Ionic foot bath treatment

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Ionic foot bath treatment

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Julia 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

I just returned from an alternative health care provided who highly recommended buying an ionic foot bath and doing that to help rid my body of heavy metal. Has anyone tried this? Is it a hoax? I don’t want to waste more time and money.
    Thanks!

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

I have done these in the past. I think the basic premise is the hot water helps open up pores in your feet while the ionic metal pulls out toxins through these pores. You will see alot of different colors in the water afterwards but I have no idea if these are toxins. The skeptics claim you can run the footbath without your feet in it and get the exact same colors.

I cant seem to find any literature verifying these actually work though. It seems a study where they examine the contents of the water for heavy metals would be simple enough to do but I dont see any studies supporting these claims.

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

Jereseib, Did you feel better after doing them?

jereseib79

I always did them as part of my massage therapy so its hard to tell if I felt better from the foot bath or massage. You can feel some kind of energy in your legs though when you are doing the footbath, probably from the electrical current.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

The colors that come out in the water claiming that those are toxins from the body is a bunch of quackery. What I noticed is the coils that are put into the water are being rusted out by the salt that is in the water. So while you think you are so called detoxing your feet you are also bathing in a nice pool of rust. Closely examine the coils after so many baths and you will see how rusted out they are. Ever notice the brown color that comes out in the tub resembles the same color as rust! Save your $$$

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

Hi there,
    My partner and I bought one of these ion detox foot soak tubes with coil. (approx 100$)…(used to pay 50$ each for treatments)I asked my natural path about it and she said “Well….let’s just say it wont hurt”. Doesn’t sound like she is a big believer in it.

So with that I keep an open mind. I don’t know that it is working but I also don’t feel it is hurting me in any way. The water does change colour…sometimes white and bubbly which is supposed to be yeast. It also has a very very foul smell sometimes. Sometimes rust coulor and sometimes flecks and black bits too.

It is interesting and I wish I knew more about why this reaction happens but for now I will just sit back, relax and enjoy by bi-weekly foot soak
    ; )

jereseib79

jameskep;41475 wrote: The colors that come out in the water claiming that those are toxins from the body is a bunch of quackery. What I noticed is the coils that are put into the water are being rusted out by the salt that is in the water. So while you think you are so called detoxing your feet you are also bathing in a nice pool of rust. Closely examine the coils after so many baths and you will see how rusted out they are. Ever notice the brown color that comes out in the tub resembles the same color as rust! Save your $$$

Im not 100% sold these actually work either, but rust in a matter of minutes? I dont know about that. Im not a chemist but I think it would take a little longer than 5 minutes in some salt water to produce that much rust.

Can anyone find any literature on these that they actually work? All you would need to do is send off the water to a lab to have it analyzed.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Do yourself a favor and examine the coils after so many treatments. I’ve done enough of those foot baths to actually see how rusted out the coils become after X amount of foot baths( I have my own machine+coils at home). I stopped doing them realizing that the rust was coming from the coils. All I know is I’m not going to soak my feet in a pool of rust. Ever notice that the rust has to be “scrubbed” from your feet and it “stains” pretty good. Sorry to say but sounds like rust to me. I don’t think that much brown gunk is going to be excreted(detoxed) from your feet–common sense. I’ve heard the black and green colors come from the paint(dye)on the coils. They are designed in a way to easily dissolve with salt+water. I could not believe how rusted out the coils looked after so many treatments..Pretty alarming.

Besides, Where and the heck would those kind of colors come from in your body???? What a bunch of quackery.

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

thanks for the info. I will go investigate my coils! : /

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ionic foot bath treatment’ is closed to new replies.