Is Candex good or bad?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Is Candex good or bad?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jodie 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

janiejane
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 21

I recently bought a bottle of Candex and starting taking it based on the very positive reviews I read. However, I recently did a little more research and was wondering what others thought about it. Here is what Candex is:

Natural Enzymes to Digest Fungal Cell Walls
    Dietary Supplement

About Candex

Yeasts and fungi can flourish only as long as their cell walls remain intact. Studies show that the natural enzymes in Candex dissolve these cell walls. Candex is a safe, gentle and effective approach to fungal overgrowth, and has no adverse impact on healthy probiotics.

The reveiws about this are overwhelmingly positive in helping them get rid of yeast. Most of the negative reviews I read where not necessarily about effectiveness but that people couldn’t tolerate it, (stomach pains, etc).

If you search on this forum and online there is one guy who has repeatedly posted how Candex is bad, here’s what he says:

I made a major discovery this week. Candex has two main enzymes that actually FEED Candida. Cellulase and Hemicellulase have a glucose molecule that degrade the cell walls of PLANTS. Candida is NOT a plant, but is a yeast, and these sugars actually cause the Candida yeast to RISE. These enzymes are used in industrial products for rising and in alcohol for fermentation. I took Candex for one week (24 capsules) and, boy, am I RISING and FERMENTING!!!! I stopped taking it when the reaction was weird. I gained 50 pounds and am still gaining. This information is from a Candida expert. I would give his name, but I do not have his permission. Thankfully, he has products that will remove the reaction from my colon and will kill the Candida for good. I have just ordered it. BEWARE CANDEX!! It will make your Candida worse!

So far, I haven’t found anyone else to support this nor have I seeen any other similar claims in my initial research. I plan to research it more. To me gaining 50 pounds after taking it for one week seems pretty unbelievable. I found where he posted again on another thread and someone who seemed knowledgeable responded to him:

http://www.candidayeastthrushforum.com/view_topic.php?id=857&forum_id=1

Able wrote a response to someone else on this thread:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4378_Suggestions-to-add–remove–or-otherwise-please.aspx

Candex contains two enzymes which are not natural to humans and which we do not produce. They’re specifically cellulase and hemicellulase.

In theory, it makes sense to assume that a supplement containing enzymes such as Candex (and Candidase as well) could treat a Candida infestation because the Candida have a wall which contains cellulose and hemicellulose (note the difference in the spelling of cellulose, cellulase, hemicellulose, and hemicellulase). Therefore in theory enzyme supplements can help kill the Candida by digesting their cell walls. On the other hand these enzymes are not specific to Candida walls; they can also be found in the vegetables we eat. So the enzymes will also break down the cellulose and hemicellulose that is in these foods that we eat on a daily basis. When the fibers in vegetables are broken down, the byproduct of the enzymatic breakdown is sugar in the form of glucose which feeds the Candida infestation. Therefore all the enzymes will do is kill some of the Candida while feeding the remainder leading to an increase of the population of the infestation.

So my question to Able is that when you said that the Candex breaks down the fibers in vegetables creating sugar, isn’t that what our body does through digestion? I’m not understanding how this is any different? Vegetables contain sugar which is broken down during digestion and will feed Candida. I understand that on this diet we are eating low sugar vegetables which have lots of other health benefits but are you saying the the Candex creates more sugar than what our bodies produce when eating vegetables?

Anyway, I am not for or against Candex. With so many positive reviews I’m intrigued. I just want to use all the weapons available to me in my fight against Candida.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lots of people have experimented with Candex only to find that the infestation grew worse while using it; this includes myself.

Candex is nothing more than a source of enzymes, some of which are not naturally made and used by the human body. Your best source for enzymes is a natural form such as Swedish Digestive Bitters which allows your body to make the enzymes naturally as they are needed.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would compare candex to pro-gest digestive enzymes and determine which one appears superior. There are other enzyme products as well; check out thorne, standard process, integrative thereaputics, and pure formulas.

-raster

janiejane
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 21

Thanks for the input. I will continue to do research on these enzymes.

natmike5464
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 17

I tried Candex a while ago and got really bad stomach pains.. at first I thought maybe I have to go through this pain to get the yeast out, but it was so bad, I had to stop taking it…

mart.hart
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

That’s bad news. I just bought a jar after reading all the good reviews and £50 took a strain on the budget.
    Candex was my last hope as well as I am intolerant to a lot of things.

Sulfer, so garlic is out I tried Allicin but that was worse.
    Coconut is a problem, I even had problems with Brita water filters and it turned out to be the coconut husk they use.
    Of course I have tried Oregano and a few others with equal results. I did start off with caprilic acid and that was surprisingly ok but you can’t take it for long.

I know people will put things down to die off but I have had allergies/intolerance since I was a kid. Started off with cats, penicillin and geraniums.
    Even vitamin C doesn’t like me, they said take a 1000mg dose and that nearly finished me off. I went down the B12 route to see if I could get rid of the sulfer allergy but it had manitol in it and that not only upset my system but I got blurred vision for about an hour….scary!

So candex is the last chance saloon for me!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

mart.hart;30104 wrote: That’s bad news. So candex is the last chance saloon for me!

Candex was never a chance, let alone your last one. Read these posts, this is the way I cured my own infestation.

The Protocol

Candida Diet

Able

mart.hart
    Participant

Able900;30126 wrote:

That’s bad news. So candex is the last chance saloon for me!

Candex was never a chance, let alone your last one. Read these posts, this is the way I cured my own infestation.

The Protocol

Candida Diet

Able

Thank you. I had a look at those a while ago but as I outlined in my post I am intolerant to many items .
    Coconut, Oregano, Olive oil, garlic and Allicin. Also milk thistle and Ginko and don’t even mention that green swamp water algae stuff. Anyway the candex pills turned up to-day so even though you say I’m doomed to fail I got to give them a chance.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Mart,

I would not put all of your eggs in one basket on this product, I think this is a bit silly. All candex is is digestive enzymes. This has been covered on the forum many times and enzymes can help you recover, but it certainly won’t kill very much candida. Enzymes basically break down the food you eat and help heal leaky gut. Used in conjunction with other supplements such as SF722, vitamins, L-glutamine, probiotics, etc. you can heal leaky gut and start to feel much better. However you need multiple supplements in order to get better and taking just one supplement won’t really do too much, especially just one bottle.

I’ve been on pro-gest digestive enzymes for about a year and it hasn’t done anything to cure my candida. It has helped greatly with my digestion though and healing leaky gut. It gives me more energy from the food I eat. This is all it does.

There are many enzyme products out there by thorne, integrative thereaputics, standard process, pure encapsulations, and other high quality major brands. If you look at their products you likely can heal yourself much faster with these than what you have tried previously.

Additionally, I thought I’d note that it seems you are “allergic” to antifungals. You may be confusing this allergy symptom with die-off because they feel very similar. Have you taken any supplements previously to heal leaky gut and reduce the inflammation of the gut?

-raster

mart.hart
    Participant

Hi Raster thanks for your reply.

I have been on a diet for about 3 months now. I gave up wheat first month as I thought that may be my problem, anything containing barley malt (or anything malted) give me huge problems so I knew I was along the right lines.
    Gluten free bread was no better though maybe the yeast but since making my own bread I have found out its also Guar/Xylitol gums.

I understand what you are saying about die off/allergy symptoms. I managed to isolate additives with a 200 plus E number (E221 for example) which are sulphers. I have had a problem with these for many years an example would be Jiff lemon juice, dried fruit. These would not cause die of but they gave me allergy type symptoms. Pain under my left eye, itch in eye, bloated feeling and huge depression/very bad mood.

I have also experienced die off symptoms with caprilic acid which are quite different, Flue like and I got a couple of small lumps with white puss inside as I guess it dumped bad stuff into my system. These I can stand in a getting better sort of way. The allergy symptoms are horrific though no real pain but the dark cloud bit gets unbearable.

natieya
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Just chiming in that it did NOT work for me either…and I bought 3 bottles of the stuff. 🙁

jodie
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

from my understanding of the inner health brand of candex, its a probiotic, therefore helps to crowd out the bad bacteria and replace with the good helping to control the growth of candida as its a natural inhabitant anyway but the real winner is the Saccharomyces cerevisiae (Boulardii) another type of fungus which i believe also crowds candida but only stays in your system 5 days after taking it. like a bit of a reset to reestablish good gut flora

doesnt actively kill candida but in conjunction which anti-fungals and a good diet its a pretty probiotic when you’re trying to regain normality in the gut. im a firm believer that in general, a healthy gut creates a healthy person

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is Candex good or bad?’ is closed to new replies.