In ketosis and feeling miserable

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions In ketosis and feeling miserable

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jennifer1616
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 10

I lost 7 lbs in a week and a half on the anti candida diet. I am 5’2 and now 90 lbs. while my candida symptoms have vastly decreased, I believe I am in ketosis from what I’ve read. And, it does not agree with me. I feel like if I were a car, I am running Ipon diesel. Each step is an effort, my body feels like it is going to shut down! I don’t know what to do.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Well you need to get out of ketosis first of all. There are tons of studies that show immune function is compromised on a ketogenic diet. During ketosis the primary ketone produced by the liver is acetoacetate. According to research studies, C. albicans can be completely killed by different methods in the absence of acetoacetate, but are protected by its presence.

Aim for at least 75G of safe carbs a day, see how you feel there, if no bad reactions bump it up to 115-140, don’t go too high until your symptoms are under control. You can buy urine test strips as well from your local pharmacy.

Jennifer1616

Thank you TDog! I really appreciate your reply. I will do just as you advised.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Start eating more food and snack between meals. Start eating stuff that you have been afraid of like beans/rice, etc.

-raster

Jennifer1616

Thanks raster. I thought that was a no-no but I guess it’s better than being in ketosis. Is any level of ketosis bad? I used a test strip and it said “mild”. Is the ideal “negative”? And Is there a particular kind of rice you’d recommend?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend black rice, red rice, and wild rice…followed by brown rice.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘In ketosis and feeling miserable’ is closed to new replies.