Is allergy testing worth it? Any recommendations?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is allergy testing worth it? Any recommendations?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  benc 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Freakzilla
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 15

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten allergy tested where they test your blood and see if you have reactions with foods over a 72 hour span? If so, is it worth it and can anyone recommend a place? Thank you!!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There is a type of doctor called allergist, so I would find one in the phone book or under your health insurance if you have one. People rate them online as well.

-raster

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Freakzilla wrote: Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten allergy tested where they test your blood and see if you have reactions with foods over a 72 hour span? If so, is it worth it and can anyone recommend a place? Thank you!!!

I had a FACT test by Genova Diagnostics, which showed up some random allergies like Oats, Oregano amongst other things i’ve never noticed adverse reactions too.

I also had a Candida blood test, although in hindsight I’ve learnt that was a waste of money.

Belganson
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

An allergist won’t likely tell you about food intolerances, rather only allergies. You would have to see a homeopathic person to see what foods your body is not liking in one way or another. My daughter has eczema. No allergist will tell her it’s related to a diet, but homeopaths did and told me which food groups and foods. Good luck.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Belganson wrote: An allergist won’t likely tell you about food intolerances, rather only allergies. You would have to see a homeopathic person to see what foods your body is not liking in one way or another. My daughter has eczema. No allergist will tell her it’s related to a diet, but homeopaths did and told me which food groups and foods. Good luck.

In my opinion thats pretty easy to work out yourself then, write down what foods you eat a lot, then assume these could be the one’s you are intolerant too, then eliminate them for 2 weeks to 3 months & see if anything it improves.

I’m not convinced an IgG test will tell you anymore than you can work out yourself, especially the pin prick tests that you post back to them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is allergy testing worth it? Any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.