Is Grapefruit seed extract a natural antibiotic?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is Grapefruit seed extract a natural antibiotic?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  benc 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Golfer4588
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 32

Hi,

I start my very expensive probiotics next week and was also looking to introduce a second antifungal after coconut oil which was going to be Grapefruit seed extract.

I have read somewhere that Grapefruit seed extract has many uses one of which is as a natural antibiotic.

Have I got this all wrong or is an antibiotic the last thing someone with a candida overgrowth needs?

Many thanks

Richard

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

I’m, no expert but, was confused on a similar line of thought just months ago. What i learned was many natural antifungals have antibiotic properties, such as oil of oregano which is a good antifungal.

GSE is probably one of the strongest antifungals behind EV coconut oil.

Keep using it.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

be precautions though, it is said to interact with other medicine. So if your taking anything else like antihistamines, etc you might want to choose a different one.

Raster posted some negative science about it recently.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Is Grapefruit seed extract a natural antibiotic?’ is closed to new replies.