In need of some motivation?!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions In need of some motivation?!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BenjiRixon 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

t-bear
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

I’ve been on Phase 0 for not even a month now and can’t seem to get my eating under control. My sugar and carb cravings are through the roof and I have no self control. All along knowing that If I eat those things it defeats the purpose. I am splurging on Gluten free products but I’m sure that doesn’t matter with the sugar thats in it. I feel like giving up, I’m so frustrated and so overwhelmed. Not to mention I’m gaining weight!!! Everyone talks about how much weight they have lost and of course I’d be the one to gain. I’m doomed. Ahhhhh! one month down and 12 more to go, if I’m lucky.

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

Hello tbear,

Phase 0? I take it that’s the detox drinks etc before stadge one diet?

I personally don’t look at the site as quite a bit of it is outdated and there’s much more info on the forum side and they key to the cure from real people who have are actually symptom free. If your not already, go straight to stage one diet, otherwise you’ll be prolonging your treatment.

I’ve never had to diet before as I’ve always been in good shape and could always eat what I wanted while others gained weight etc and yes it’s a very very hard diet. But the way I went about it was to buy all the supplements I needed and go do a big food shop for the food I could eat then start it. It’s a lot easier to stick to and have no excuse when everything is there in front of you. The first few days/week is hardest as you crave various things and have withdrawals etc but once you get past this you start feeling a lot better with plenty of energy and a general feeling of well being and that’s what kept me going. Then as the weeks go by you cross the point of no return as in you can’t go back and ruin all your hard work and feel like crap coz you’ve come to far. Another thing I used to do was listen to hypnotherapy, as in just general positive thought ones and they helped me stay positive and motivated in the early stages.

Hope this helps

Benji

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

t-bear wrote: I’ve been on Phase 0 for not even a month now and can’t seem to get my eating under control. My sugar and carb cravings are through the roof and I have no self control.

Like Benji, I have no idea what ‘phase 0’ is unless it’s the detox period which you’re obviously not adhering to considering all the sugar you’re having.

Unless there is a physical problem such as a chemical imbalance present, there’s really only one reason that a person gains weight; that’s the fact that they are consuming more calories than they are using on a daily basis. You’re right, most if not all of the people who remain strictly on a good diet (whether it’s the Candida diet or not) will not gain weight, but either lose or stay the same depending on the body’s need.

The reason that your ‘sugar and carb cravings are through the roof’ is because you’re still consuming these things and feeding the Candida, therefore they’re demanding more and more as the infestation multiplies to larger numbers, which is what you are continually allowing. This is only going to prolong your treatment period and cause addition problems eventually, such as Leaky Gut Syndrome, a damaged immune system, and new allergies among others. If you stop eating these things, your body will adapt to the new way of eating, and as the Candida die out, the cravings will lessen.

You say that you’re frustrated and overwhelmed. Try to keep in mind that every single person that has started the treatment felt exactly that way in the beginning, yet their health was more important than a sugar treat.

The treatment is not about will power at all, it’s about a decision; that being whether you wish to be healthy or only to worsen your problems each day. It’s about being aware that each bite of carbohydrate or sugar product you consume is adding to your health problems.

Able

t-bear
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Thanks guys! Sorry Phase 0 for me is a detox, guess I should have elaborated. I’m working with a nutritionist and that’s what he calls it. Anyway my health is very important to me, but it doesnt make it any easier. You guys seem to be real pros at this by now, but me on the other hand, its still a daily struggle. I feel very isolated and alone in this process…guess thats why I’m here.
    thanks for the input.
    tbear

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

myself am no pro at this lol ! theres way too much info to take in all at once and just takes time to get your head around what you have to do to beat it. i failed the first time around due to mis information (from a nutritonalist), eating stuff i thought i was allowed, and lack of knowing what food options were available to me at the different stages.

This time around thanks to mainly Able and a lot of research im 100% fully clued up on what a need to do and how to go about it.

all the best

Benji

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘In need of some motivation?!!’ is closed to new replies.