Introducing a new baking flour: TEFF Flour!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Introducing a new baking flour: TEFF Flour!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

“Teff (Tef, T’ef) Flour is a pleasingly light, uniquely flavored, whole grain flour. Due to Teff’s size, it is almost impossible to grind in your home mill.
    Ethiopians make a flat crepe-like bread called injera from teff flour. Substitute teff for about a fourth of the all-purpose flour called for in your favorite baked goods recipe to add an appealing taste and added nutrition.”
    http://www.bobsredmill.com/teff-flour.html

Being high in dietary fiber and iron and providing protein and calcium. Some people consider it to have a sour taste. (This might be because it is often eaten fermented). It is similar to millet and quinoa in cooking, but the seed is much smaller, and cooks faster thus using less fuel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eragrostis_tef

However, the price shown is outrageous! I just paid like $8.99 for it.

-Raster

winemom
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 45

Thank you for sharing roster!! I just bought some oat bran and wanted to make oat muffins – its with skim milk but ill put almond milk and has 1/3 cup honey – do you think thats ok?? I seem to have no symptoms at the moment

soldia4
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 27

No honey. Stevia is your alternative. But there’s no way you’re on phase 2 or 3 yet!? Let’s accept we aren’t going to be making muffins for awhile. We can do it! P.S. Teff’s awesome! Can’t wait.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Thanks Raster but I’m struggling to find Teff here and I can’t order off most US sites. Have 1 more store to try…

raster
    Participant

Bumping post!

ChinUp
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 24

I just noticed that this isn’t included on the stricter diet anymore. Do you know what the reasoning behind the removal is?

raster
    Participant

Able controls and owns the strict diet so I don’t know why its not on there. You don’t have to completely follow his list either btw; I look at it as more of a guideline or base of foods to eat on the diet.

-raster

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I’ve been eating teff for over a month with no ill effects.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

ChinUp;39812 wrote: I just noticed that this isn’t included on the stricter diet anymore. Do you know what the reasoning behind the removal is?

I had ordered some teff flour a couple of months ago. I made teff pancakes and teff bread, but I really found I had a problem with the teff. It caused me to lose my self control and want to eat too much of it. I never had this same problem when using oat bran or coconut flour. I tried using the teff a few times and every time it was like I was unleashing the candida beast. I have been avoiding teff completely now.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster;39817 wrote: Able controls and owns the strict diet so I don’t know why its not on there. You don’t have to completely follow his list either btw; I look at it as more of a guideline or base of foods to eat on the diet.

I understand this is your opinion, but to clarify, the diet was not designed as a ‘guidline’ or ‘base of foods’ – it’s exactly what it’s called,
    a strict Candida diet.

As I stated in the thread below, use it, don’t use it, teff is the same as any other food that’s not on the diet, it’s an individual’s decision
    and not mine or Raster’s.

Teff Flour No Longer Allowed?

Able

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Introducing a new baking flour: TEFF Flour!’ is closed to new replies.