Is eating non organic meat/chicken enough to alter gut flora majorly ?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is eating non organic meat/chicken enough to alter gut flora majorly ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 38

After the candida is overgrowth is healed?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If it contains antibiotics and hormones then it likely can negatively effect both your treatment and your gut flora.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

1000557 wrote: After the candida is overgrowth is healed?

Meat, fish and chicken, in other words, animal protein in general, whether it’s organic or not will change the environment of the intestines to a favorable condition for the Candida, therefore making it easier for the Candida to multiply. This is because the breakdown of animal protein in the intestines produces ammonia, and the Candida produce ammonia as well in order to build a satisfactory environment for their survival. So if your body has enough Candida and you still have a chance of contracting another infestation, the animal protein will certainly help the progress and growth of Candida albicans.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

There was a study by Zimmer et al that was reported all over a little while ago about diet and stool pH. The full text is behind a pay-wall, but stool pH for vegans, vegetarians (eggs & dairy) and omnivores was 6.3, 6.6 and 6.9, respectively. I’m not sure which one is optimal, but some say 6.5 is unfavourable to many pathogens. Going too low has its own problems for colon health.

I’ve got no idea what the omnivore diet was like in the Zimmer study, but I’d bet the foods they ate with their meats were nothing like those in this Indian study. Omnivores here had higher amounts of a gene associated with butyrate production, an SCFA associated with colon health. Their diet was much higher in complex carbs than the vegetarian group. I think that suggests overall dietary balance, and not eliminating foods based on reductive thinking is what’s important. Meat is one of the most nutritious foods there is, but too much of anything is going to lead to imbalances in your body. So don’t start replacing your morning eggs with a 14oz rib-eye.

Edit: this one showed no difference in stool pH between vegetarians and omnivores, and again the omnivores seemed to eat a balanced diet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Is eating non organic meat/chicken enough to alter gut flora majorly ?’ is closed to new replies.