In need of advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions In need of advice

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  weyn 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

weyn
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 33

Hello,

I’m new to this forum and I feel like I need some advice, or a lot of advice actually.
    The thing is that I didn’t find this forum until two days ago. However, I did find thecandidadiet.com earlier, so my plan was actually to just follow the directions there.
    I probably misunderstood a lot on the page, but I decided to get the candida out the tough way and I ordered bentonite clay and p-husk. I even started using them.
    The day night of my first day on the cleanse I discovered this forum and read a lot that night and the day after. I did read the protocol which gave a lot of relief since drinking the clay&husk drink felt really disgusting. But now, I’m not really sure what to do.

I know that it is not really possible to give specific advice on how long things will take etc.

But what I’m wondering is:

– How should I continue the cleanse? So far this has been my diet:
    day 1: the 7 day colon cleanse on the webpage..detox drink, broth soup, detox drink, broth soup, detox drink, liver flush.
    day 2: lemon drink (as in the protocol),
    cabbage with lettuce, lemon, evoo, garlic. And some cucumber.
    the bentonite clay & phusk-drink
    cabbage with some aubergine, green beans, lemon, garlic, evoo, lettuce
    lemon drink
    Day 3 just started, but I started with the lemon drink and then later I had some cabbage and aubergine again with broccoli ginger, evoo, garlic and cumin.

– I haven’t been feeling so great, but it seems like this is expected. The nights have been the worst. First day I woke up in the middle of the night and felt burning, with some muscle pain and my heart was beating like crazy.
    Second night was a bit better, but again I woke up burning and with this bad pain in the legs and just all around. Heart was beating again, but not as severe as the first night.
    Is this the die-off happening already?

So about die-off. When I read on the webpage I really misunderstood when it came to this. I thought that the die-off wasn’t so bad and that the Molybdenum was just optional for sensitive people. And since I’m a student with limited amount of money, I thought that not buying that one was a good way to save some money. Later when reading on the forum I realized that it wasn’t good to skip that stuff at all, so I have ordered it now. But since I had to order it from the US, it will probably take about a week until I get it.
    What to do? I will get nettle tea and some other detoxteas today, as shown on the webpage that Able linked to in a message. I took a bath last night and since it felt beneficial, I will probably take one today too.

– The next subject is about weight. I lost some weight some years ago and I’ve been trying to gain with no result. So now I feel scared that I will loose weight by doing this diet. What could I do to gain weight?
    I saw somewhere that Able gave the advice to eat organic eggs. Since my experience says that a diet with a lot of protein will help me gain weight it seems very attractive to start eating eggs. But at the same time, I do want to loose the candida in the most effective way. So will eggs slow down the result?
    I have ordered coconut flour and teff flour and I will make the bread/muffins according to the recipe in the forum. But I shouldn’t start eating that yet, should I?
    Oh and I can see that I seem a bit obsessed with the idea of getting rid of the candida as fast as possible, but I am very aware that this is a long process. But of course, still I want to do this in the best way possible for the process to be as fast as possible, but without damaging my body..

– So what next? My plan is to continue with the cleanse for four more days ( so I’ll do a week in total). And during the cleanse, as you can see, I’ve already started to add some things from the strict diet since I felt so bad the first day/night.
    So how long until I start adding the probiotics?
    And as I’ve interpreted, I should take the probiotics for about a week and then start with antifungals. Is this correct?

Since I can’t get everything on the lists, I’ve ordered coconut oil and grapefruit seed extract to use as antifungals. I will also use garlic.
    For probiotics, I really can’t afford getting the pills/capsules etc, so my plan is to make homemade yogurt from a yogurt they have here which contains Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium. Moreover, I will also use sauerkraut. Would this be enough? And how much of these do I need to eat to get the recommended dose?

Thank you!

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Hi weyn, welcome.

Hopefully I can answer some of your questions below.

I physically could not do the cleanse so I can’t comment on that – hopefully someone else can help here.

RE not feeling so great, yes there is a good chance this is die off. It will get better with time, but you need the Molybdenum asap, it’s not really an optional mineral. It really does help and protect the liver. Where are you from? I can make some recommendations as to where to purchase your supplements.

RE losing weight – at the start of this diet you will loose weight I’m afraid, it’s pretty hard to keep it on, but with that being said I eat a lot of eggs a day for my protein and have been putting back on weight the last few days. I also now have the energy to go back to the gym a number of times a week and with all this protein I am eating I am sizing up quite nicely again!

Don’t start eating the coconut flour or teff flour yet – especially teff which is a test item to try in another few weeks. Once you are on the normal/stage 1 diet for two weeks I could make some coconut bread and try a slice of that, don’t go too mad as you won’t be sure what your reaction will be like.

RE Probiotics – start these two weeks after you start the stage 1 diet see this post, it should help a lot.

weyn

So I would love to hear more about what you did? Did you go straight on the strict diet? How long have you been doing this? And what about the results? I do feel like the cleansing is a bit too much, but at the same time I do want to do this the best way possible. I started getting my problems about 10 years ago, so although the cleanse is harder, if it is more effective, I still feel like it’s worth it. As long as it doesn’t hurt my body too much or make me to skinny..

RE not feeling so great, yes there is a good chance this is die off. It will get better with time, but you need the Molybdenum asap, it’s not really an optional mineral. It really does help and protect the liver. Where are you from? I can make some recommendations as to where to purchase your supplements.

I live in Sweden (stockholm), and I feel like I’ve been looking all over. Any recommendations on where to look?

RE losing weight – at the start of this diet you will loose weight I’m afraid, it’s pretty hard to keep it on, but with that being said I eat a lot of eggs a day for my protein and have been putting back on weight the last few days. I also now have the energy to go back to the gym a number of times a week and with all this protein I am eating I am sizing up quite nicely again!

This is nice to hear. I do hope that this won’t stop me from going to the gym. I guess I won’t be able to go if I feel weak as I do now, but I hope I’ll be able to go soon:)

Don’t start eating the coconut flour or teff flour yet – especially teff which is a test item to try in another few weeks. Once you are on the normal/stage 1 diet for two weeks I could make some coconut bread and try a slice of that, don’t go too mad as you won’t be sure what your reaction will be like.

Ok I’ll stay away from the bread.

And thank you for answering so fast:)

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Hello weyn,

Welcome. I’m on my 7thweek and I have seen results. I suggest you buy molybdenum because it will help your body deal with the toxins. This Is a must or else you will suffer greatly. I tried it and broke out in rashes and I got pink eye. Don’t make the same mistake. I didn’t do the cleanse suggested here. I did a juice fast for a couple of days and a had a colonic. Most of us are following the diet here on the forum provided by able, you should message him for the diet. I can say that I’m eating cooked green veggies and I juice cucumber celery ginger and lemon. Eat chicken 2-3 days a week, organic eggs and fish every other day. Drink plenty of water nd also drank bentonite clay for 2 weeks. Try to get the protocol from able. It contains the foods and supplements to eat. Good luck.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There are some herbal teas that protect the liver and kidneys that I posted in the herbal tea post yesterday; try to get those in the meantime before the molybdenum arrives. There are other supplements that work also such as milk thistle and potentially juniper berry extract.

I haven’t taken molybdenum throughout my treatment and die-off period per advice from my naturopath. However I am likely paying the consequences of this now as I recently found out my liver enzymes were too high (this means my liver is damaged). I’ve been on the diet 11 months (FYI) and am pretty much symptom free.

I would consider purchasing a probiotic when you are ready; I know its expensive but its the single most important thing you need to recover from candida overgrowth. Making homemade yogurt or kefir has probiotics in the millions count while you need billions of bacteria to get better.

Gaining weight with the diet will come in time; keep in mind that candida weighs a bunch (within the body) so as you kill it, you will lose weight. Your body will also be taxed heavily using its resources to fight this sucker off. Eventually your weight will normalize as you can eat more foods (in stage 2) and can cheat a little more often. I currently weigh more than before I started the diet.

I also thought die-off wouldn’t be that bad but its definitely misrepresented on the website.

If you want to get better as quickly as possible, the best way would be to sweat out those toxins 6 days a week by taking a sauna, hot tub, jacuzzi, steam room, etc. Hot bath works if you can’t do those other ones but isn’t as effective.

-raster

weyn

Positivo, thank you, I will definitely start with molybdenum as soon as I get it. Sounds great to be able to eat all that stuff instead of starving myself like I’m doing now. I’m used to eating a lot, and so far the diet feels awful. But again, if I will get rid of all these problems caused by the candida, I guess it’s worth it.
    And I will message Able right away for the diet!

Raster, I found your list on herbal teas and I will start with them right away. There are a lot of them on the list, but I’ll just try different ones and see which one works better.

About the probiotics. I was really hoping that the yogurt etc would be enough, but if it isn’t I guess I’ll have to get probiotics too. I will order them from herb.com, and I’ve found a lot of cheap ones there. But is there any in particular which I should buy? Or will any work? I saw in one of your posts (raster) that you benefited more from one with less billions of bacteria than the other ones you had tried..

So I’ll definitely keep taking the baths or something else of those that you suggested. I did feel like I sweated more than I’ve ever done during a bath before, and I do believe that it helped a bit.

Ok I feel a bit more positive now hearing about the weight gain.. Actually, I was also wondering if the sudden weight loss that I experienced could have been caused by candida? I lost 5 kg (I’m pretty short so it’s very visible on me..) living in the land of fast-food for a year (the US) and eating like a pig, and I haven’t been able to gain back that weight ever since.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Weyn,

I would get whichever probiotic you can afford of course. I would go for quality over cheapness. I would look into getting a high strain high count probiotic to start out and then rotate through some other ones in time. Able recommends one called megaflora which contains DDS-1 (good against candida specifically) and I recommend called HMF neuro. I’ve tried them both as well as a few others. The goal is to get as many strains as possible and then feed them with prebiotics. I don’t want to argue about which one works best or anything like that, but I personally feel that the low count low strain ones should be avoided (threelac, fivelac, etc). HMF is relatively low count and low strain so consider it in a few months.

You will heal faster with a good probiotic as long as you are doing a diet that is not candida friendly. There is a lot more supplements we can recommend as well, but antifungals and probiotics are the cornerstones of the treatment.

-raster

weyn

Great, thank you raster. I do want to heal fast, so I guess I’ll get a probiotic:)

weyn

Ok, so I’ve been looking for probiotics and since there wasn’t a great difference pricewise between megaflora and cheaper brands (since you don’t take many capsules a day). I was just gonna buy the megaflora. HOWEVER, it wasn’t possible since they only ship it domestically since it needs to keep refrigerated..
    And then I found one with DDS-1 from UAS Labs, but luckily I searched on the forum about it and found out that it’s not good enough. So what now?
    Does anyone know any good probiotic with DDS-1 I could buy in europe? Or if it can be shipped internationally from the US, so not one that needs to be shipped iced..
    What about the Mt. Capra, Caprobiotics Advanced? It says it contains only 6 strains which doesn’t seem like much, but maybe it is? I will, as soon as I can, start with yogurt (which I am a bit addicted to), kefir and sauerkraut. Maybe the 6 strains would be enough with the combination with probiotic foods?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

weyn wrote: What about the Mt. Capra, Caprobiotics Advanced? It says it contains only 6 strains which doesn’t seem like much, but maybe it is? I will, as soon as I can, start with yogurt (which I am a bit addicted to), kefir and sauerkraut. Maybe the 6 strains would be enough with the combination with probiotic foods?

The same brand is available with 10 billion CFU’s and it also contains DDS-1. See if you can find that one first before we search further. This one would be perfect as a starter probiotic.

Able

weyn

YES I think I’ve found that one. It says “Contains 10 Billion + Beneficial Bacteria Per Serving” and it contains DDS-1. Is this the one you mean? It’s called “Mt. Capra, Caprobiotics Advanced”.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

weyn wrote: YES I think I’ve found that one. It says “Contains 10 Billion + Beneficial Bacteria Per Serving” and it contains DDS-1. Is this the one you mean? It’s called “Mt. Capra, Caprobiotics Advanced”.

Yes, that’s it. Follow these instructions exactly for taking the probiotic.

Natural Probiotics:

Two weeks from the day you actually start the diet (depending on how your treatment has progressed at the time), you could test a natural probiotic, specifically homemade kefir or homemade yogurt – if you start one of these at that time, you should definitely use homemade products only and not a commercial type of yogurt or commercial premade kefir.

Then two weeks later, or four weeks after finishing the detox or of starting the diet, you can test commercially purchased organic non-sweetened Greek yogurt. Oikos and Fage are two excellent brands of organic Greek yogurt.

NOTE: Homemade kefir will be the most beneficial whole food supplement added throughout your treatment.

Commercial Probiotics: Three or four days after starting a homemade kefir or yogurt, you can start taking a probiotic capsule. Or, if you prefer not to eat the homemade kefir or yogurt, you can start the probiotic ten days after you’ve started the diet- but this is only providing you are taking Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate.

If you order probiotics over the Internet be sure to request that your order be shipped in an optional ice pack for protection and when you receive them, they should all be kept in a refrigerator for storage.

Able

weyn

Able, just to make sure I got this. I need to start the natural probiotics 2 weeks after starting the DIET, not the cleanse. Right? And then I’ll just follow the rest of the instructions.

I just want to thank you all for the great help. Like I’ve said, I’m new here, and also new to forums over all, and I’m really surprised about how people seem to care and dedicate so much time to help:)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘In need of advice’ is closed to new replies.