Inulin !!! Stop taking it !!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Inulin !!! Stop taking it !!!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  lmm 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Guys,
    Reading a post here, I found many of you are taking Inulin Powder. Please, stop doing it.

Inulin is a growing factor for most yeast species. All candida species metabolize it. I have read research papers about it in the past. Inulin is one of the worse thing because it goes straight to the colon where the biggest fungal concentration is. Inulin feeds bacteria but also yeast.

So, you are worried about eating half of an Apple but are taking Inulin. The yeast colonies are having a party with it. Inulin is used to produce alcohol after yeast fermentation and to enrich some kind of breads during yeast growing. I didn’t know many of you were taking it.

I hope this help you.

Jorge.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I did not know this dvjorge; I’ve been taking it throughout my treatment and have promoted its use. How much should I worry?

I guess I will stop its use for a bit and see if I notice improvement. I don’t use very much anymore which is good.

There was another thread about this at one time:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1904_Inulin-.aspx

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant

Raster,

There is nothing to be worried about. What you did is already done. Stop using it from now.

Raster, from that time, ( January 2012 ) when I posted about that, I have already read some research papers claiming yeast growth with Inulin. Later, I read more information from an Australian Lab that confirms all candida species metabolize it. Moreover, digging the web recently, I have found more information about yeast growing using Inulin as a media.

Since I began to learn about candida during 2008, there were experienced guys in Curezone that warned people about Inulin use during an intestinal fungal overgrowth. I am convinced now that it is fuel to the yeast and one of the worse since it goes undigested to the colon.

Jorge.

For instance, these abstracts mention how yeast species ferment Inulin.

Selection of yeast strains for ethanol production from inulin.
    Guiraud JP, Deville-Duc T, Galzy P.
    Abstract
    Of the many yeast species capable of fermenting inulin, some can produce sufficient amounts of ethanol from the substrate, in particular Kluyveromyces fragilis and Torulopsis colliculosa. The results indicate the feasibility of producing ethanol from inulin-rich plants, such as Jerusalem artichoke.

[Alcoholic fermentation of inulin by various strains of yeasts].
    [Article in French]
    Poncet S, Jacob FH, Berton MC, Couble A.
    Abstract
    Strains of fourteen species of yeasts able to ferment inulin without previous chemical or physical hydrolysis were studied on semi-synthetic medium by evaluation of CO2 production under anaerobic conditions. Among them, Kluyveromyces cicerisporus, Candida macedoniensis and Candida utilis showed the best kinetic characteristics of fermentation. Experiments were carried out to specify the action of different parameters such as temperature, pH and exogenous ethanol concentration. The results obtained on semi-synthetic medium were confirmed on Jerusalem artichoke juice. The optimal temperature for fermentation was 35 degrees C for the three strains, but K. cicerisporus alone conserved its fermentative capacity at 40 degrees C, at low pH (3.5) and with 6% (v/v) exogenous ethanol concentration. This strain appears to be a good yeast for industrial production of ethanol from inulin substrate.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I was just going to buy this damn OK thanks ! Ill have 2 look 4 sumthin else.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Interesting.

What does this mean for Onions and Chicory root?

Also,
    I’ve been taken Acacia Fiber for the last week. Any bad news for this?

again, thanks for posting helpful information.

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Interesting. About four weeks into the strict diet, I started drinking chicory root coffee. My cravings were awful. They abated very quickly after I stopped drinking it. My suspicion back then was that it was feeding the good and bad. I get the same difficult cravings if I go into a room that has a little bit of mould. I don’t think it’s coincidence.

How I miss real coffee!

Len

Jorge: check your pm’s! Thanks.

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

I have been selecting off strict diet that are Inulin sources, like onions, adding it to everything. Are you saying that eating through foods is harmful too, or just in supplement form?

I was taking a NOW Fiber 3 supplement (not daily) — golden flax meal, acacia and inulin (fos). Should I stop taking this?

I haven’t noticed any difference, taking and not taking.

raster
    Participant

Its a good leaky gut supplement and promotes BM’s but it doesn’t really do much else from my experience.

-raster

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i hope not i been adding onion to everything !

raster
    Participant

You need prebiotics on the diet to feed the beneficial bacteria in the gut, so I wouldn’t worry about food grade sources. Onions are also antifungal and do more than just be a prebiotic.

You just shouldn’t add the pure powder stuff to to your regimen…

Dvjorge did not say anything about not eating buckwheat, oat bran, etc. so don’t worry about the foods.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I hate the feel of panic this forum takes on every now and then, and I’ve never seen a situation when I didn’t think it was completely unnecessary.

Do we even know what Inulin and FOS are? In a word, fiber. FOS and Inulin are the fibers in the food we eat; they also feed viruses, fungi, yeasts, pathogens, and both good and bad bacteria. And they’re in a lot if not most of the foods we eat on the diet; the reason? To feed the beneficial because, as I keep repeating, if we don’t feed them, they’re just going to die out again you’ll never cure or even come close to curing your infestation.

The fungal yeast Candida albicans are so adaptable that you cannot avoid feeding them ‘something’ unless you yourself stop eating. Would they prefer a nice sugar coated donut? Of course they would, but if they need it bad enough, they’ll devour anything that comes within reach of their cells. During my own infestation, I remember thinking once that the critters would probably eat dirt if that’s all I gave them.

Let’s look at the real point here; when we go on the Candida diet (which is full of Inulin and FOS), we experience die-off, and over time even as we continue eating the foods that contain inulin, the symptoms continue to improve as long as we’re following the protocol and diet. That’s the bottom line.

The foods below are on the strict diet, and all contain either inulin or FOS.

Asparagus
    Broccoli
    Leeks
    Onions
    Chicory coffee and chicory root
    Yucca root
    Garlic
    Artichokes
    Oat bran
    Buckwheat
    Rice bran flour
    Most Stevia brands contain inulin.

I’m sure there are others. Basically, if a food contains healthy fibers, then to one degree or another, it contains either inulin or FOS.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant

raster;38086 wrote: You need prebiotics on the diet to feed the beneficial bacteria in the gut, so I wouldn’t worry about food grade sources. Onions are also antifungal and do more than just be a prebiotic.

You just shouldn’t add the pure powder stuff to to your regimen…

Dvjorge did not say anything about not eating buckwheat, oat bran, etc. so don’t worry about the foods.

-raster

That is the point, Raster. Don’t add the pure powder to your food.

Food that contain Inulin can not be avoided and probably don’t have a considerable negative impact to the treatment.

Jorge.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Shit, the miracle fiber really seemed to be helping my leaky gut, it seemed.

Also, since when is yucca root on the strict diet?? I thought there was a post about this and it was decided it was too starchy or something?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

alexalgebra;38109 wrote: Also, since when is yucca root on the strict diet?? I thought there was a post about this and it was decided it was too starchy or something?

Sorry, Alex. I was talking the yucca root herb and should have typed “protocol” instead of “diet” … my mistake. Yucca root herb is in the “Supplements” section of the protocol and used as a prebiotic.

Thanks, Able

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Awww man! Got me all excited for nothin’…haha.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Inulin !!! Stop taking it !!!’ is closed to new replies.