Insomnia Issues

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Insomnia Issues

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alexisMCA 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

alexisMCA
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 33

I am generally able to sleep at least 6 hours per night. But since I started the anti-candida changes I am not sleeping well. Any advice or tips for sleep? I like tea so going to try to use some teas but any other advice greatly appreciated.

If this is a die-off detox symptom I am sure it can be withdrawal of the body not having the sugar or as much caffeine.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!
    -Alexis

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

If you feel worse in your new diet, maybe it’s not the right diet for you. You will need to find something that works for you. That is what I am trying to do.

alexisMCA
    Participant

Agree! There will be some adjustments changing from no lentils, no brown rice, no gluten free chips, beef/turkey jerky all of that I was eating and I know the changes are part of the problem. I also read on bodyecology site I use the cocobiotic product and love it, that there is a sleep pattern for when the liver is taxed or trying to detox from the candida and that is at night so it does affect sleep and part of the die-off detox candida process. I figure I am on day 19 of the diet and after giving it 2 months of strict attention and my liver support I will see where I am and adjust.

It is evident the symptoms that are part of the candida line up are part of what I was/am experiencing so it is a matter of finding the solution.

I cut off all anti-fungals and probiotic other than a drink I like with kumbacha and only doing that 1 every other week or 1x per month and my cocobiotic everday. See where I am.

Thanks for input.

FishaOfMen
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 29

Just want to make sure, are you saying that you’re not taking any antifungals or probiotics? If so, it is very, very likely your candida problem will not clear up. Perhaps you plan on introducing them soon. …If you get the chance, you can message me on Facebook (Drew Kondo) and I’ll send you some information that will help.

As for insomnia, mine got worse after starting the strict candida diet but has gotten a little better over time. Insomnia is often a part of suffering from candida.

alexisMCA
    Participant

Hi Drew I think I messaged you but may be not. Realtor? If not, someone got the message LOL

Where I am now: Day 19 of a lifetime ahead of anti-candida and being healthy!

I have stopped the anti-fungals and the probiotic because I was having such bad die-off thought may be that my liver needed the rest. I am having the chills today just came on but I am hot at the same time and insomnia just began nothing I cannot – overcome but need the rest I am studying for state bar and need it to heal as well I know ; )

My routine: I am drinking nettle leaf tea, dandelion tea, peppermint tea and eating the strict ant-candida diet. The probiotic that I was taking was the VSL3 sachet I had one packet way too much for me 450 billion cultures at one shot so too big. Tried taking it in small tea spoon dose 1 per day but that too seemed to much. I have the nature made 20 billion per cap that I am going to take now with food.

I have caprylic and was taking that for over a year regularly and stopped along with the garlic capsules I have those too and was mixing in the vitamix 1 clove garlic and some fresh ginger along with greens and such but stopped the garlic and ginger because of die-off dextox symptoms.

Anyway your input appreciated Thank you!

FishaOfMen
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 29

I’m a Realtor, but I didn’t get your message. Are you sure it sent? I’m the one with a profile pic of my wife, my mother, and me (in a tie).

Good thinking on stopping the antifungals and probiotics due to die-off. It sounds like you’ll eventually reintroduce them.

The nettle tea and dandelion are good for helping with the die-off. They’re fairly mild, though. Using a sauna or hot baths to sweat out toxins is a complete must in my opinion (and many others). I do hot baths or the sauna 3 times a week without fail. Molybdenum is also really good for removing toxins. I’ve heard a couple people say that it robs your body of minerals, but I haven’t found anything on the internet to confirm this. I think I’d be more concerned if I was female since osteoporosis can become an issue later in life.

alexisMCA
    Participant

I messaged you on fb it goes in to the other messages folder since we are not friends LOL so check that. Anyway, thank you! Yes I am doing the showers hot/cold and ordered the molybdenum I should have it soon. I read some people take it 3x per day? What is a suggested starting dose do you think? (opinion I understand you are not a doctor etc) just words of wisdom on that because I don’t want to take something that may make die-off detox symptoms flare.

Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Insomnia Issues’ is closed to new replies.