Is Antifungal Rotation Really Necessary?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is Antifungal Rotation Really Necessary?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bwalton03 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

Hi,

Dr McCommb’s website says it’s a myth, that only a fatty acid (probably SF 722) and probiotics are needed, but he sells packages that cost $600.

I just bought an 8 week anti fungal program (with companion nutrients to minimize Herx) for $360 and am supposed to buy $240 more for weeks 9-14. I’m on day 5, and began SF722 today.

I was having problems with drinking raw ACV and/or home made water kefir, and I just realized it about 5 days ago. Then, I wondered if I’m wasting my money on this program, but it’s been a chronic imbalance I’ve had for over 25 years. I’ve never taken an advanced program like this. I was on Nystatin in the 80s for a while in the 80s, until it caused terrible Herx symptoms.

Now I’m starting to wonder if I need all these expensive supps, and could heal fine by just avoiding ACV and water kefir and taking SF 722, enzymes, probiotics, garlic, coconut oil, low carb diet, saunas, magnesium, HCl, coffee enemas, etc.

I hope this isn’t going to make me need to take a lot of supps to prevent from getting ill, or that I’ll somehow be sorry I did this.

I also wonder if I cold just take SF722 and the probiotics and send the other things back. Berbercaps I took for the 1st 4 days, and they didn’t seem to do anything.

On the other hand, I think I’d rather do overkill than struggle with this any longer.
    I chelated with ALA and DMSA for 2-3 years, and it made a mess of my GI tract. Now I want to fix that.

After I’ve been on this for 6-8 weeks at full dose, it’s expected that I should be able to have some successful liver flushes to cleanse my liver and gall bladder of parasites and other pathogens.

At the end I’m supposed to take Interfase.
    I took a round of Lufenuron this week, to possibly dissolve Chitins.

I’m a male, age 63.

Lukey

PS – I eat very low carb.

The foods I seem to have trouble with are low carb alkaline vegs like greens, celery, etc. They cause mucus to be seen in my stools.

I’m going to eat the foods that do not cause mucus (Candida) to be seen in my stools, which is cruciferous vegs, meats, onions, soaked nuts, cultured 24 hour SCD dairy, even grains do not cause mucus, though I think I should limit carbs for now, and I may avoid them long term and eat low carb, for continued GI balance.

Anyway, I’ll be rotating every 4 days for 14 weeks : Berbercaps, SF722, Paramicrocidin, and Yeast Formula (which is Oregano oil, Thyme oil, Peppermint oil, and Goldenseal).

The probiotics I’m taking is called Bacillus Coagulans. I’ve seen some good reviews of it on amazon, FWIW.

I kind of think this guy has a good plan in place. It could be overkill but I doubt I’ll be sorry I’m dong this. I am so fed up with trying to sort out tons of internet opinions. I needed some guidance.

Lukey

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

1. If you find an anti-fungal that works well, you shouldn’t stop it.
    2. I wouldn’t put any stock in a chiropractor that is trying to sell you supplements

You have a lot going on, what is your history and symptoms?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The antifungals won’t cure your infestation, all they do is kill candida. So I wouldn’t put too much focus on the antifungals.

I think the mcoombs plan is way overpriced and you could get the same stuff for much cheaper if you bought it on your own online…or get better stuff even.

For a lot of people, they will still have a persistent yeast problem after the mcoombs plan so I wouldn’t put a lot of faith into personally. If it does cure you, you are one of the lucky ones imho. I do think it will get you better though.

The berberine and goldenseal I don’t recommend because these will kill your beneficial gut flora that you are in short supply of and basically act as antibiotics.

I don’t think you should rotate as aggressively as you think you should and this is a reason why you shouldn’t rotate:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4662_Rotating-Antifungals–Why-we-SHOULDNT-do-it.aspx

I also would suggest going to a naturopath vs. a chiropractor. Naturopaths are more into healing holistically and have a different philosophy typically.

-raster

Lukey

Danny33;57926 wrote: 1. If you find an anti-fungal that works well, you shouldn’t stop it.
    2. I wouldn’t put any stock in a chiropractor that is trying to sell you supplements

You have a lot going on, what is your history and symptoms?

Hi,

I think I’ll be one of those that gets a lot of benefit from SF722. Today is only my first day on it. If it seems to help a lot, I’m going to possibly stay on it every day. I read a lot of Raster’s replies about it.

Before I chelated, I could eat fruit all day, and I over ate fruit, so much that it wasn’t probably making me as healthy as I wanted to be, but pre chelation, I didn’t make too good decisions about some things. I have since unloaded Mercury from my brain. After 6-12 months on ALA, I found that I had to cut back on fruit and other foods because they caused mucus in my stools. then I played around with a lot of supplements and therapies trying to heal. Some helped, some didn’t. I had been drinking a lot of home made water kefir and raw ACV, way too much of it, and what I think is happening is, the yeast is in the pathogenic form. I hope SF722 will revert it back to it’s more subdued form and make my life a little easier. Food was sitting in my stomach, it was a constant fight to prevent constipation. Almost as soon as I quit the ACV and water kefir, my digestion improved. That stuff was aggravating my condition more than helping it. I have doubts that I should ever take either of them ever again. They were making the eczema on my scalp worse all the time, but I did’t relate it to that until last week.

Then I made some raw oat milk and drank some, and it set me back. It’s supposed to be a good source of Chitinase but I think I’d rather take Lufenuron once a year or so. I want to stay low carb and maximize my GI flora.

Lukey

Lukey

raster;57929 wrote: The antifungals won’t cure your infestation, all they do is kill candida. So I wouldn’t put too much focus on the antifungals.

I don’t understand what you mean. What’s the difference between an infestation and candida? I thought they were both the same thing.

raster;57929 wrote:
    I think the mcoombs plan is way overpriced and you could get the same stuff for much cheaper if you bought it on your own online…or get better stuff even.

For a lot of people, they will still have a persistent yeast problem after the mcoombs plan so I wouldn’t put a lot of faith into personally. If it does cure you, you are one of the lucky ones imho. I do think it will get you better though.

The berberine and goldenseal I don’t recommend because these will kill your beneficial gut flora that you are in short supply of and basically act as antibiotics.

I don’t think you should rotate as aggressively as you think you should and this is a reason why you shouldn’t rotate:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4662_Rotating-Antifungals–Why-we-SHOULDNT-do-it.aspx

I also would suggest going to a naturopath vs. a chiropractor. Naturopaths are more into healing holistically and have a different philosophy typically.

-raster

Thank you. I think I’m going to take your advice and send the Yeast Formula and the Berbercaps back and try it your way. This seems to be the best yeast forum I’ve ever been to. 🙂 I’m excited about the future and better GI health.

Lukey

Lukey

Hi –

I just read that article about why we should not rotate antifungals. Very interesting, and sounds like a plan I can follow and learn to do.

I was on Berbercaps for 4 days. 1 cap with each meal for 2 days, and then increased to 2 caps per meal for 2 more days, and I didn’t seem to notice anything from it.

Before that, I took GSE at 5 drops x 3x a day, and didn’t notice any die off from that either.

I’ve never taken Oregano oil in enough of a dose to do anything, but I probably will soon.

I don’t want to take Caprylic acid, it caused my liver to hurt.

I take a lot of coconut oil, about 6 gallons per year, and some organic butter.

So, maybe I’ll send back the other 3 bottles of Berbercaps and the Yeast Formula (which is Organo, thyme, Peppermint oils, and Goldenseal), and keep the SF722 and Paramicrocidin (which is megadose GSE).

I’m glad I posted here. I don’t think I want to take a cookie cutter plan that might work for 50% of people. I’d been “on the fence” about this, and you guys and gals have what it takes to teach me how to do this a better way which will also save me a few bucks. I am in no way rich. I haven’t worked on 14 years, at least not out of my home based sales stuff, which has been very slow lately.
    Schlesinger may help a lot of people but if I can improve on it for less cost I sure want to.
    Thanks for showing me how a plan like his is probably hit or miss.

Are you in favor of Paramicrocidin?

I think I’ll stay on SF722 and take 2 caps per meal tomorrow, and see how I do on that for a week or two, and then try adding Oregano oil or Paramicrocidin.
    I did fine with 1 cap SF722 per meal today. A little die off isn’t going to wipe me out, I don’t think. Would those three things be enough to really knock it down?

Lukey

Lukey

Do you think the Yeast Formula I have, is not a good idea, because it contains 5 antifungal oils, plus the Goldenseal with kill the good bacteria?

Just as long as you say I have enough other options to improve my gut health, I’ll take your words for it.

Thanks again.

I’ve been taking 3 drops of Peppermint oil in 1 TBS of EVOO 3x a day. It seems to improve my bowel function, maybe.

Do you think the 4 days of Berberine I took did any damage? It didn’t seem to cause die off.

Do you all use Black Walnut sometimes? Do you think I should?
    I need to pay attention to my liver. I’ve had Hep C for over 30 years but am in good general health.

I need to read more here. This is a specialty I should have been here reading about many months ago.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d stick to a few antifungals like the article said. If you have parasites, the black walnut extract works well from my experience. The SF722 will work long term and so I do recommend it. As far as the others, its up to you which ones to try out. I am not saying don’t take them but just not focus so much on antifungals only!

Here is another good post to checkout:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

What I would focus is probiotics. The one that worked really good for me long term was HMF neuro which is the only one with human derived strains on the market in the US. If you rotate probiotics then you get a variety of strains. Additionally, some such as S. boulardii (a type of yeast), consumes candida and works really well too. The probiotics are much more likely to cure you than antifungals.

-raster

Lukey

raster;57937 wrote: I’d stick to a few antifungals like the article said. If you have parasites, the black walnut extract works well from my experience. The SF722 will work long term and so I do recommend it. As far as the others, its up to you which ones to try out. I am not saying don’t take them but just not focus so much on antifungals only!

Here is another good post to checkout:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

What I would focus is probiotics. The one that worked really good for me long term was HMF neuro which is the only one with human derived strains on the market in the US. If you rotate probiotics then you get a variety of strains. Additionally, some such as S. boulardii (a type of yeast), consumes candida and works really well too. The probiotics are much more likely to cure you than antifungals.

-raster

I haven’t got much or any benefit from food sources as well as capsules and tablets of probiotics which is why I’m more hopeful about antifungals. I have used mostly probiotic foods like home made water kefir (which seemed to make me worse vs better), kraut, 24 hour SCD yogurt, beet kvass, etc. I’ve had S Boulardii recently but I didn’t seem to get any benefit from it.

But, I appreciate your opinion and will surely keep it in mind and try to see if it can help me.

Lukey

Lukey

Good idea for me to NOT rotate AFs. I don’t need to follow this L Ac Schlesinger’s expensive and hit or miss rotation plan. I can make progress based on my own experiences with natural healing. I can eat a lot of cruciferous veggies, take garlic, cayenne, EVOO, CNOil, oregano oil, SF722, and other things, which all help, and can take Coffee Enemas and take other things to help me with detox. I realize that it’s best to take detox slow and easy and not let toxins accumulate too fast. 🙂

It’s also good to not take on too many new therapies at one time, otherwise you won’t know which one is helping and which isn’t. Right now I’m gong to see what SF722 is all about. I’m going to work up to about 5 softgels 3x a day. Today I’ll take 2 caps per meal.

Lukey

I expect probiotics to help me more now that I’ve quit drinking ACV and water kefir. These things seem to have been aggravating my GI tract more than helping it and according to info I searched for, certain people seem to have problems with these things. Maybe I was taking too much of these things, or should have used SF722 first, or because 2-3 years of Mercury chelating set the stage for the problems to happen to me with ACV and water kefir. It can be confusing, and if you have any suggestions, feel free to butt in.

So many websites tell us to take ACV and water kefir, I’d say about 80% of them, but not all of them. It’s hard to not want to take their advice, and it took me quite a while to realize it was not helping me.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Lukey,

Did you have confirmed mercury toxicity and did 3 years of ALA+DMSA clear this?
    DMSA is usually avoided for those with yeast issues, usually replaced with DMPS.

Have you had a CDSA or any other comprehensive digestive analysis?
    I think it wise to take any anti-fungal 1 at a time to judge its safety and effectiveness. We are all living with different levels of overgrowth and different species of yeast (e.g Albicans, glabrata,tropicalis, etc.), this makes finding an effective anti-fungal tricky.
    Bombing your intestines with multiple antimicrobials is likely to cause more detriment to your beneficial bacteria then the yeast that is present.

Some people benefit from Undecenoic Acid, I was not one them.

Where are you located in the southeast?
    I can recommend some doctors in the Carolinas if you’re interested, both MDs and NDs.

-D

Lukey

Hi,

Chelating helped clear my head a lot. I may take some DMPS someday but it’s out of stock the last I heard. I once had 18 amalgams, all replaced with non metal ones in 1986.

I live in upper East TN. I had a CDSA, or someting like it in Asheville NC about 5 years ago that cost about $600. I was found to have Klebsiella Oxytoca +4 and to be -2 deficient in Bifidus Longum. I didn’t follow up with it much. It was a female holistic MD at some naturopathic clinic and I just didn’t have any faith in her ability to resolve any of these issues. She put me on fish oil for one thing, which made my eczema get immediately much worse, and then I kind of decided I’d had enough of her and her being so expensive. She charged me $180 just to explain the $600 CDSA to me. Not only was she a crook, she was a very expensive crook that I doubt knew what I needed to get better.
    Actually, the $600 test was called a NutrEval by Genova, then called Great Smokies.

Yes, I’d love to know of NDs or MDs might be good to get some good help. If they took Medicare B, that might be a big help. There aren’t many around these parts.

Thank you. 🙂

Lukey

raster;57937 wrote:

-raster

Hi,

I’ve had problems with FOS and anything with Inulin in it.

The S Boulardii sounds like it might help if I take enough of it long term.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is Antifungal Rotation Really Necessary?’ is closed to new replies.