Is gluten free the same as candida free? I'm NEW here.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is gluten free the same as candida free? I'm NEW here.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Hi all,

So after almost a year of repeated antibiotic use for constant UTIs and yeast infections, not to mention feeling like a zombie every single day, I have found this site. I’ve learned alot, but I’m also SUPER confused. So when shopping for groceries..if I find “gluten free” bread..can I eat it? Is that what I should be looking for now?? All my life I’ve been spoiled with great metabolism and being able to eat everything I want, so now I feel like I don’t have the discipline for this diet. The past few months I come into work feeling so SPACED OUT..to the point where my boss keeps repeating herself but I just forget what she says and can hardly pay attention. I know I am unable to do the cleanse, but I have put myself on a diet and it seems like it has helped a bit…but maybe it’s all in my head. Anyways, ANY replies would be greatly appreciated, even if you just want to share your story with me or drop by to say hello.

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Hi angel29, it sounds like your stories pretty similar to a lot of peoples, I certainly feel your pain and have to say I found the brain fog did quickly disappeared when on the diet.

The people on the forum have their own version of the diet which you could email able900 for.

I would stay away from supermarket breads an look into making them ourself, there are some good ones for coconut and buckwheat breads which I use. You will also probably want to add olive or coconut oil to your food to make sure you don’t loose weight of you have a fast metabolism.

Trust me it gets less confusing and is worth it.

Good luck.

Jo

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Angel,

Gluten free is not the same as a yeast free, sugar free, dairy free, and mold free diet. If you are still eating things like milk, nuts and seeds, and breads with yeast you will not heal as quickly as you’d like from my experience. We developed a very strict forum diet that removes most bad foods and only contains beneficial foods if you are interested; it does not have rice because rice contains some sugar and high amounts of starch.

This diet should also be a low starch diet.

-raster

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Angel29 wrote: ANY replies would be greatly appreciated, even if you just want to share your story with me or drop by to say hello.

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to learn (especially from Raster and Able), cope and understand that you’re not alone in how you’re feeling. I was on a gluten-free diet for several years without any improvement. It was only when I started the candida diet, along probiotics and supplements, that I started to feel like I was beginning to control this beast rather than it controlling me. There’s lots of great info on the forum. It’s definitely overwhelming at first. But, what I’ve learned (and I’m only 6 weeks into the diet) is that patience is the key. Balancing your digestive system is a marathon not a sprint. My personal story is posted on the forum under Candida Stories: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst5108_My-Journey.aspx
    Good luck!

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

hi, Angel

You are not alone as I fully relate to what you write. From antibiotics causing ill effects, to having a high metabolism which slowed the sicker I’ve become, to so called “brain fog”, to being super confused the more you learn as the subjects are very complicated and almost endless rabbit holes, etc. etc.

Despite what others may embrace, it took me the better part of the past year to fully grasp candida is not a stand alone issue: it’s more of a symptom of some other underlying cause which needs to be addressed. Figuring that out can take a while however, I tend to think my case centers around adrenal fatigue/hypothyroid: particularly if metabolism has swayed drastically.

You can check this rather simply by taking your basal body temp (temp upon waking) and if it’s a sub temp that highly suggests adrenal/thyroid issues need to be addressed. There are other forum posters who are better apt to address this subject but, IMHO this is a under spoken of topic on this forum which is starting to get more interplay. They are major regulators of the immune system, blood glucose, hormones, body temp, metabolism, etc. etc. Have discovered iodine supplementation can really help them but, it’s another protocol on it’s own beyond just increasing iodine (selenium, Vit C, Magnesium work hand in hand with iodine from my understanding). This is beyond the forum protocol of how to support them.

The good thing is most of the accompanying causes are treated with similar diets so, using the forums protocol/diet should improve those conditions but, diet alone might not be enough.

Quickly going to a low carb diet may work against healing as it can force the body into ketosis which puts further strain on already exhausted adrenal/thyroids. This causes a chain reaction of bad feedback loops further deteriorating these complicated systems. I went completely NO CARB and that was a HUGE mistake: rapid deterioration rather than healing. Put my body further out of balance which is requiring effort to correct to just get back to where I was prior to attempting candida treatment.

I realize this may only confuse your understanding further but, I think too many people like myself enter into a candida diet treatment without having a real plan. If you print out the forum protocol pages it is about a half inch stack of paper!!!

Wish you only blessings of healing graces.

PS – there are yeast free breads …..

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Hi Jo. Where can I find yummy bread recipes? Coincidentally I started eating coconut oil and using it on my skin just a few months ago, so I’m happy to hear it I also helpful in combating yeast.

Hi Raster. Brown rice is okay right?

SRQ: Wonderful that you are a breast cancer survivor. My mother will be starting chemo for breast cancer next week.

Flailing: I will be going to the doctor this week for a check up..hopefully he’s able to help.

About two year ago I started taking control of my health because my doctor said I have extremely high cholesterol for someone my age. It must have been all those years of eating whatever I wanted. So I started eating wheat bread, a lot of fruits and veggies, less meat. Then I got pregnant and I REALLY started focusing on my healthy. And now I feel frustrated. I tried eating “healthy” and where did it get me? Candida!

raster
    Participant

Brown rice is inflammatory and contains high amounts of starch like potatoes and thats why we don’t recommend it. Later in your treatment your body can handle just about anything, but when starting out you should only eat items that are a benefit to your health:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5710/2

Buckwheat is a great alternative; similar taste and texture, but only 25% starch. It is also a prebiotic which feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut.

-raster

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Angel29 wrote:
    Flailing: I will be going to the doctor this week for a check up..hopefully he’s able to help.

Good , good. I highly suggest reading this post or printing it out and taking it along with you.

Angel29 wrote:
    my doctor said I have extremely high cholesterol for someone my age.

High cholesterol is another sign of AF/HT….

Angel29 wrote:
    I tried eating “healthy” and where did it get me? Candida!

There is a cross over in diets between supporting the adrenals/thyroids and candida protocols. However, a heavily restricted low carb diet proved to throw my already stressed adrenals over a cliff. HCL is typically low with AF/HT and is required to properly break down proteins.

Patrick
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Basmatic rice is gluten free but is it allowed on the diet? I assume that it still feeds the blood sugars as it’s a white rice GE What about red rice?

raster
    Participant

Black rice, red rice, and wild rice are the best choices if you decide to eat rice because they have the best nutritional properties. However, all rice is inflammatory to a certain degree, contains high amounts of starch, and a little bit of sugar. It isn’t whether they are gluten free or not, but whether they are a benefit to your health. Thats why they are not on the forum’s strict food list.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5752/2

-raster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is gluten free the same as candida free? I'm NEW here.’ is closed to new replies.