Introducing new foods and falling asleep

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Introducing new foods and falling asleep

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Tommo
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 10

Can anyone offer any advice, I have been on the diet for 5 months now and not cheated at all, I thought I should introduce some fruit but it makes me so ill I cannot tolerate it at all. Have been doing the diet too long and my body now wont take any sugar or am i just not ready yet?
    Also i keep falling asleep after food sort of sleep you cannot wake up from anyone any ideas?

Many Thanks L

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to heal leaky gut and the diet alone won’t kill all of the candida or cure you. What supplements are you taking?

I have been able to introduce fruit in large amounts at about the 1 year point, so you will need more time. I was able to eat a some apples occasionally at the 6-9 month point, but I have been taking a lot of supplements.

-raster

Tommo

Hi Raster

Thanks for getting back to me, I have been taking caprilic acid but whenever i take one it takes me a week to get over the die off I cannot take molybdendum as I have a really bad allergic reaction so have epsom salt baths to ease the die off milk thistle and dandillion root coffee. I also take garlic oil and probiotics as well. I have the benefit of a hyperbaric chamber which i go to once every two weeks that gives me die off also..
    I also take vit c, multivitamins and a high strength omega 3 oil..

I was reading another thread tonight tho and i have still been eating wheat bad advice from another book so have pm’d able900 for the stricter diet am wondering if i have a wheat intolerance as i keep falling asleep after having it..

raster
    Participant

So it sounds like you have a few problems. One is that you are not protecting the liver enough because you get debilitating die-off. This can be prevented if you take liver support supplements such as molybdenum, milk thistle, and many more products. I’d also consider trying out SF722 which seems to cause less die-off when compared to other antifungals people have mentioned on the forum. You should be long over die-off at the 5 month mark; for me it lasted about 2 weeks; I didn’t take molybdenum either. Are you sweating out the toxins via a steam room, sauna, hot tub, or jacuzzi? This alone will reduce die-off…

The second issue is it sounds like you are not eating a strict enough diet and continuing to eat grains such as wheat. Please list your current diet if possible. If you are eating grains still, you basically won’t be making much progress because you need to have a strict diet in order to feed candida as little as possible.

You also won’t find a cure if you are not taking any probiotics. Probiotics are the single most important thing you need to get better and this will change the flora of your gut. The diet alone won’t change the flora of your gut…you’ve lost your gut flora and you need to introduce some new flora.

Prebiotic foods/supplements will then feed the probiotics allowing the good flora in your gut to thrive. Are you eating any prebiotic foods?

Have you seen our forum protocol?

Can you afford a naturopathic doctor who can heal you faster than the diet itself? You may want to consult one so that you get healthier faster…it sounds like you haven’t made much progress while on the diet in my opinion.

-raster

Tommo

I have been following EW’S book in the uk and it allows for all of the following.

Potatoes
    all veg
    rice milk, soya milk
    natural yoghurt
    wholemeal flour
    berries ( although i don’t take these they make me ill)
    all natural meat except pork
    all nuts and seeds except peanuts
    oats
    buckwheat flour
    olive oil and coconut oil
    Goats butter and goats milk

I do have go to the steam room when I can but only about once a week, I try to take the probiotics but they make me really ill also so don’t normally manage them more than once a week along with the caprilic.

Have you seen our forum protocol? No sorry the site is so huge its hard finding things..Will read now if I can find it.

Can you afford a naturopathic doctor who can heal you faster than the diet itself? I have spoken to a few that are around here and non have experience with candida one even asked me what candida was so have not taken that any further.

Tommo

Cannot seem to find a list of foods and the full protocol o:( plenty of posts but no actual list..

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Tommo;29511 wrote: Cannot seem to find a list of foods and the full protocol o:( plenty of posts but no actual list..

What you’ve been doing is revolving in a continuous cycle of destroying the Candida and then feeding them to allow them to multiply and grow in your body again. You will never cure your Candida overgrowth in this manner as it is simply impossible to do so.

If it takes you a week to get over the die-off effects of Caprylic acid, then you still have a very strong and large Candida infestation in your body, and you should not be adding any new foods yet. Caprylic acid is a fairly weak antifungal compared to some.

Read our protocol (below), and afterwards if you decide to start a diet which will limit food for the Candida in your body, just send a private message to me on the forum.

The Protocol

Let us know if you have questions about the protocol or diet.
    Able

Tommo

The link to the protocol doesn’t work

Tommo

I will happily try anything suggested I have sent you an email, thanks for all your support and advice..
    One last question my preboitic contains psyllium husk as its a grain is this still ok to take?

Thanks again

Leigh

Tommo

I also have to take iron suppliments because I am anemic would they be detrimental if candida needs iron?

raster
    Participant

Here try it again tommo:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Its up to you whether to consume psyllium; used in small amounts it shouldn’t bring much harm.

Iron should be fine because without you probably would feel like crap. You might want to consider eating meat as an alternative but I am no doctor.

Your diet is basically a stage 3 diet and you need to do a stage 1 diet. Stage 1/2 would not include things such as rice/soy milk, potatoes, grains, beef, nuts/seeds, oats, and goats milk.

Its alright because I basically did stage 3 before stage 1 as well for about 3 months. I could tell it wasn’t working so thats when I came to the forum. Able set me straight and I’ve been here ever since. I’ve been learning on my own so I try to share from my experience and knowledge as well as being on the forum for over a year.

A better antifungal for you might be SF722 undeceonic acid like I said, it likely will be more effective and cause less die-off.

-raster

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Introducing new foods and falling asleep’ is closed to new replies.