Immune system

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Immune system

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I posted earlier I got put on a three day course of antibiotics for strep throat apparently which I haven’t had since I was a kid. Anyway I was always sick and getting sinus infections, I ve been on the diet more then a month and antifungal treatments for a month. I m on a lot of immune boosting herbs, vitamin c, excercise, of course eat right. So why the hell did I get this now? Im confused, is my immune system still in the pits fighting off yeast and bacteria overgrowth. My naturalpath says most people that just see her are so wore down its pretty normal to get infections at first on top of my problems. Thats not what I wanted to hear. So anyone else have this going on or been through it

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Mooch, a month isn’t anywhere close to enough time to cure the Candida overgrowth, and this is because your immune system hasn’t recovered yet. If your immune system had completely recovered, then you would no longer have the Candida.

Unfortunately, it takes as much patience as it does anything else to cure the infestation and rebuild your immune system, and it’s certainly going to take longer than a month. Many of us were on the diet and the supplements for over a year, and one month is only 1/12 of that time..

By the way, antifungals can’t do a thing for your immune system. You need to concentrate on the probiotics and kefir as I’ve already mentioned to you. It’s going to take a lot longer for a cure of both your immune system and the Candida overgrowth without kefir. I know you eat yogurt, but I’m talking about kefir, not yogurt, there’s a difference.

Able

moochpb

Ok, just frustrated. What Kind of kefir? And where should i pick some up?

Able900
    Spectator

Mooch;
    You can make kefir yourself either from the Body Ecology starter kits or from the actual grains. If doing this is simply impossible for you, there are several quality brands sold in health food stores as well as some supermarkets. The starter kits can be purchased from the website that makes them. They’re very easy to use. http://bodyecology.com/digestive-health-kefir-starter.html#sthash.qeFkgndM.dpbs

Helios Organic kefir, Greek Gods, Lifeway Greek Kefir, Green Valley, Redwood Hill (made from goat’s milk), So Delicious (made with coconut milk), and Green Valley are some of the more notable brands of bottled kefir.

Able

moochpb

Ok thanks. I’m gonna send my fiancé to look for some. Low sugar of course.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I would avoid the SO Delicious – they add a lot of sugar to it, just FYI.

I found one in the probiotics fridge at Whole Foods that’s called Inner Eco, and is marketed as a probiotic supplement drink vs a drink for, y’know, drinking, LOL. It’s expensive but seems to be much higher quality, and it’s vegan (coconut water).

moochpb

We found plain kefir but has 10 grams of sugar. Is that ok?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This is ok because it grows on sugar to survive.

There is a ton of ways to boost the immune system but it takes time and patience. It took me about a year to start to feel better and I got the candida mostly under control in 4 months or so. Then its baby steps thereafter.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator

alexalgebra;32623 wrote: I would avoid the SO Delicious – they add a lot of sugar to it, just FYI.

Alex, the SO Delicious coconut milk kefir contains 3 grams of sugar per 8 ounces; that’s less than normal.

moochpb;32624 wrote: We found plain kefir but has 10 grams of sugar. Is that ok?

Mooch, 10 grams is alright.

Able

moochpb

Ok thanks. Will start boosting

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Able900;32628 wrote:

I would avoid the SO Delicious – they add a lot of sugar to it, just FYI.

Alex, the SO Delicious coconut milk kefir contains 3 grams of sugar per 8 ounces; that’s less than normal.

When I was looking at it at the store, it had some kind of added sugar on the ingredients list…evaporated cane juice, I believe?

Able900
    Spectator

alexalgebra;32639 wrote: [When I was looking at it at the store, it had some kind of added sugar on the ingredients list…evaporated cane juice, I believe?

Understood, Alex.
    There are different flavors and types available in different products, and that’s why it’s so important to read every ingredient on every label.

Thanks, Able

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Immune system’ is closed to new replies.