Is fiber useful or bad?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is fiber useful or bad?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

SugarIsBad
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 28

On this website I’ve read that it helps, but on others I see that it’s not so good because it’s not digested and feeds Candida.

I’m a bit confused and don’t know what to do.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Should bring benefit early on in your treatment but could bring setback later on in your treatment. I would go after food grade sources of fiber…examples include oat bran and rutabega.

-raster

SugarIsBad

raster;50149 wrote: Should bring benefit early on in your treatment but could bring setback later on in your treatment. I would go after food grade sources of fiber…examples include oat bran and rutabega.

-raster

If it’s quite recommended to consume fiber, I’d eat tomatoes with skin as they have some of it in them, but I’d avoid them if fiber isn’t very good. In any case I would eat cucumbers without skin as they don’t have a lot of fiber.

raster
    Participant

You need fiber and its quite important so I wouldn’t make any major cutbacks and start being afraid of it. Flax is a good source of fiber. Fiber helps you go to the bathroom.

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

raster;50149 wrote: Should bring benefit early on in your treatment but could bring setback later on in your treatment. I would go after food grade sources of fiber…examples include oat bran and rutabega.

-raster

Really? A setback?
    I’m on month 3.5 and I’m still taking fiber…
    Can you give me some research?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

My 2 cents… fiber is good for you at any stage of the diet. It helps to promote regular bowel movements, aiding in the elimination of Candida byproducts. In fact most people should be eating more fiber no matter what diet they are on.

raster
    Participant

I’m talking about pure inulin fiber and not other sources of fiber. Dvjorge shared some studies that showed that inulin promoted the yeast in the colon…but other studies show that it feeds your beneficial yeast.

I can find the post if you want.

-raster

SugarIsBad

raster;50174 wrote: I’m talking about pure inulin fiber and not other sources of fiber. Dvjorge shared some studies that showed that inulin promoted the yeast in the colon…but other studies show that it feeds your beneficial yeast.

I can find the post if you want.

-raster

So how can I get the beneficial fiber? What kind of foods have some of it in them? And which ones have the inulin fiber?
    Thanks.

And I’ve read on this website:
    http://www.biblelife.org/fiber.htm
    that ‘the ultra low-fiber, low-carbohydrate, high-fat, high-protein diet suppresses the pathogenic bacteria and yeast in the colon to give perfect bowel movements.’

It’s even written that ‘fiber and carbohydrates turn the colon into a hazardous waste dump.’ and that ‘humans cannot digest fiber or cellulose. However, the bad bacteria in the human colon can certainly feed on fiber, eventually causing inflammatory bowel diseases.’

All this completely contradicts our opinions about fiber. I’m not sure what to think now.

nintendo1889
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Psyllium husk is a good source of fiber. Use small amounts at first, ex: 1/2 tsp.

raster
    Participant

Inulin fiber feeds both the beneficial bacteria and bad bacteria. Food grade sources of fiber do not do this to the same degree. I would only consume food grade sources of fiber and not supplement with inulin fiber…then you won’t have anything to worry about.

-raster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is fiber useful or bad?’ is closed to new replies.