Intestinal reservoir and genital candidiasis

Home The Candida Forum Candida Research Intestinal reservoir and genital candidiasis

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I have collected more than 250 medical studies about candida. I will bring some of them to help people understand and overcome this syndrome.

Recurrent vaginal candidiasis. Importance of an intestinal reservoir.
    Miles MR, Olsen L, Rogers A.
    Abstract
    To test the hypothesis that all cases of vaginal candidiasis are associated with a “reservoir” of this organism in the bowel, paired specimens of feces and vaginal material were cultured for Candida albicans simultaneously. Ninety-eight young women who complained of recurrent vaginitis were selected in sequence. The results showed that if C albicans was cultured from the vagina, it was always found in the stool. Conversely, if it was not isolated from the stool, it was never found in the vagina. These data are presented as an explanation for the recurrent nature of Candida vaginitis, and thus a cure of vaginitis would not be possible without prior eradication of C albicans from the gut. The gut-reservoir concept may well apply to other forms of candidiasis.
    PMID: 333134 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]

Jorge.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

dvjorge;56393 wrote: I have collected more than 250 medical studies about candida. I will bring some of them to help people understand and overcome this syndrome.

Abstract
    To test the hypothesis that all cases of vaginal candidiasis are associated with a “reservoir” of this organism in the bowel, paired specimens of feces and vaginal material were cultured for Candida albicans simultaneously. Ninety-eight young women who complained of recurrent vaginitis were selected in sequence. The results showed that if C albicans was cultured from the vagina, it was always found in the stool. Conversely, if it was not isolated from the stool, it was never found in the vagina. These data are presented as an explanation for the recurrent nature of Candida vaginitis, and thus a cure of vaginitis would not be possible without prior eradication of C albicans from the gut. The gut-reservoir concept may well apply to other forms of candidiasis.

Jorge.

Jorge,

This is great, thanks for the post.
    I have read dozens of stories from women on the forums that mirror this exactly.
    They don’t get relief from chronic vaginal yeast infections until the intestines are addressed (diet, oral anti-fungals, pro-biotics, etc.).

-D

dvjorge
    Participant

Danny33;56422 wrote:

I have collected more than 250 medical studies about candida. I will bring some of them to help people understand and overcome this syndrome.

Abstract

Jorge.

Jorge,

This is great, thanks for the post.
    I have read dozens of stories from women on the forums that mirror this exactly.
    They don’t get relief from chronic vaginal yeast infections until the intestines are addressed (diet, oral anti-fungals, pro-biotics, etc.).

-D

Danny,

This study proofs candida albicans metabolites produced in the intestines maneuver the immune system. It is the intestinal presence what depresses cell-mediated immunity allowing candida to flourish on other mucosal body parts.

When the intestinal overgrowth is eliminated, an spontaneous immune restoration occurs and other candida focus disappear.

Jorge.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Sounds very logical. I have athlete’s foot that is slowly improving. So I guess it applies to all external yeast infections.

dvjorge
    Participant

TheChosenOne;56436 wrote: Sounds very logical. I have athlete’s foot that is slowly improving. So I guess it applies to all external yeast infections.

Yes, it does. You will gain immune competence against candida albicans one time less colonies habit the intestines.

Jorge.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Intestinal reservoir and genital candidiasis’ is closed to new replies.