers are only in the millions count.

-raster

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Thanks raster! I still have to figure out where to get a good probiotic, didn’t start with that yet because of die-off, but I’m planning to start it soon.

Have a nice day!

Chloƫ

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Is Greek yoghurt or Acidophilus yoghurt better?’ is closed to new replies.