intolerant to coconut!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions intolerant to coconut!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lockie86 5 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Ahhh Jeez, making slow progress and just had a food intolerance test and one of the key foods I’m intolerant to is coconut.

The immediate impact for me is on bread, and on the buckwheat granola, which is made with coconut oil.

Oh man any ideas on what to replace it with that’s OK on the plan?

Feeling in a right pickle now! Also intolerant to avocado which was another staple part of my diet.

Any ideas hugely welcome!

Many thanks,

Mark
    UK

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Just for clarity, what are your intolerance-symptoms?

My first experience with coconut oil was that my throat felt like it was closing a little and it was hard to breathe.
    This made my heart race, as anything which affects my throat sometimes sets me off.
    This was after 1/4 tsp.

I knew I wasnt allergic, so I was stubborn,and kept ingesting it.

Im up to 3+ full tsp a day, and its one of my only 2 antifungals I take now.

I mention this because some of us have taken the intolerance tests only to find out we are no longer intolerant just a few months later (this happened to me). It was annoying for me to have paid for a test for an issue that would resolve itself eventually on its own. I guess money is my hot-button,lol.

Anyway,olive oil is acceptable. Earth Balance spread is olive oil and flax 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Unless you have symptoms I generally wouldn’t worry about it too much…try out a teff/buckwheat bread.

-raster

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks all, not sure what my symptoms are really, I’ve had die off for so long it’s hard to distinguish what/how something makes me feel bad.

I did an intolenance test and lots of the food I eat scored highly!

If anyone has any recipes for non-coconut bread that’s good on the plan that would be super cool!

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

lockie86;55648 wrote: Ahhh Jeez, making slow progress and just had a food intolerance test and one of the key foods I’m intolerant to is coconut.

The immediate impact for me is on bread, and on the buckwheat granola, which is made with coconut oil.

Oh man any ideas on what to replace it with that’s OK on the plan?

Feeling in a right pickle now! Also intolerant to avocado which was another staple part of my diet.

Any ideas hugely welcome!

Many thanks,

Mark
    UK

Which test did you take exactly?

Skin scratch test ,Blood IgG, etc…?

This is important.

-D

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My naturopath recommends eating certain foods you are allergic to in small amounts to slowly get over the allergies.

Additionally, this is also why I recommend a food rotation diet so you don’t consume the same thing over and over again. The yeast won’t adapt to your diet very well if you rotate.

Relating to this, its completely possible the yeast adapted to your diet and this could be why you are intolerant.

-raster

lockie86
    Participant

hi danny it was a hair test done here:

http://allergytesting.info/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘intolerant to coconut!’ is closed to new replies.