Is an increase in GAS a good sign …?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is an increase in GAS a good sign …?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Bansaw 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

Its about my 6th week on the diet. Apart from my tongue turning a brown/green color there’s been no signs of die-off or side effects.

However, for about a week now I have had a lot of gas, not belching, but the other end. Is this a good sign that somethings changing, or a not-so-good sign?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This is not a good sign. It could mean you are deficient in stomach acid and that food is fermenting in the gut. This needs to be avoided at all costs because it creates an environment that is beneficial to the yeast.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

-raster

Bansaw
    Participant

raster;47536 wrote: It could mean you are deficient in stomach acid and that food is fermenting in the gut. This needs to be avoided at all costs because it creates an environment that is beneficial to the yeast.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

-raster

I read the post. I read that its recommending that I take some Betain HCL supplement. Is that right?
    (I never had this gas problem before.)
    If not Betain HCL then what other supplement is supposed to help with this?

Or will simply eating yogurt help with gas?

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Betaine-HCl-Capsules/dp/B000M4CD2C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

No I don’t think yogurt will work because it is a protein. Your body isn’t breaking down proteins very well if it happens after eating meat. If you are constipated than it can be worse than someone who is not constipated.

You should supplement with betaine HCL or zypan which is a whole food derived supplement that works better if you are deficient in stomach acid. In the post, he mentioned a baking soda test you can do to see if you burp.

-raster

freedaji
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 19

Whoa!

Really? Is it not also a possibility it could be just die off? For me, it seems like I get worse gas when I up the dose of antifungals or add a new antifungal…

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

you could try cayenne pepper too as that helps the stomach produce gastric juices

Bansaw
    Participant

freedaji;47548 wrote: Whoa!

Really? Is it not also a possibility it could be just die off? For me, it seems like I get worse gas when I up the dose of antifungals or add a new antifungal…

My new hope is that it simply is die off. I’ll monitor my situation.

When oral anti-fungal treatments cause a die-off of candida in the digestive tract, the Candida Diet website notes that the bloating and gas can be exacerbated and changes in digestive function such as diarrhea and constipation can occur.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/162116-what-are-the-die-off-symptoms-of-candida/#ixzz2brGIwISE

freedaji
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 19

Well, I didn’t even burp after taking the stomach acid test, so it seems I must be really low on it. I’m going to try out the betaine HCL…. Thanks Raster!

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

you should look into small intestinal bacteria overgrowth.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I think sometimes my die-off is associated with more bloating and gas, and it is the anti-fungals/probiotics that due it for me. I can tell. Either one, it is a good sign for me because I know yeast is being killed and things are moving in my digestive system. However, at the other end of the spectrum; I hate the constipated feeling, too. However, as raster quoted, hcl does help. I know I need it!! I ran out for a few days, and I could tell be not taking it!

bloom
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

about 3 years ago I was flatulent beyond belief, at least once every 5 minutes for a period of a good few hours in the evening after meals but then one day it just stopped being a problem and that lasted until recently when now it has returned, to the extent of which I have to vacate rooms that I’ve been for any period of time, including the bedroom sometimes too.

I take the belief that as long as I’m kind to my body and eat well then that one day it will sort itself out again.

Bansaw
    Participant

I tracked down my gas problem: Xylitol.
    Not too little stomach acid or anything. I cut out the Xylitol and I’ve had no flatulence since then.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is an increase in GAS a good sign …?’ is closed to new replies.