Is coconut milk good for making kefir?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is coconut milk good for making kefir?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Chiskinlady 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

Ive been making my kefir with coconut milk just wanted to make sure that it is acceptable form of milk. Thanks.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

WilliamHolst wrote: Ive been making my kefir with coconut milk just wanted to make sure that it is acceptable form of milk. Thanks.

Yes i’ve fermented it before. You can use milk grains with it as well.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

It tastes good and is a good source of calories and beneficial fats, but I don’t think the grains will survive long-term in it. I’ve made it a couple of times using surplus grains. Maybe mixing it with milk would help them thrive?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Javizy wrote: It tastes good and is a good source of calories and beneficial fats, but I don’t think the grains will survive long-term in it. I’ve made it a couple of times using surplus grains. Maybe mixing it with milk would help them thrive?

Javizy, do you know how long can milk grains survive when fermenting coconut water?

Chiskinlady
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

WilliamHolst wrote: Ive been making my kefir with coconut milk just wanted to make sure that it is acceptable form of milk. Thanks.

I’ve been wondering this too… Here’s a good guide & tutorial if anyone else is wondering how:
    http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2010/03/how-to-make-coconut-milk-kefir.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is coconut milk good for making kefir?’ is closed to new replies.