Irregular bowel movements?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Irregular bowel movements?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

catlover345
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 43

I don’t have regular or consistant bowel movements. It could be up to about 3 weeks. My diet i think does contain a fair amount of fibre and starch as i do eat alot of (i no im not supposed to) bread and potatoe based stuff. Thoughts?

Also i know alot of people talk on here about having constipation. Im not really sure i have that. I dont get alot of stomach or intestine pain. Im not entirely sure what constipation should feel like though.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Constipation should feel like you have to go to the bathroom but you cannot go. It is a fullness like feeling where your bladder feels extra big. Your tummy becomes much larger in general also.

If you eat potatoes and foods not on allowed foods list and then take antifungals/probiotics, etc…all you are doing is killing off the candida and feeding it again over and over again. This can cause IBS (explosive bowel movements) aka the runs and you will never get healed.

As you do the protocol, your bowel movements should normalize over time. But it won’t be normal if you don’t do the diet strictly enough.

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Do you mean three weeks without a bowel movement? If that’s the case, constipation feels like the pain and discomfort you’re experiencing now. Three weeks without going is extremely bad for your health and progress, if not outright dangerous. Pathogens in your colon have a field day feasting on the putrefying stool, while your gut flora suffer and die. It also leads to used bile that should be excreted being reabsorbed along with all its toxins, and worsens/helps set the stage for leaky gut, among many other things you want to avoid at all costs.

Read this thread and try to get things moving ASAP. Be sure you’re drinking enough water, relax while and after eating and chew thoroughly, avoid drinking while eating and shortly after, and look into doing some light exercise like yoga. You also need to minimise stress, since it shuts off your digestion and generally helps your candida survive.

catlover345

I haven’t started my course of antifungels/probiotics yet, though i have just ordered some. Yes, i know without a complete clean diet, it won’t be completely eradicated.. but will it be reduced atleast?

catlover345

Yeah.. 3 weeks would be the maxium but usually it would be 2 weeks without passing a stool. I dont usually have alot of discomfort or pain in my abdominem/stomach region though.

It got worse about 6 weeks ago when there was a week i didn’t eat anything at all because i had alot of stress that week. I think that might have messed up my metabolism.. what do you think?

Javizy

Foods high in starch won’t help your constipation or your gut flora, but they’ll benefit candida and pathogenic bacteria. There are plenty of vegetables that are better than potatoes, and bread isn’t hard to give up. If you’re eating that kind of stuff, you’ll probably be stuck in limbo not progressing past a certain point and not enjoying the tastiest foods you really want, so what’s the point? You might as well go for it 100% if you’re going to at all. It’s a big adjustment at first, but really, it’s not that much of a big deal when you’re a few weeks into it. It’s just food after all.

catlover345

I would eat sandwiches alot and try to incorporate alot of vegetables in them because they are quick to make and its an easy thing to eat. Is there anything i could substitute the bread with at all to make like a sandwich type thing?

Javizy

catlover345 wrote: Yeah.. 3 weeks would be the maxium but usually it would be 2 weeks without passing a stool. I dont usually have alot of discomfort or pain in my abdominem/stomach region though.

It got worse about 6 weeks ago when there was a week i didn’t eat anything at all because i had alot of stress that week. I think that might have messed up my metabolism.. what do you think?

Even a few days is something to worry about. Over a week is when it becomes dangerous. I think you might even want to consider seeing a doctor if this doesn’t resolve itself quickly.

Stress can slow the muscular movements that help along digestion (peristalsis), which can cause constipation and give pathogenic bacteria and candida a chance to grow. It can also change the makeup of the mucous lining, and reduce the amount of SIgA (an immune cell that neutralises undigested food and soothes the gut lining), which makes it harder for gut flora to survive, and in turn promotes leaky gut and allergies. You could think of it as killing off your own soldiers while supplying the enemy with rations, ammunition and hot showers. In short, find a way to relieve stress ASAP if you want to stand any chance of beating candida.

Javizy

catlover345 wrote: I would eat sandwiches alot and try to incorporate alot of vegetables in them because they are quick to make and its an easy thing to eat. Is there anything i could substitute the bread with at all to make like a sandwich type thing?

Bread is probably one of the worst things you could eat, even if it’s wholegrain, and even if you packed the sandwich, it’d still be 50% or more bread unless it was ridiculously thick. Couldn’t you make a salad instead?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

For short term relief I would consider drinking some coffee or caffeine, but you will want to address this in the long term as well.

randomma
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

take a stimulant laxative and drink more water

Irregular Bowel Movements

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

catlover345 wrote: I would eat sandwiches alot…

Catlover… I hate to have to say it but if you continue eating sandwiches even very rarely then you just won’t make progress with your candida. You’ll continue to go round in circles with reactions & die off & things like constipation… and continuously grow new yeast. Also you’re wasting a lot of time, effort & money (if you’re buying antifungals, probiotics, special foods) if you’re simply undoing any good work by eating bread! It just won’t work!

Can you take a plastic container with some salad leaves, a hard boiled egg/ some cooked organic chicken/ a tin of sardines, maybe an avocado. I know it’s not as quick & instant as a sandwich but you have to prepare that at home to bring with you anyway don’t you? I keep a paper plate, some plastic cutlery and some baby wipes in the car so I can run up a quick meal if I need to.

Some people have posted about buckwheat pancakes – I haven’t tried them yet but if you made a batch and kept them in the fridge (with plastic wrap between each), you could make wraps with veggies?

I’ve also found Buckwheat crispbread which is a lifesaver! It comes in backs of 5 crackers and I bring a little tub of coconut oil and then have an instant snack.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Irregular bowel movements?’ is closed to new replies.