Is going cold turkey off of sugar bad for your liver? Whats the best way?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is going cold turkey off of sugar bad for your liver? Whats the best way?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MangoSun 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

MangoSun
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I started eating a really strict diet over the past 3-4 days and my side/liver is cramped/hurting. I had a fairly bad diet before this and have been keeping to no grains, no refined sugar, and very little carbs but I read that this may not be a good idea.

What I ate each day last 2 days:

some grass finished ground lamb
    grass finished lamb shoulder chop
    a little bit of blueberries
    1 green apple
    some kale, romaine lettuce, and a few other mixed greens
    a little bit of shredded carrot
    a little bit of celery slices
    a small can of sardines in spring water (high quality BPA free)
    2 cloves of garlic (I have stopped doing this after reading more about it)

After about 3-4 days of very clean eating and 2 days of being very strict about it the pain in my side started getting worse and I read that it can damage your liver if you make it cleanse itself all at once, especially if your coming off of a bad diet.

I figured I was overworking it so I decided to give it a good sugar/junk crash after going cold turkey those 4 days. So I ate a 90 g tin of hazelnut cookie wafers and had 2 slices of pizza (ham and pineapple/pepperoni) with garlic dipping sauce and a can of iced tea. I had to go to the bathroom after that and the cramped/painful feeling subsided.

Is it important to wean yourself off refined sugar and carbs? Do I still need to eat a bit of “refined” sugar or would lots of fruit be enough? Should I still eat some junk food and slowly eat less and less? Should I still have a little bit of grains?

Any recommendations for what sort of things I should eat or anything else that would be helpful? Thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Is going cold turkey off of sugar bad for your liver? Whats the best way?’ is closed to new replies.