Is a raw diet the answer? Dr. Cousens Rainbow Green Live Cuisine

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Is a raw diet the answer? Dr. Cousens Rainbow Green Live Cuisine

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

oh_livia
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9

I’ve been on this candida diet for 6 months without much overall improvement and I am thinking about changing course a little bit. To be specific, I felt really good after the first couple of months and thought I could add a few occasional carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms, but within a few weeks, my symptoms came back, some of them even more extreme than before. I quickly returned to the strict diet but have had no progress since my arrogant mistake.

Lately I have been looking into Dr. Cousens Rainbow Green Live Cuisine, which is a raw diet for candida. I might try it to change things up and see if it improves my condition. It’s interesting because it is a vegan diet and involves a lot of seeds and nuts, which I have been avoiding. It would also mean I stop the milk kefir and eggs that are part of my daily routine. Dr. Cousens says avoiding animal products is essential because animals have a lot of infections themselves (including candida) that get passed to you.

It’s a little more of a commitment but I think I may try this because I’m desperate. I really need to ‘turn the corner.’ Any thoughts or experience with raw diets?

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

i plan to stay on kefir until long after my die off and candida symptoms subside. I noticed a huge difference when I started juicing lots of kale, cucumbers, zucc, celery, spinach, parsley, etc.

What’s another few months if you’ve made it this far. are you following the strict version or the website version?

Restoring your immune system will take a long time.

oh_livia

I think this 6 months of the strict diet (not the website diet) will give me a leg up if/when I start the raw diet. I don’t see a problem with doing it since they recommend soaking seeds and nuts in food grade hydrogen peroxide solution to kill microbes and mold, and avoiding animal products makes a lot of sense. Plus a lot of folks claim eating raw is the fast track to kicking candida (that’s probably why your juicing seems to be helping a lot).

oh_livia

Update: I have been doing phase one of the Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine raw vegan diet and am getting better by the day! I recommend it to anyone who seems to have hit a slump on this cooked candida strict diet. Eating raw is a little more of a commitment but it is worth it if you need to turn the corner. I find it to be a little cheaper as well. Just keep in mind that transitioning from cooked to raw can be difficult for your digestive tract so go slow and easy.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I’ve read that a raw diet can be very effective in getting rid of candida symptoms, but it seems like everyone also says that the second you start eating cooked food again, no matter what kind of cooked food, symptoms return. Have you found good sources that claim otherwise? I find the whole idea interesting, but I don’t like the concept of being required to eat raw only indefinitely :/ Being vegan and gluten-free already makes me an inconvenient enough dinner guest, haha.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is a raw diet the answer? Dr. Cousens Rainbow Green Live Cuisine’ is closed to new replies.