In Terrible Need of Support.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions In Terrible Need of Support.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #74189

    CandiGirl
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

    This is just my second post. I woke up feeling so depressed this morning. Thinking about joining OA (Overeaters Anonymous) for help. They believe in no flour/no sugar and I could get a sponsor. I’ve decided that I won’t be socializing anymore because I always give in to temptation. My friends and family really don’t get how serious or how difficult this is for me. My therapist thinks this is a bad idea as I suffer from depression along with everything else and thinks it’s just a way for me to isolate myself. My husband just left for the day. I packed all of his snacks in a bag and had him take them with him. Don’t want to repeat the binge I went on last night. *sigh* I’m actually quite miserable. Some advise/suggestions, would be so appreciated right now.

    #74190

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    CandiGirl wrote: This is just my second post. I woke up feeling so depressed this morning. Thinking about joining OA (Overeaters Anonymous) for help. They believe in no flour/no sugar and I could get a sponsor. I’ve decided that I won’t be socializing anymore because I always give in to temptation. My friends and family really don’t get how serious or how difficult this is for me. My therapist thinks this is a bad idea as I suffer from depression along with everything else and thinks it’s just a way for me to isolate myself. My husband just left for the day. I packed all of his snacks in a bag and had him take them with him. Don’t want to repeat the binge I went on last night. *sigh* I’m actually quite miserable. Some advise/suggestions, would be so appreciated right now.

    Hi CandiGirl, overating on sugar could be a sign of a candida infestation but then again it might not be. So is depression. A candida infestation can really mess you up in this that you are addictive to sugar, which you are actually not but the candida is and the fungus is craving. It would be paramount for you to figure out if you have candida or not. If you have we are here to help you and if you have other issues that you are overeating because of psychological reason I would suggest that you see a therapist or if you dont have money for that work with mindfulness to deal with your relationship to food.

    A very good way to work with your depression in any case and with overeating is the “Work” from Byron Katie. Her work and teaching will open and wonderful world of freedom for a troubled mind. You find her for free on youtube and can watch how she is working with other people on all issues. Highly I recommend her book.

    Loving what is.
    http://www.amazon.com/Loving-What-Four-Questions-Change/dp/1400045371/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330177951&sr=8-1

    your
    Thomas

    #74207

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    CandiGirl wrote: I woke up feeling so depressed this morning. Thinking about joining OA (Overeaters Anonymous) for help.

    If you need support to avoid feeling ‘alone’ in this, then OA can probably help in that area. But don’t go into the meeting expecting that anyone there is going to “cure” your overeating problem. No one is going to do that because that’s your responsibility and you’re the only one who can make ‘you’ stop overeating.
    I can tell you that, if you’ll force yourself to forgo sugar and all simple carbohydrates for three to five days, it will become easier to resist those sugar and carb products.

    Have you read the diet on the forum and the protocol that members use? If not, you should.

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

    Able

    #74218

    CandiGirl
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

    A candida infestation can really mess you up in this that you are addictive to sugar, which you are actually not but the candida is and the fungus is craving. It would be paramount for you to figure out if you have candida or not. relationship to food.

    That makes so much sense! The Candida is addicted to sugar not me. I definitely have Candida. I’ve been tested more than once and I have it severely. It’s all over my body, even in my brain. I do the diet for a while and drift back to old ways and it comes back attacking stronger every time. I guess I have to accept the fact that certain foods have to be removed from my diet forever if I want my health back.

    … if you have other issues that you are overeating because of psychological reason I would suggest that you see a therapist or if you dont have money for that work with mindfulness to deal with your A very good way to work with your depression in any case and with overeating is the “Work” from Byron Katie. Her work and teaching will open and wonderful world of freedom for a troubled mind. You find her for free on youtube and can watch how she is working with other people on all issues. Highly I recommend her book.

    I’m NOT an over eater. (I’m only slightly overweight right now because of the Candida) I thought OA would be good for me only because people there understand the sugar addiction and it would be a great place for me to socialize as I’ve decided that I’m no longer going out with my friends. It’s way to difficult watching them eat (and drink) all the things I can’t. I actually do see a therapist but not for overeating. As I mentioned in my first post (that I’m gathering you didn’t get to read) on this forum I’ve been diagnosed with Fibromyagia, Chronic Fatigue, Anxiety/Depression AND Candida. I actually have two of Byron Katie’s Books. I love her! Excellent reads.

    I appreciate your help, Thomas. Thanks very much.

    #74219

    CandiGirl
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

    If you need support to avoid feeling ‘alone’ in this, then OA can probably help in that area. But don’t go into the meeting expecting that anyone there is going to “cure” your overeating problem. No one is going to do that because that’s your responsibility and you’re the only one who can make ‘you’ stop overeating.

    Just thinking that because this group understands the sugar addiction that it was be a great place for me to socialize. I’m not an over eater. For the record, I do accept responsibility. That’s why I’m here. I was hoping for some encouragement and support as I heal myself. It’s been very difficult trying to do this alone.

    I can tell you that, if you’ll force yourself to forgo sugar and all simple carbohydrates for three to five days, it will become easier to resist those sugar and carb products.

    I’m guessing that you didn’t read my first post on this forum yesterday! I did well for 5 days and then came home and binged on chocolate cookies that my husband had in the cupboard. I was so disappointed in myself… Hence, feeling depressed this morning.

    Thank you, Able. I guess.

    #74226

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    I’m guessing that you didn’t read my first post on this forum yesterday! I did well for 5 days and then came home and binged on chocolate cookies that my husband had in the cupboard. I was so disappointed in myself… Hence, feeling depressed this morning.

    I read both of your posts before I answered the third one. Nothing about the first one stopped me from writing what I did. There’s scientific evidence showing that carbs are addictive, and abstaining from them is the only way to break the addiction. I don’t know why you had to ‘binge’ on chocolate, that’s between you and the chocolate I guess, but your binge had nothing to do with scientific facts.

    Thank you, Able. I guess.

    My God, what exactly do you want from us; I guess? “Support” – yes, I know. What do you consider ‘support’ to be? Support on an Internet forum normally amounts to ‘listening’ and answering questions if possible
    So sorry, I’ll be sure not to waste your time again with my unneeded and apparently useless information.

    #74228

    CandiGirl
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

    So sorry, I’ll be sure not to waste your time again with my unneeded and apparently useless information.

    WOW. Seriously? That’s not it at all. You already know that you have the knowledge about Candida that many people are seeking, myself included. I just don’t feel that you were very kind or loving in your approach. I’m very ill and I’m doing the best I can.

    My God, what exactly do you want from us; I guess? “Support” – yes, I know. What do you consider ‘support’ to be? Support on an Internet forum normally amounts to ‘listening’ and answering questions if possible

    It’s not what you say it’s how you say it. You don’t know what I’m going through or how fragile I am at this time. What do I expect from the expert? Patience, gentleness and insight.

    #74229

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    CandiGirl wrote:

    So sorry, I’ll be sure not to waste your time again with my unneeded and apparently useless information.

    WOW. Seriously? That’s not it at all. You already know that you have the knowledge about Candida that many people are seeking, myself included. I just don’t feel you were very kind or loving in your approach. I’m very ill and I’m doing the best I can.

    CandiGirl, the forum is full of very ill people and everyone is struggling. Despite their terrible state people will stretch out their hands and help you with advice. Love is looking away from yourself seeing your brother.

    You dont do that. You see yourself and only yourself, that could be a reason why your feel depressed.

    Look away from yourself and you will see that Able, despite the fact that he is healed by his own knowledge, stepped aside and stayed here for over a year to help everybody, everyday. That is love. Love are not words but deeds! Open the eyes of your heard and I hope you will apologise to him and people who want to help you with advice.
    Have you not ask yourself why should these forum people help me? Able could spend time with his family. And the rest of us could look at our own suffering and bellybuttons. Why should we spend time with and for you?

    That is love!

    Please open your eyes and see! Than you will experience it in your heard too and depression will vanish for you.

    yours
    Thomas

    #74230

    wishnhope
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

    Thomas wrote: And the rest of us could look at our own suffering and bellybuttons.

    this made me giggle, Thomas.. Thanks for that!

    #74234

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Thomas, no wonder we all love you, man. Thanks, my friend.

    Thomas wrote: And the rest of us could look at our own suffering and bellybuttons.

    Well, I didn’t giggle, but I sure as shootin’ laughed right out loud. Good grief man, I don’t know which I see you as most, a preacher-man or a comedian. But I bet you’d be great at both!

    Thanks again, Able

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘In Terrible Need of Support.’ is closed to new replies.