I'm confused

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I'm confused

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

michellet
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

I have been reading many of the posts and I’m confused.

I’m on day 4 of the cleanse. At first I started the web sited cleanse and on day 2 I was feeling very very ill, flue like symptoms. Able wrote to tell me not to follow that.

so now I am drinking lemon water at least three times a day – I love it. I felt a lot better day 3.

I am also eating vegetables on the list and some chicken last night i had small piece of salmon (organic)

I cooked some vegetables with garlic – about an hour later I got my splitting headache back – I drank a lot of water etc.

I then ate a small maybe 1/2 cup cooked brown rice. – wouldn’t go away so I went to bed.

This morning my headache is gone and I feel great. My skin has changed it is very very soft today – i feel full of energy.

Do you think it is the garlic that is causing the die off – I need to work tonight so would avoid taking it if that was the case.

I’m not supposed to take other antifungals or eat buckwheat flour or anything until week 2 right?

I’m still looking for Molybdenum

Oh I also did 2 colonics which are pretty cool!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

michellet wrote: I have been reading many of the posts and I’m confused.

I’m on day 4 of the cleanse. At first I started the web sited cleanse and on day 2 I was feeling very very ill, flue like symptoms. Able wrote to tell me not to follow that.

so now I am drinking lemon water at least three times a day – I love it. I felt a lot better day 3.

I am also eating vegetables on the list and some chicken last night i had small piece of salmon (organic)

I cooked some vegetables with garlic – about an hour later I got my splitting headache back – I drank a lot of water etc.

I then ate a small maybe 1/2 cup cooked brown rice. – wouldn’t go away so I went to bed.

This morning my headache is gone and I feel great. My skin has changed it is very very soft today – i feel full of energy.

Do you think it is the garlic that is causing the die off – I need to work tonight so would avoid taking it if that was the case.

I’m not supposed to take other antifungals or eat buckwheat flour or anything until week 2 right?

I’m still looking for Molybdenum

Oh I also did 2 colonics which are pretty cool!

Hi
    for me it looks like die-off. And yes, garlic is very strong so I believe that you reacted to the garlic. I am very happy that you have so clear reactions that you are cleared up and feel great the next day.

yours
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds like typical die-off symptoms. Headaches indicate that you have inflammation in the body/brain. Cod liver oil is a great anti-inflammatory supplement you can get and have on the diet.

Brown rice is not recommended on the diet because it contains a large amounts of starch and a small amount of sugar. This is to be avoided until stage 2 if possible.

-Raster

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

Raster, will any cod liver oil do? Does it come in pill form as well?

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

Does cod liver oil have too much Vitamin A? What is the best fish oil?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

timmyb wrote: Does cod liver oil have too much Vitamin A? What is the best fish oil?

NOTE: Nowhere is there written a standard definition of what exactly constitutes cod liver oil. This simply means that the manufacturers are free to add any amount of vitamin A and/or D that they see fit. In other words, our government does not have an official guideline when it comes to manufacturing cod liver oil, and extra vitamin A and/or vitamin D are normally added in some amount.
    Vitamin A and vitamin D depend on each other in order to accomplish what they’re meant to. This means that without vitamin D, vitamin A can be completely ineffective and even toxic. And if you’re deficient in vitamin A, then vitamin D can’t function properly either.

Keep the above information in mind as you read the following research; in 2008, Dr. John Cannell, who is head of the U.S. Vitamin D Council, and 15 other researchers released a study in which the doctors claimed that cod liver oil can actually cause a vitamin A deficiency and even toxicity. Weird, right? But by remembering the first paragraph, you’ll understand how this can happen.

The reason that taking cod liver oil isn’t guaranteed safe is that the vitamin A in cod liver oil is extremely variable and in fact often excessive, and cod liver oil contains far less vitamin D than vitamin A. And as explained in the first paragraph, too much vitamin A and not enough vitamin D can cause vitamin A toxicity. In the study released, it was stated that the various samples of cod liver oil that were taken showed that many brands contained as much as 12,000 times more vitamin A than vitamin D.

These facts about cod liver oil DO NOT apply to regular fish oil or krill oil because these do not contain vitamins A or D, but are excellent sources of the essential omega-3 fats.

Able

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

excellent info as always. Thank you Able. I wondered if you can advise on what type of fish oil you recommend. I know that I dont need any more omega 6 an 9 because my diet already has a lot of that. So I am looking for a omega 3 fish oil with a high EPA DHA and no soy or any flavors. Also how much shouold I take. I heard 8-10 grams is a good way to fight candida.
    Thanks

Thomas

I am having Garden of Life Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil.

Is that a good one?

http://www.iherb.com/Garden-of-Life-Olde-World-Icelandic-Cod-Liver-Oil-Lemon-Mint-Flavor-8-fl-oz-235-ml/3154?at=0

Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. One serving of Cod Liver Oil provides 0.773 grams of EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids –One of nature’s richest sources of natural vitamins A and D –The vitamins A and D in Olde World® Icelandic Cod Liver Oil support normal calcium metabolism, normal bone development and help maintain healthy bone structure –The vitamin A in Olde World® Icelandic Cod Liver Oil supports eye health, normal skin and hair structure, and healthy immune function –The omega-3 fatty acids found in Olde World® Icelandic Cod Liver Oil support healthy neurological and brain function –All-natural lemon mint flavor –Great for those on low carbohydrate diets Olde World® Icelandic Cod Liver Oil comes from the pure cold waters of Iceland and is processed using traditional methods to ensure its naturally occurring ingredients remain intact. One of nature’s richest sources of natural vitamins A and D, contains both EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids and offering a multitude of health benefits, Olde World® Icelandic Cod Liver Oil should be taken daily to support overall health.

cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Thomas wrote: I am having Garden of Life Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil.
    Is that a good one?

Hello, Thomas.

The published RDA for vitamins A & D are 5000 IU for vitamin A, and the 2010 newly revised RDA for D is 600 IU. However, we all need more vitamin D than this, especially if you’re not spending time in the sun everyday and especially vitamin D3 because as you’ve probably seen, few if any supplements contain D3. A decent amount is the 5000 IU for A (combined with D in a capsule is fine), and an additional 4000 to 5000 IU of vitamin D3.

The video linked below is an interview with Dr. Cannell, head of the U.S.A. Vitamin D Council.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=–NqqB2nhBE

Vitamin D deficiency: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkjr0CWvdsI&feature=related

NOTE: The above video recommends tanning beds while researches report that tanning beds are not safe as they have been known to produce skin cancer.

Thomas, if the amount shown on your supplement is truly what the cod liver oil contains, then all you need to do is add additional D (preferably D3) to your regimen.

For anyone who is able to obtain plenty of sunlight, the amounts shown may not apply to you.
    Able

Thomas

Able900 wrote:

I am having Garden of Life Olde World Icelandic Cod Liver Oil.
    Is that a good one?

Hello, Thomas.

The published RDA for vitamins A & D are 5000 IU for vitamin A, and the 2010 newly revised RDA for D is 600 IU. However, we all need more vitamin D than this, especially if you’re not spending time in the sun everyday and especially vitamin D3 because as you’ve probably seen, few if any supplements contain D3. A decent amount is the 5000 IU for A (combined with D in a capsule is fine), and an additional 4000 to 5000 IU of vitamin D3.

The video linked below is an interview with Dr. Cannell, head of the U.S.A. Vitamin D Council.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=–NqqB2nhBE

Vitamin D deficiency: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkjr0CWvdsI&feature=related

NOTE: The above video recommends tanning beds while researches report that tanning beds are not safe as they have been known to produce skin cancer.

Thomas, if the amount shown on your supplement is truly what the cod liver oil contains, then all you need to do is add additional D (preferably D3) to your regimen.

For anyone who is able to obtain plenty of sunlight, the amounts shown may not apply to you.
    Able

Thank you Able again for your clear information. I accentually have a bottle of D3 and take an extra capsule and the cod liver oil I showed to you.
    I was a bit concerned if I would take too much? I am still feeling so terrible that I really have to digg deep now what it is.

I was up to 3 times 25 drops of Grapefruitseed extract and 2 – 3 capsules of Caprylic acid daily, and eating the swede root in my food. Today I didnt take the antifungal testing if I feel a bit better. Maybe it was too much anti-fungals going on.

yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Thomas, I imagine you are experiencing die-off symptoms, especially with the amounts of antifungals you’re taking. When the die-off is strong enough, it can actually make you feel worse than the Candida can because of all the toxins being released in your system and literally poisoning your body. This is why molybdenum is imperative while you’re taking antifungals.

Able

Thomas

Able900 wrote: Thomas, I imagine you are experiencing die-off symptoms, especially with the amounts of antifungals you’re taking. When the die-off is strong enough, it can actually make you feel worse than the Candida can because of all the toxins being released in your system and literally poisoning your body. This is why molybdenum is imperative while you’re taking antifungals.

Able

I got now molybdenum now and take one or two a day. Do you think it is advisable to take a break with the Grapefruitseed extract and the Caprylic acid and other stuff when the going gets too much for me. And then pick it up again. Or is the candida growing back the short break I take. When I say break I don’t mean, breaking from the diet but not taking so much anti fungals for a couple of days.

thanks
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Thomas; how many days have you been on the GSE and Caprylic acid?

Also, what is the amount of molybdenum in one dose?

The Candida normally can’t multiply during a short break unless you feed it, which I know you don’t plan on doing.

Thomas

Able900 wrote: Thomas; how many days have you been on the GSE and Caprylic acid?

Also, what is the amount of molybdenum in one dose?

The Candida normally can’t multiply during a short break unless you feed it, which I know you don’t plan on doing.

Hi Able,
    the first time I took Caprylic acid was on the 18.10.2011 8 o clock in the morning, one capsule. Later I started to take 2 capsule, some times I even tool 3 capsules. Today is the 18.11.2011 that means that I take it for a month now.

GSE: The first time I took these where on the 7.11.2011. I took 25 drops in a glass of water. On the 11.11 I moved up to two times a day 25 drops in a glass of water.
    On the 13.11. I moved up to three times a day 25 drops in a glass of water.

Molybdenum: 1000 ug http://www.metabolics.com/vmchk/Mineral-Capsules/Potassium-Molybdate-Pot-Of-90-Capsules/flypage_images.tpl.html

Today I took a break and feel a lot better.

thank you Able for all the help!!!
    yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Thomas, ammonia is a very strong adrenal stimulant; when stimulation occurs, the adrenals secret adrenalin. Over production of adrenalin can cause the fight or flight mechanism in the body which we know as panic or anxiety attacks. This may be a form of what you experienced.

The amount of your molybdenum supplement is fine, but if you can obtain empty capsules in your area, I suggest that you divide the dose into two times a day. Molybdenum doesn’t accumulate in the body tissue, that’s why, during die-off you need to take it on a regular basis several times a day.

Taking a break from the antifungals is a good idea; if you feel a lot better, then it was probably the die-off causing the problems you’ve been experiencing lately. I would wait a few days and then add a different one, perhaps coconut oil if you can obtain it, if not, perhaps oil of oregano (liquid) or garlic capsules plus garlic cloves.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I'm confused’ is closed to new replies.