Ironically, is it possible to kill off too much Candida and then have a different problem ?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Ironically, is it possible to kill off too much Candida and then have a different problem ?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  candida_sucks 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

A certain level of Candida in the gut is useful I am told.

Has anyone thought about killing off too much? Candida performs some function down there. Does anyone know the symptoms of low gut Candida ?

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Bansaw;48980 wrote:
    A certain level of Candida in the gut is useful I am told.

Has anyone thought about killing off too much? Candida performs some function down there. Does anyone know the symptoms of low gut Candida ?

There are different strains of Candida. Perhaps some are beneficial (some are even supposedly in milk kefir), but I’ve never seen the Candida Albicans strain described as doing anything other than torture human beings. Do you have a reputable source that says otherwise?

CS

Bansaw
    Participant

I think its an “overgrowth” of Candida thats the problem. Here’s a little paragraph I found just now that seems to sum up my thinking.

“Candida Albicans is the formal name for the fungus or yeast that is responsible for yeast infections. Normally it lives in symbiosis in the human body along with a variety of other healthy bacteria. It actually has the important job of helping to detect and destroy other pathogenic bacteria that may enter the body, but sometimes something happens in the body that allows it to grow out of control and it create infections accompanied by a variety of unpleasant symptoms. One of it’s other functions is to decompose a dead body and when it proliferates in a living body it still tries to do it’s job.”

I wonder if the antifungals could do away with “good” yeasts too? I drink milk kefir and am aware of yeasts int hat which appear to by symbiotic with the good bacteria in there.

Anyone know what the symptoms are of too little Candida Albicans in your body ?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You are looking at things in the wrong manner. Candida has two forms, the pathogenic and non-pathogenic forms. The non-pathogenic form is basically not something to worry about in my opinion because it’ll just be there and it will persist and live just fine with antifungals.

The pathogenic form though is what you should worry about and this is what causes disease and all of the symptoms.

Both types will be fed easily by the food you eat, candida diet or not, so they both will persist. If you killed all of the candida in your body you would die and its not possible to kill it all. However it is possible to kill all of the pathogenic candida or atleast most of it.

-raster

Bansaw
    Participant

ok, thanks, thats clear now.

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

raster;48985 wrote: You are looking at things in the wrong manner. Candida has two forms, the pathogenic and non-pathogenic forms. The non-pathogenic form is basically not something to worry about in my opinion because it’ll just be there and it will persist and live just fine with antifungals.

The pathogenic form though is what you should worry about and this is what causes disease and all of the symptoms.

Both types will be fed easily by the food you eat, candida diet or not, so they both will persist. If you killed all of the candida in your body you would die and its not possible to kill it all. However it is possible to kill all of the pathogenic candida or atleast most of it.

-raster

You are misinformed, Raster. As explained in “The Yeast Syndrome” by John Trowbridge, M.D., the two forms of Candida Albicans are the rounded, yeast form and the puncturing, mycelial form. In his published paper, “Tissue Injury Induced by Candida Albicans”, Orian Truss, M.D. explains that both forms excrete toxins. The rounded, yeast form has at least 78 toxins, while the mycelial form contains an extra 79th toxin that the yeast form does not.

The term pathogenic means capable of causing disease. When Candida Albicans exists in the gut only in small numbers, it is still producing toxins, but the quantity of those toxins is low enough that our immune system can easily cope with it; no symptoms are caused in the host. This is why Candida Albicans, when its numbers are controlled by the immune system and friendly flora, is sometimes referred to as a commensal organism. C. Albicans is deemed pathogenic when there is an overgrowth of it, and it is producing toxins in greater quantities than the human body can handle. C. Albicans can be pathogenic in either of its two forms. Trowbridge explains that when C. Albicans is happy and well fed it will grow rapidly and has no need to transform into its mycelial form. But when it is deprived of nutrients, for example, it goes into hyphae formation and will penetrate our cells looking for food.

Nystatin will kill both forms of C. Albicans. While we surely can’t kill every single yeast cell in the gut, the goal is to kill as much as possible, regardless of which form it’s in. We do not need C. Albicans in our gut to survive. It does not produce vitamins for us like some of the friendly flora does. I know that yeast is a saprophyte and can eat dead tissue, but the human body does not need C. Albicans for this purpose (our immune system eats our dead cells).

Hope this helps,
    CS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ironically, is it possible to kill off too much Candida and then have a different problem ?’ is closed to new replies.