IMPORTANT – Changes to forum

Home The Candida Forum Announcements & Technical Support IMPORTANT – Changes to forum

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  anna 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi everyone,

Within the next week or two, we will be launching a redesign of the entire website. This redesign will include the forum, and during the changeover the forum will be closed for around a week.

The changes in the forum will be much more than cosmetic. I know the current forum software has been quite buggy and frustrating to use sometimes. Problems have included the search function not working properly, some members being unable to create new posts, buttons not working sometimes, and more. The new version will fix all these issues and will hopefully be a much more pleasant experience for all users.

Here are some important points that you should know about the new forum:

1. Your username will remain the same.

2. When you try to log in to the new forum, your existing password will not work. You will simply need to go to ‘Lost password’ on the new site, and a new password will be emailed to you.

3. The web addresses of the forum posts will change. For example, this is an existing web address:

** http:// www. thecandidadiet. com/forum/yaf_postst11524_Tips-for-airplane-food.aspx

And this is what it will change to:

** http:// www. thecandidadiet. com/forums/forum/tips-for-airplane-food/

4. While this process is being completed, we will prevent anyone from posting to the forum. It’s a pretty major job (over 57,000 posts need to be moved) and will probably take about a week. By preventing new posts, we can ensure that no posts get lost in the changeover.

Hopefully the whole process will run smoothly, but experience tells me that we’ll have some issues along the way. If you spot any problems, please let me know through the contact form on the main website.

Best,
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi everyone,
    As promised, I am going to close down the forum for a week or so while we transfer it to the new system. You will still be able to see old posts, but you won’t be able to create any new posts.
    Best,
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘IMPORTANT – Changes to forum’ is closed to new replies.