Im so confused….

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Im so confused….

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

michellemframe
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

For breakfast today I had oatbran w/almonds and yogurt and 2 egg whites w/kale and garlic.

lunch-spinach/onion/egg whites stir fry and gluten free crackers.

My stomach had no issues after breakfast but after lunch is when I get real bad bloating/gas….I have just started reading about HCL….is this something I should consider?

Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s most likely the spinach that is causing this. It is very high in oxalates and spinach is hard to digest. This is why it is removed from a lot of candida and health diets. I would consider trying out a different lettuce instead of spinach.

-raster

michellemframe

Is Kale better?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I haven’t had kale before but I know its healthy. Kale is also high in oxalates but it is included in most diets. I personally prefer mixed greens and romaine lettuce…and even these types of lettuce are hard to digest. Be sure to chew your food plenty when eating lettuce.

-raster

michellemframe

Thank you, I am running out of ideas for lunch….

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

When I eat too much oat bran (like yesterday), I have a lot of gas/bloating 4-5 hours after eating this. I bet its a lack of HCl for me. So, take this into account.
    Never had problems with any kind of vegetable tho.
    Can you tell us how your bowl movement is/looks like this evening/tomorrow morning?

michellemframe

How much oat bran did you eat, I have 1/3 cup for breakfast, is this too much?? Maybe I will try another grain tomorrow and see what happens.

michellemframe

Could it be flax seeds?? I put this with oat bran for the omega3….

TheChosenOne
    Participant

michellemframe;49251 wrote: How much oat bran did you eat, I have 1/3 cup for breakfast, is this too much?? Maybe I will try another grain tomorrow and see what happens.

I ate two cups :D. One cup is ok for me, but two cups is not.
    Any other symptoms yet?

michellemframe

no other symptoms yet, I had the 1/3 cup at 9 am. I will not have spinach today and see if that is it and tomorrow I will have buckwheat instead of oat bran and see what happens??

TheChosenOne
    Participant

michellemframe;49259 wrote: no other symptoms yet, I had the 1/3 cup at 9 am. I will not have spinach today and see if that is it and tomorrow I will have buckwheat instead of oat bran and see what happens??

Do you know if you can handle buckwheat? I don’t think it is wise to test new food right after having troubles. I’d wait a day or two.
    You can also try to make coconut bread. It’s really delicious and it is make from coconut flour. I haven’t seen much people who have bad experiences with coconut flour.

I usually eat veggies (raw and cooked) in the morning with five eggs and some basil.

michellemframe

I had buckwheat before I bought the oat bran and had no problems.

I will try the coconut bread 🙂

For breakfast I have 3 egg whites with kale/garlic..

TheChosenOne
    Participant

michellemframe;49263 wrote: I had buckwheat before I bought the oat bran and had no problems.

I will try the coconut bread 🙂

For breakfast I have 3 egg whites with kale/garlic..

Then I see no problem. Keep us updated on how you feel in the morning!

michellemframe

Thank you I will 🙂

One more question, how and what time of day should I take the antifungals?? Take one for 2 weeks or alternate daily? I currently have GSE, garlic, Caprylic Acid, Oregano Oil.

Also, each night I take a 15 strain probiotic.

TheChosenOne
    Participant

michellemframe;49266 wrote: One more question, how and what time of day should I take the antifungals?? Take one for 2 weeks or alternate daily? I currently have GSE, garlic, Caprylic Acid, Oregano Oil.

I usually take my antifungals with my food.
    Other antifungals that you should consider are Red Thyme, SF722, extra virgin coconut oil and Brussels sprouts. Ask Able for the correct dose of all these antifungals if you didn’t already do that.
    Do not alternate daily, but every two weeks. How you actually do it, you have to figure it out by yourself. I am starting to know which antifungals are the most affective to me. What I do right now, is taking antifungal 1 and 2 then switch to 2 and 3 then switching to 3 and 1, etc every two weeks. There are a number of posts concerning this that you should definitely read.
    Here, here and here.
    You should not alternate between the whole food antifungals, which are extra virgin coconut oil and Brussels sprouts. SF722 may be taken without interruption too.

michellemframe;49266 wrote: Also, each night I take a 15 strain probiotic

Probiotics with lactobacillus acidophilus dds-1 in them are the most effective. But probiotics are VERY expensive. The best way to have probiotics is making kefir. It is one of the most wonderful products on the diet. It isn’t only much more effective than probiotics in capsules, it also gives you an energy boost (at least for me).

Good luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Im so confused….’ is closed to new replies.